Texas Hunting Forum

For you 10 mm guys

Posted By: RJH1

For you 10 mm guys - 09/30/21 09:49 PM

I just saw Springfield released an XDM elite OSP compact 10 mm. So if you're looking for a smaller 10 mm you got one more option
Posted By: JCB

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 09/30/21 09:53 PM

I have shot enough 10mm and enough compacts to know I dont want both in the same package. Would be fun to play with but dont think I would want it for a carry weapon. With that being said.....I am a big fan of all the XD models I have played with.
Posted By: scot

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 09/30/21 10:27 PM

What price point?

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 09/30/21 10:33 PM

MSRP of 633 with no Red Dot or 818 with that hex dragonfly Dot

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 09/30/21 10:35 PM

https://www.springfield-armory.com/...compact-osp-10mm-handgun-whex-dragonfly/

Here's a link with a little info, assuming it works LOL
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 09/30/21 10:46 PM

eeks333

I’m guessing that has a pretty snappy recoil with full power 10 mm ammo. My G40 is a handful with full power.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/01/21 12:07 AM

Their red dot was not good when I saw one
Posted By: Blackout Bill

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/01/21 03:35 AM

I like heavy hitters but need some weight to reduce recoil. Not because I’m weak but more for accuracy and getting back on target. I have a few 10mm but all are 1911 frames less a Sig 220. I’ve actually thought about a Glock 20, similar size as the XDM, but haven’t found one reasonably priced during the mess we’re in.

I am curious about the review and accuracy of the XDM though.

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/01/21 12:48 PM

I can't speak from personal experience about the 10mm, but I have a 40 compact that is very accurate. I have a 9 mm OSP and a 40 5.25 that are also very accurate. So I would assume that the 10 would be as well

Originally Posted by Blackout Bill
I like heavy hitters but need some weight to reduce recoil. Not because I’m weak but more for accuracy and getting back on target. I have a few 10mm but all are 1911 frames less a Sig 220. I’ve actually thought about a Glock 20, similar size as the XDM, but haven’t found one reasonably priced during the mess we’re in.

Posted By: 65x55

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/01/21 12:51 PM

I wish Smith & Wesson would bring back the 1006 (and 4006, 4506). Maybe update the slide for optics mounting.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/04/21 04:47 PM

Them XD’s will get you killed in the streetz.
Posted By: TAB

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/04/21 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tactical Cowboy

How so?
Posted By: TLew

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/04/21 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Blackout Bill

I have a G20 and it's larger and heavier than a XDM. I love it, and it is a little snappy but not horrible -- nothing like a 357mag, 44, etc.. The biggest problem I have with 10mm is it will play havoc on your ears. My G20 is my sidearm at the lease in case I run across pigs. I don't have time to put in ears when we come across one unexpectedly, and it's painfully loud
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/04/21 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by TAB

How so?

My cousins girlfriends sister was dating this dude that knew a guy that was on the swat team and he said so.
Posted By: TAB

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/04/21 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by TAB

How so?

My cousins girlfriends sister was dating this dude that knew a guy that was on the swat team and he said so.

That’s awesome!!
Posted By: Superduty

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/08/21 11:20 AM

I am wondering why it does not come with co-witness sights.

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/08/21 04:15 PM

Basically none of the guns from any manufacturer come with co-witness sites unless the barrel is also threaded for a suppressor. If you look at things like Glock 19 MOS they don't have co-witness sites, the sig 320 the rear side is removed to put on a optic. It wouldn't surprise me if there's one or two out there that come with co-witness sites, but that's where the exception than the rule. I have a feeling they do that so that you don't have to have a different holster, and you can get co-witness signs for a few bucks from Springfield, or wherever if you have a different brand of gun. That's just my observations
Posted By: Steve from GA

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/08/21 09:44 PM

Man - I can't imagine a compact 10mm...no thanks. I have G20 with a streamlight that has become my house gun - the weapons mounted light helps to tame a good bit of the muzzle flip.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/09/21 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by 65x55
I wish Smith & Wesson would bring back the 1006 (and 4006, 4506). Maybe update the slide for optics mounting.

Heck ya...I took a 4506-1 through the police academy in 1994 and my favorite 10mm is the 1006 with adjustable sights. If you look around you can still find some used 4006s at halfway decent prices in places like Gunbroker, some of them former California Highway Patrol guns. There are used 4506s and 1006s out there but they want scalper's prices for them.

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/09/21 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Steve from GA
Man - I can't imagine a compact 10mm...no thanks. I have G20 with a streamlight that has become my house gun - the weapons mounted light helps to tame a good bit of the muzzle flip.

I have the same gun in 40 and I load 180s that outpace a lot of the 10mm stuff and it is not bad. Something like buffalo bore might be, but the Hornady stuff shouldn't beat you up
Posted By: 65x55

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/09/21 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by LeonCarr
Originally Posted by 65x55

Heck ya...I took a 4506-1 through the police academy in 1994 and my favorite 10mm is the 1006 with adjustable sights. If you look around you can still find some used 4006s at halfway decent prices in places like Gunbroker, some of them former California Highway Patrol guns. There are used 4506s and 1006s out there but they want scalper's prices for them.

That's awesome to hear about your experience. I actually got a 4006 TSW this summer for a good deal and love it but would like to get one in every caliber they made. They are iconic guns, built to last.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/09/21 04:16 AM

If memory serves me right the TSWs are the last 4006s the CHP used before going to the M&P .40s. Nice handguns.

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/09/21 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by RJH1
Basically none of the guns from any manufacturer come with co-witness sites unless the barrel is also threaded for a suppressor. If you look at things like Glock 19 MOS they don't have co-witness sites, the sig 320 the rear side is removed to put on a optic. It wouldn't surprise me if there's one or two out there that come with co-witness sites, but that's where the exception than the rule. I have a feeling they do that so that you don't have to have a different holster, and you can get co-witness signs for a few bucks from Springfield, or wherever if you have a different brand of gun. That's just my observations

The FN 509c does, non threaded barrel from factory.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/09/21 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Steve from GA

XDM 10mm here.

Re: For you 10 mm guys - 10/10/21 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Superduty
Originally Posted by RJH1

The FN 509c does, non threaded barrel from factory.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That is why I said basically, I figured there would be one or two out there I didn't remember and new someone would post them up. Nice blaster 👍🏻👍🏻
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum