Texas Hunting Forum

Uh Oh, I fear a massive loss of money in my future...

Posted By: Earl

Uh Oh, I fear a massive loss of money in my future... - 01/11/22 05:06 AM

Gun Shows pretty much suck these days if and when there is one...I see in the news today that Rock Island Auction house is moving to Bedford...mmk, that could become problematic for my checkbook.

I can manage to stay away when things are online or in a catalog - but actually attending the auction and looking at the stuff sounds like alot of fun.

Earl
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Uh Oh, I fear a massive loss of money in my future... - 01/11/22 05:25 AM

That's good news! I have always wanted to attend one of their auctions in person. It might even trigger me to reinstate my 03 FFL that I had let expire.
Posted By: leswad

Re: Uh Oh, I fear a massive loss of money in my future... - 01/11/22 05:29 AM

This is horrible news!
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Uh Oh, I fear a massive loss of money in my future... - 01/11/22 03:39 PM

Far more temptation than I can withstand. My wife just shook her head when she saw the news release.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Uh Oh, I fear a massive loss of money in my future... - 01/11/22 06:20 PM

Right on
Posted By: R83steve

Re: Uh Oh, I fear a massive loss of money in my future... - 01/11/22 07:53 PM

I think it’s great

Re: Uh Oh, I fear a massive loss of money in my future... - 01/12/22 12:51 AM

It will be nice just to see some of the stuff. They recently sold The Duke's SAA that he carried in True Grit, Ruster Cogburn, and The Cowboys...man I loved that scene in True Grit where he holds the reigns of Old Dollar in his mouth and fires that SAA at Robert Duval's gang with one hand and twirls the Winchester and fires with the other charging all 4 bad guys...best damn scene ever in a Western. Hell if I had half a million bucks to spend in "mad" money I would have bought the thing smile
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Uh Oh, I fear a massive loss of money in my future... - 01/12/22 01:24 AM

They are expanding, not moving. Still it sounds like it will be a big operation. " Starting with a light crew, they hope to build up to about 155 full-time employees. "

https://qctimes.com/business/local/...6b0e4b7-edf7-50b8-9be3-0c405739b8c5.html
Posted By: Blackout Bill

Re: Uh Oh, I fear a massive loss of money in my future... - 01/12/22 01:30 AM

Earl, Just don’t pull a Richard Rawlings (Gas Monkey). Get sauced during an auction and buy pigs wearing lipstick. Or spend a lot more than you should. Lol.

Re: Uh Oh, I fear a massive loss of money in my future... - 01/12/22 04:04 AM

Semantics...

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/the-dallas-morning-news/20220111/282003265780628

They'll have a 127,000+ square foot retail center, 5000 sqare foot auction hall and 25,000 square foot showroom. They expect to take a few years to "reach full capacity"...my gut, that means they will eventually move.

And this is according to the City of Bedford:

"ROCK ISLAND AUCTION CO. COMING SOON
In November, the City Council approved a measure that will help
bring Rock Island Auction Company, the world’s largest fine and
historic firearms and militaria auction house, to Bedford! They
will be moving their headquarters into the former Stericycle
building, 3600 Harwood Road, and will also be purchasing the
neighboring shopping center at 3508 Harwood Road. Over the
next year, they’ll be investing over $5 million in renovations to
both their future headquarters and the adjacent shopping center, to attract business that will provide a value to Rock Island
and their clients.
The company currently employs 155 full-time employees and
just surpassed $100 million in annual sales for the first time in
2021. The company’s clients come from all over the world, contributing to Rock Island holding over 80 world sales records for
individual objects in their field, including eight seven-figure individual sales. Based on sales records, this new Bedford business
is expected to generate approximately $200,000 in annual revenue for the City. In addition, Rock Island will benefit the local
economy through their tens of thousands of clients, who will
sleep, eat, and shop in Bedford.
JANUARY 2022 | PAGE 2
BEDFORD BUSINESS NEW"

Earl

Originally Posted by Sniper John
They are expanding, not moving. Still it sounds like it will be a big operation. " Starting with a light crew, they hope to build up to about 155 full-time employees. "

https://qctimes.com/business/local/...6b0e4b7-edf7-50b8-9be3-0c405739b8c5.html
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum