Texas Hunting Forum

New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor

Posted By: Big Fitz

New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/03/21 10:27 PM

I recently picked up a Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 Super Juddmoor (aka 6.5 PRC). Initial impressions of the rifle are very positive.

Trigger - I adjusted the trigger down to a very crisp 2.5 lbs and feels great. My Tikka triggers are a bit lighter but still very good for a production rifle. I doubt I'll replace it.

Action - The action is incredibly smooth and might be a touch better than Tikka. It is a Remmy 700 footprint so lot's of aftermarket options.

Barrel - Bergara contracted with Ed Shilen years ago and he showed them the processes to build accurate button rifled barrels. I didn't realize Begara made barrels for high end factory rifles (bolts and AR platforms) prior to deciding to design their own actions. This one is #6 conture, 8" twist, finished at 24" and threaded at 5/8-24. We shall see how good it shoots soon.

Bottom Metal - takes AICS style mags and is made of aluminum. Seems to be very stout and well designed/built. I could easily see people using their bottom metal on custom builds.

Stock - composite stock built on a well designed aluminum mini chassis where front flush cups and two forward sling studs screw into the mini chassis. LOP is adjustable with 3 spacers and has an adjustable comb and a near vertical grip. The stock is absolutely fantastic for this price range of rifle!!!

The B-14 rifles are built in Begara Spain and the higher priced models have an upgraded action that are built in the US using Begara barrels and stocks (in some cases).

I hope Remington is paying attention and will make similar mods to their rifles to be competitive.
Posted By: DeRico

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/03/21 10:35 PM

Heck yeah! I just recently picked an HMR up in, I guess, the "Juddmoor" planning on adding an ARCA rail and AREA 419 goodies. This one is going to be my first bolt build toy so going to throw more parts at it over the years

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/03/21 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by DeRico
Heck yeah! I just recently picked an HMR up in, I guess, the "Juddmoor" planning on adding an ARCA rail and AREA 419 goodies. This one is going to be my first bolt build toy so going to throw more parts at it over the years

Will be interested in how it shoots DeRico.
Posted By: Judd

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/03/21 11:45 PM

I KNEW IT!!!!

Fitz just came out of the closet y’all.

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/03/21 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
I KNEW IT!!!!

I ain't the one with the "#1 Creedmoor Fan" title below my name. rofl
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/03/21 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Big Fitz
I KNEW IT!!!!

rofl this is funny. Sounds like a nice stick Fitz.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/04/21 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by KRoyal
I KNEW IT!!!!

rofl this is funny. Sounds like a nice stick Fitz.

I do enjoy this new publicity that Judd is getting rofl
Posted By: angus1956

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/04/21 01:07 AM

Will it be ready for the May 500 yard steel target match?
Posted By: P_102

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/04/21 01:22 AM

He won’t need it, angus, he’s got a 6 Juddmoor that’s a shooter.
Posted By: TAB

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/04/21 03:05 AM

Need to go break this thing in, in style fitz!
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/04/21 03:20 AM

Bergara makes a great rifle. I like that HMR stock for a dual purpose LR and hunting stock. Post some pics!
Posted By: DeRico

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/04/21 03:34 AM

Samezies!

I read in another thread someone having issues with their bolt. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope I don’t have a lemon.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/04/21 10:26 AM

Ran into a rancher fella this weekend who had recently secured one pretty much like you described and was in love with it.

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/04/21 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by angus1956
Will it be ready for the May 500 yard steel target match?

No, will be shooting either the 6 or 6.5 CM...still need to tune seating depth in both of those.
Posted By: RH422

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/04/21 02:10 PM

Where can I find the info on the 500 yard match?
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/04/21 02:22 PM

scope???

for this great rifle? 6.5PRC

Unicorn ???

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/04/21 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by RH422
Where can I find the info on the 500 yard match?

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum...steel-match-tournament-style#Post8089795

Buzz, probably going to use my Burris XTR II 5-25.

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/04/21 03:27 PM

Samezies!

I read in another thread someone having issues with their bolt. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope I don’t have a lemon.

I've seen two cases with the bolt shroud breaking but both cases were due to using small primers that had blown. I would definitely stay with large primers.
Posted By: RH422

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 05/04/21 05:56 PM

Thank you Sir!!

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 07/09/21 05:26 PM

Finally took it out for a range session. I was shooting factory Hornady 147 ELDMs and took it out to 800 yds. The trigger is crisp but still too heavy for my liking. Will work up some hand loads when I can find the bullets I'm looking for. The barrel gets hot to the touch after 6 rounds.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 07/09/21 05:31 PM

NICE!

Rumor has it Judd is about to buy a CNC to start making his own actions, and his SA will be called the....................you guessed it.............JUDDMOOR!!!!!! roflmao

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 07/09/21 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by BarneyWho
NICE!

Rumor has it Judd is about to buy a CNC to start making his own actions, and his SA will be called the....................you guessed it.............JUDDMOOR!!!!!! roflmao

roflmao
Posted By: 603Country

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 07/09/21 07:32 PM

Great…another 6.5 cartridge. As if it wasn’t already hard enough to get the bullets I like to use. My 260 and I were doin just fine till everybody got a danged Creedmore. Recently I read that some gun dealer said that 80% of all the rifles he sells now are in 6.5 CM.
Posted By: TAB

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 07/09/21 08:34 PM

Nice to see it’s gonna shoot!
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: New Toy - 6.5 Super Juddmoor - 07/09/21 09:42 PM

lookin good, see ya manana
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum