Texas Hunting Forum

New Remingtons?

Posted By: HTXdude123

New Remingtons? - 07/15/21 03:58 AM

I know remington went out of business, stopped manufacturing for awhile, quality was down in the early 2000s, ect. Now that they are making guns again, I was wondering how ya'll think the quality would be? Think their classics like the 870 wingmaster and 700 will be up to snuff? Or wait a couple years again before procuring one?
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: New Remingtons? - 07/15/21 04:00 AM

I would wait a bit.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: New Remingtons? - 07/15/21 03:54 PM

I would definitely wait
Posted By: kmon11

Re: New Remingtons? - 07/15/21 04:03 PM

I would wait and watch reviews for at least a year or two before spending any $ on them
Posted By: redchevy

Re: New Remingtons? - 07/15/21 06:04 PM

Personally wouldnt buy one unless they make a come back and recieve much praise. That said have handled a few that were made in the pizz poor years right before they filed bankruptcy or whatever again and they function as well as any of the ones we have from the Remington glory days.

I dont think they are bad, just too many other superior options in my mind.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: New Remingtons? - 07/15/21 08:12 PM

I think the 870 Wingmaster not the Sportsman model and the 700 5R would be fine.

I would always stay away from anyone's "budget" lines of guns and most manufacturers have them, Some are good, some suk
Posted By: TAB

Re: New Remingtons? - 07/16/21 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
I think the 870 Wingmaster not the Sportsman model and the 700 5R would be fine.

I would always stay away from anyone's "budget" lines of guns and most manufacturers have them, Some are good, some suk

I have 2 5r’s and they shoot just as good as anything else for sure !
Posted By: J.G.

Re: New Remingtons? - 07/16/21 12:46 AM

I would love to borrow a few rifles from new Remington and see what they could do.

No money exchanged, but I am going to report honesty.
Posted By: Erny

Re: New Remingtons? - 07/16/21 12:54 AM

I would give them a shot. Every Remington rifle I have owned has been great.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum