Texas Hunting Forum

Question about Sig P-320

Posted By: HWY_MAN

Question about Sig P-320 - 02/23/21 11:52 AM

After firing does the striker remain fully cocked or is a pull of the trigger required to complete the cocking cycle? Sig is being sued and they claim the pistol went off in the holster without being touched.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Question about Sig P-320 - 02/23/21 02:13 PM

Do you have a link ?
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Question about Sig P-320 - 02/23/21 02:24 PM

Marine vet ICE agent sues Sig Sauer for $10M claiming pistol shot him on its own

https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...10m-claiming-pistol-shot-him-on-its-own/
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Question about Sig P-320 - 02/23/21 03:14 PM

It’s single action only style. The striker is set by racking the slide, wether manually or after each shot.
Posted By: RJH1

Re: Question about Sig P-320 - 02/23/21 04:13 PM

I do not own or even like Sig 320, but that is some fuzzy sounding literature right there. By "preparing to fire" I'm going to take that as he was drawing his gun, and probably shot himself in the leg when he yanked the trigger. And that's considerably different than going off in the holster without being touched.
Posted By: 68A

Re: Question about Sig P-320 - 02/23/21 04:51 PM

Mine has been in and out of the safe, holster and rode in the center console for over a year and hasn’t gone off. The bullet entered his hip and exited lower thigh tells me he had his hand on the weapon and probably drawn. I’d bet he either got too quick with his finger or maybe it caught on a jacket and he’s possibly trying to seize an opportunity given the issue they had with the drop recall awhile back
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Question about Sig P-320 - 02/23/21 05:39 PM

I read a story where he was beginning to draw it out of a holster. Sure sounds like user error to me.
Posted By: ggarciatx

Re: Question about Sig P-320 - 02/24/21 09:04 PM

They ignored the civilian guns until the ND's started coming out. They had already redesigned it for the military contract, but again ignored the private market. SIG quietly replaced alot of Police guns with the updated models.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum