Texas Hunting Forum

Sbe2 cycling issues?

Posted By: 2fur21

Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/04/21 02:22 AM

I have done almost everything possible and still no luck. Strip, clean, no oil/ oil, high brass/lo brass, premium/cheap sales. Still the action is slow and won't cycle. Only thing I haven't replaces is buffer spring. Could this be the issue? Or just send it back to Benelli?
Posted By: TDK

Re: Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/04/21 02:47 AM

If it’s under warranty let Benelli deal with it.

If not; is the failure on feeding a shell or ejecting?
Posted By: cleboje

Re: Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/04/21 11:58 AM

Sounds like you have a buffer spring issue...time to disassemble and clean or replace the buffer spring with a new one...when installing the new spring, I recommend lubing/spraying with white lithium grease for long lasting protection from corrosion.

When I had my SBE, I did this and was surprised at the amount of built up "crud" had found its way into the recoil tube of the stock!

Re: Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/04/21 12:01 PM

No warranty. Ejects fine for awhile then the action slows and won't feed
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/04/21 12:18 PM

Sure cycle
Posted By: Misfire

Re: Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/04/21 12:37 PM

I’d do this first.

Originally Posted by cleboje
Sounds like you have a buffer spring issue...time to disassemble and clean or replace the buffer spring with a new one...when installing the new spring, I recommend lubing/spraying with white lithium grease for long lasting protection from corrosion.

When I had my SBE, I did this and was surprised at the amount of built up "crud" had found its way into the recoil tube of the stock!

Yup, I’d start with disassembling the recoil tube, throughly clean everything in it and the reassembling. If that doesn’t work then replace the spring. (Because they’re cheap, I’d replace the spring while it’s disassembled)

https://fb.watch/5gYMYGlJys/

I was having a failure to feed issue with my M1. After replacing the extractor, ejector, follower, ALL springs and recoil tube, it ended up being the lifter. Sometimes it can be a pain chasing down an issue but most likely it needs a really good cleaning.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/04/21 01:13 PM

Find a friend who has a SBE2 and swap some parts to diagnose the error.
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/04/21 01:27 PM

Have you thoroughly cleaned the trigger group? Look at the the bottom of the breech block and the top of shell lifter for wear, willing to bet its in the trigger group.

If you haven't removed the action spring and tube, use a little heat to loosen the thread locker holding the threaded stud, also look at the magazine follower and if it is plastic, order the Nordic Components aluminum version from Tombstone Tactical.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/04/21 01:36 PM

If the gun is clean and lubed and the action is slow, it is most likely the buffer spring. It is in the long tube sticking out of the back of the receiver when you take the stock off. The cap will have thread locker and will require just a dab of heat to break loose. It will be tight.
Posted By: kmon1

Re: Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/04/21 02:03 PM

Agree with the ones pointing to the buffer spring and tube. Have had that issue a couple times with my original SBE. It is amazing what all you can find that has made its way there.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/04/21 02:26 PM

send it back to Benelli if all else fails

DONT screw anything up on your own, repairs are expensive

ask me how I know bang
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/04/21 03:10 PM

Here you go. YouTube is your friend. It is a simple fix.

Re: Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/04/21 06:17 PM

Thanks for all the info and advice . Will get to it.
Posted By: brokenpole

Re: Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/07/21 03:04 AM

Yup berreta
Posted By: cowie14

Re: Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/07/21 09:01 PM

Benelli replaced everything on my SBE2 under warranty, had who knows amount of rounds thru it. Came back to me like a brand new one!
Posted By: TXBoss

Re: Sbe2 cycling issues? - 05/09/21 07:41 AM

As everyone else says... buffer spring and tube get a good cleaning. Takes all of about 10 minutes. Keep the other components dry and make sure you have it shouldered good. If you don't you'll act as a dampener and it makes it harder for the spring to kick back and rack the bolt. My kids used to have this problem b/c they didn't should it solid.

When mine is slow to cycle, the bolt, trigger, and buffer tube & spring get a good wipe down with an old t-shirt to remove soot and dirt.
© 2021 Texas Hunting Forum