Texas Hunting Forum

6.5 Creedmoor ammo

Posted By: Kodyjoe2016

6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/12/21 02:17 AM

Anybody had any bad experience shooting the Hornady Precision Hunter ammo 143 eldx
Couple guys telling me they can't get it to group
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/12/21 02:28 AM

Every time I’ve shot it has been fine
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/12/21 02:37 AM

I’d question other things before that ammo. Went from 2” groups to .5” when I switched to that same ammo.

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/12/21 03:49 AM

Thanks for the info yall
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/12/21 12:31 PM

I have "heard" from some reloaders that the ELDX can be harder to get to shoot than ELDM. I know the ELDM is easy to tune but have never tried the ELDX.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/12/21 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Big Fitz
I have "heard" from some reloaders that the ELDX can be harder to get to shoot than ELDM. I know the ELDM is easy to tune but have never tried the ELDX.

Not ever one time has that been the case for me.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/12/21 01:08 PM

When I couldn't get ELDX I switched to ELDM and didn't change anything else. No issues.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/12/21 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55

When I couldn't get ELDX I switched to ELDM and didn't change anything else. No issues.

Factory ELD-X shoots like garbage in my Tikka CTR (1.5"-2" groups was best I could get). Factory ELD-M was nearly one hole. I need to work up a reload with the ELD-X
Posted By: pokerj2

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/12/21 04:29 PM

My ELDX shoots great. I am disappointed on exit wounds on animals within 100 yards. It seems within 100 yards it pokes a hole. No large exit, no carnage on the inside. I have a feeder at 125 yards and I have had a completely different experience. This has been on both pigs and deer. Multiple animals of both types shot at both locations.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/12/21 05:57 PM

Who cares? They are all 6.5's and therefore junk. bolt
Posted By: JCB

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/12/21 09:32 PM

The Creedmoor is the official caliber of CMA award winners.
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/12/21 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by patriot07

Factory ELD-X shoots like garbage in my Tikka CTR (1.5"-2" groups was best I could get). Factory ELD-M was nearly one hole. I need to work up a reload with the ELD-X

My Tikka T3 shoots Precision Hunter like chit. My handloads with the same bullet make bugholes for 3 shots. I think it's seating depth more than anything. I also had the exact same results in my full-custom 7mm-08.

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/12/21 10:26 PM

Aw man when them to suckers liplocked that's when I had to change the channel
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/12/21 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
Originally Posted by patriot07

My Tikka T3 shoots Precision Hunter like chit. My handloads with the same bullet make bugholes for 3 shots. I think it's seating depth more than anything. I also had the exact same results in my full-custom 7mm-08.

smile ani
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/13/21 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by JCB
The Creedmoor is the official caliber of CMA award winners.

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: BigPig

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/13/21 03:10 AM

Were you talking to Judd? He vehemently HATES all things Hornady but instantly goes down on his knees at the mention of anything Creedmoor, it’s hard to watch
Posted By: David Maas

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/13/21 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by BigPig

Were you talking to Judd? He vehemently HATES all things Hornady but instantly goes down on his knees at the mention of anything Creedmoor, it’s hard to watch

I hear he listens to Luke Bryan while reloading and building rifles
Posted By: Judd

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/13/21 03:58 AM

I like Hornady about as much as the gaymoor.

Poker, that’s penciling and I’ve seen it more than once and had it happen on a yote at 117y. Supposedly over 200y they are very predictable, it’s inside that the issue pops up on occasion.
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor ammo - 11/17/21 12:17 AM

I’m having some issues with creedmoor 143 eld-x inside of 100 yards

Can someone explain why an eld-x wouldn’t perform at higher velocities but past 150 yards it will at lower velocity ???

Connected with a hog at 250 yards - DRT pass through ….
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum