Texas Hunting Forum

Who’s our pistol guru?

Posted By: GusWayne

Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/29/21 12:32 AM

I have a question over a class
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/29/21 12:48 AM

I think BIL is a LEO trainer.

I’m definitely not a trainer but have taken a few classes and shot several competitions. What’s the question?

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/29/21 12:55 AM

Pm sent
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/29/21 03:22 AM

Jeffbird
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/29/21 03:29 AM

What’s the question
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/29/21 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law
What’s the question

What’s proper sight alignment?
Posted By: soooo

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/29/21 01:39 PM

If you shoot light specials in a model 29 is it still the most powerful handgun in the world?
Posted By: JESmith

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/29/21 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by soooo
If you shoot light specials in a model 29 is it still the most powerful handgun in the world?

Nice Dirty Harry reference. up
Posted By: Dave Scott

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/30/21 04:22 PM

I do a 6 O'Clock hold. That means the bullet, in order to hit dead center in the bull, is going to strike the middle of the bull although the top of the front sight is on the bottom of the bull- if that makes sense.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/30/21 05:26 PM

Which is the best gun for self defense?
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/30/21 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

The one in your hand... up
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/30/21 06:40 PM

Subjective question however for me it's a Glock 19, 34 or Sig P365.
Posted By: SingleShot85

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/30/21 07:09 PM

How many clips should I carry confused2 roflmao
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/30/21 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

Subjective question however for me it's a Glock 19, 34 or Sig P365.

It was a tongue in cheek question. However, I like your choices.

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/31/21 02:23 PM

I like revolvers. This fellow co-worker of mine got into a gunfight with a Colt Gov't and stove-piped the first round. He is alive because the first shot did the job. IAE you can be hit, panicked, in bad shape etc. and still shoot a revolver. If the revolver has a 6" barrel you can also hit the target. With a revolver you can have flat nosed, hard hitting bullets, etc. *I've been in two situations, once with a revolver, once with a semi-auto. The revolver was a "Hog-leg" and there were two intruders who both stopped dead in their tracks when looking down the barrel (7 1/2"). The second home invasion had 5 perps and my semi-auto was so small they at first didn't see it and with smirks on their collective faces came right for me until one yelled "gun", they all whirled around so if I shot I'd hit them in the back and ran off.
In any event, I like revolvers a lot. 357 Magnum I believe has the shortest incapacitation time which is still long enough for anyone with a knife to close the distance. KEEP SHOOTING.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/31/21 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Scott
I like revolvers. This fellow co-worker of mine got into a gunfight with a Colt Gov't and stove-piped the first round. He is alive because the first shot did the job. IAE you can be hit, panicked, in bad shape etc. and still shoot a revolver. If the revolver has a 6" barrel you can also hit the target. With a revolver you can have flat nosed, hard hitting bullets, etc. *I've been in two situations, once with a revolver, once with a semi-auto. The revolver was a "Hog-leg" and there were two intruders who both stopped dead in their tracks when looking down the barrel (7 1/2"). The second home invasion had 5 perps and my semi-auto was so small they at first didn't see it and with smirks on their collective faces came right for me until one yelled "gun", they all whirled around so if I shot I'd hit them in the back and ran off.
In any event, I like revolvers a lot. 357 Magnum I believe has the shortest incapacitation time which is still long enough for anyone with a knife to close the distance. KEEP SHOOTING.

Damn Dirty Harry, where do live that you've had two home invasions and what auto were you using that they couldn't see it? A KelTec? I'll stick with my Glocks with 19+1 mags. You better be a damn good shot under stress if you only have a 6 shooter and 5 perps.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/31/21 02:35 PM

God, .45, and John Moses Browning.

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/31/21 02:40 PM

Royal- low rent district. Had to constantly watch my stuff. The semi-auto was an antique Colt pocket pistol but the same size as a lot of semi-autos. It was all I had at the time.

Re: Who’s our pistol guru? - 03/31/21 04:49 PM

Kroyal answered the question I had

Thx guys
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum