Texas Hunting Forum

How to price components here

Posted By: Buzzsaw

How to price components here - 11/25/21 01:57 PM

There are many members here wanting to buy components. If you were to have extra you could do without, how would you price it?

1. Jack it up?
2. Retail?
3. Below retail?
Posted By: J.G.

Re: How to price components here - 11/25/21 01:59 PM

What ever replacement cost is.

And not Midways prices. An average of the market. Price gouging THF members is short term money. I would NEVER do that.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: How to price components here - 11/25/21 02:17 PM

I find the cheapest place it can be bought from, if I have extra I don’t mind letting it go but I’m not going to sell it for less then I could possibly replace it with. Selling anything less than it can be replaced for is simply stupid IMO even though I may have bought it 2 years ago when it was cheaper I can hold onto it myself and use it some day or let it go for the cheapest market value it can be found for. If that’s not good enough I’ll gladly keep it in the stash.

Anyone trying to make a profit off of it is a freaking DB in my eyes,,,, I know it’s a free market but some times the moneys not worth the bad mojo and I’m a firm believer in Karma…
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: How to price components here - 11/25/21 02:49 PM

I suppose it depends on why I’d even care to sale my surplus to begin with…

I generally find that “stuff I don’t need” is subjective, and I seek to sale it to offset other costs which may be inflated….

I love brisket, beer, gambling, and an occasional cigar (or three) let’s run down that list real quick:

Beef prices are high at the moment

I’m not a very good gambler , I think winstar fixes those machines and when I’m showing 20 the dealer gets 21 - repeatedly

I enjoy beer and smokes as I travel and camp - that reminds me, gas prices are killing me right now .

SO - I need a little extra cash flow , there suddenly is ALOT of stuff i don’t need.

I sale retail or 5% below

My thought is the savings is on taxes and shipping for my buyer and they generally like saving 20-30 bucks and having a chat with a fellow forum member.

When times are good, say I win some money or gas is 2 bucks or less or I’m generally not bleeding money everywhere I go then I find I’ll sale for below retail - but that was pre-pandemic…..
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: How to price components here - 11/25/21 02:53 PM

If it's components I use, I probably wouldn't sell. If I sold a rifle in a particular caliber like my 6.5x55 and didn't have a need for 6.5 mm bullets and brass. I'd just sell them here for what I paid for them which would be a huge bargain over today's prices.
Posted By: JCB

Re: How to price components here - 11/25/21 03:10 PM

Sell for market value or slightly below if you want to move it fast.

In cases where I know the buyer I will sell for what I have in it or below what it can be bought elsewhere for.
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: How to price components here - 11/25/21 03:38 PM

TRADE them is where I’m at. I can’t find a thing I need for sale
Posted By: TAB

Re: How to price components here - 11/25/21 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by aggiehunter03
TRADE them is where I’m at. I can’t find a thing I need for sale

Stuffs to hard to come by, I been trading for stuff I can’t buy..
Posted By: wp75169

Re: How to price components here - 11/25/21 05:36 PM

I always buy high and sell low. Give it away or throw it away.

Unless it’s an expensive item it’s not worth it to me deal with people. I’d rather give away or throw away a $20 item than negotiate.

Fortunately everyone I’ve dealt with on here has been great.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: How to price components here - 11/25/21 05:49 PM

Market value which could be above or below retail. Hard to find items should be priced accordingly. I don’t give chit away. Everything is fore sale just convince me ($$$) to sell it!!!
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: How to price components here - 11/25/21 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by wp75169

Unless it’s an expensive item it’s not worth it to me deal with people. I’d rather give away or throw away a $20 item than negotiate.

'Just bought a pistol on here. Got the pistol. The deal included ammo. I've asked twice in PMs about the ammo. Both PMs read...and no dam response. realmad DWYSYWD. (Do what you say you will do.) Grip was messed up too. 'Got another on order. Darn thing better fire. (Oh, I have ammo.)
Posted By: RJH1

Re: How to price components here - 11/25/21 06:06 PM

Market value. Take primers for example,if I bought them for $30, I ain't selling them for that now. I might sell them for$65 and then both me and the buyer get a decent deal
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: How to price components here - 11/25/21 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner

'Just bought a pistol on here. Got the pistol. The deal included ammo. I've asked twice in PMs about the ammo. Both PMs read...and no dam response. realmad DWYSYWD. (Do what you say you will do.) Grip was messed up too. 'Got another on order. Darn thing better fire. (Oh, I have ammo.)

Name them creek
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: How to price components here - 11/25/21 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

Name them creek

I'm gonna give him a week. 'Have his address and phone number, but I shouldn't have to contact him that way.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: How to price components here - 11/26/21 12:00 PM

I have thought about the same thing myself since I was stocked up and my consumption has all but stopped. But then I think about how hard I worked to get the stuff and what would happen when I do need it one day. It's not worth the few hundred dollars in profit (difference between what I paid and what it's worth now) to hit reset on the game. If you do sell, please use sell/sale correctly bang and take good pics. hammer
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: How to price components here - 11/26/21 01:44 PM

Buzz...you should list everything 20% less than you paid for it. We all enjoy seeing your sales a week after you bought it. roflmao
Posted By: angus1956

Re: How to price components here - 11/26/21 01:58 PM

Components are tough to come by these days. Price at market value and it will move fast and won't be sitting on our shelf.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: How to price components here - 11/26/21 02:05 PM

I tell ya, I'm seriously thinking about selling all my guns, just keeping a few for hunting. I'm losing the love. Probably getting old, back problems. another knee replacement next month, it's become a chore just loading everything up to head for the range. I just had two very expensive competition rifles built and just don't feel like competing anymore. It's terrible and I just can't put my figure on it.

I love the matches, seeing some of yall. IDK maybe I'm going through a phase, getting old sucks.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: How to price components here - 11/26/21 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
I tell ya, I'm seriously thinking about selling all my guns, just keeping a few for hunting. I'm losing the love. Probably getting old, back problems. another knee replacement next month, it's become a chore just loading everything up to head for the range. I just had two very expensive competition rifles built and just don't feel like competing anymore. It's terrible and I just can't put my figure on it.

I love the matches, seeing some of yall. IDK maybe I'm going through a phase, getting old sucks.

Take the love of the game, the equipment, and knowledge, and sponsor a kid. Every once in a while you’ll find one who actually appreciates it.
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: How to price components here - 11/26/21 02:35 PM

Just a slump Buzz, the enjoyment will come back.
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: How to price components here - 11/26/21 05:01 PM

Definitely trade for what you can use. Price jacking happens for a reason. Your components are better than money to someone who needs them.

If you can use them keep them.
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: How to price components here - 11/26/21 05:02 PM

Look at HRT/TRT. Help you heal and recover. The only thing stopping me is the price.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum