Texas Hunting Forum

How often/where do you carry?

Posted By: AMF

How often/where do you carry? - 10/17/20 08:53 PM

Saw the thread about the guy that went to Wally World and was confronted by the jackass about the mask. Got me to thinkin'.

Call it what you want (cautious, paranoid, etc.), I don't care. I put my pants on in the morning and hang a pistol on my hip before I hit the kitchen to let the dogs out and start the coffee. Even if I know I'm going to be home all day, I carry. When I go in my bathroom to shower, I take my pistol with me and lay it on a folded face cloth on the counter. If I leave the house, I have two spare mags on my belt.

Thank God, I have never had to so much as present, never mind deploy. But if it comes to it, I won't be thinking "Sheets, I don't have my pistol!"
Posted By: angus1956

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/17/20 09:00 PM

I won't be leaving the house without it from now on. Always have something in the truck, but needs to be on me.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/17/20 09:02 PM

I carry every day, everywhere I go.

I do not, however, wear a mask.

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/17/20 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by angus1956
I won't be leaving the house without it from now on. Always have something in the truck, but needs to be on me.

Yup. Ain't no time out in a hold up or assault. Complacency will get you smoked.
Posted By: CSA81

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/17/20 09:26 PM

I’m with fireman, my pistol provides all the protection I need.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/17/20 09:37 PM

I carry everywhere I can legally, I'm always armed. Even if I don't leave the house, there is always at least a pistol in my pocket.

I will say this though, since I got my LTC I have made it a point to always do my best to avoid physical confrontations, right or wrong. It is NOT because I'm scared, it's because it's too easy to lose your LTC over a fist fight. You can't instigate or throw gas the fire so to speak, at least that's what we were taught.
Posted By: mikei

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/17/20 10:33 PM

I carry everywhere I go, every time I leave the house. I also have a few surprises stashed in each room of the house. And in my truck. And in my work shop. And, skinnerback, you are absolutely correct: you need to learn to walk away from a confrontation unless/until you find yourself, your family, or your home in mortal danger. The responsibility that goes along with the LTC is that you become a more careful person in every thing you do, because the licensing folks will snatch the license for the smallest infraction.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/17/20 10:46 PM

Every day/everywhere
Posted By: presley

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/17/20 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by mikei
I carry everywhere I go, every time I leave the house. I also have a few surprises stashed in each room of the house. And in my truck. And in my work shop. And, skinnerback, you are absolutely correct: you need to learn to walk away from a confrontation unless/until you find yourself, your family, or your home in mortal danger. The responsibility that goes along with the LTC is that you become a more careful person in every thing you do, because the licensing folks will snatch the license for the smallest infraction.

Not to mention you will face a civil suit even if you are totally in the right and no criminal charges filed. Lots of money to defend yourself. Again even if it is a justified action.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/17/20 11:41 PM

I don’t carry often. Always in my truck but it has not become a habit yet to carry on my person very often.

Need to get a more compact pistol for easier carrying
Posted By: Greg

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
I don’t carry often. Always in my truck but it has not become a habit yet to carry on my person very often.

I was in that same boat. I never could find a great iwb holster where the gun didn’t dig in on my side... and I tried a lot of them. It had me only carrying part of the time which was eating at me. About 6 months back I went to a S&W Bodyguard pocket pistol and keep it in a soft sided “sticky” holster in my front pocket. Now I carry everywhere I go and often times forget it’s even in my pocket.
Posted By: 7o8

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 12:48 AM

I’m pretty much like the Aaron Lewis song “You'll never catch me out the house without my .9 or .45”.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 01:07 AM

I was this same way until the twins were born. It was always close per se but not on me.

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 01:18 AM

I'm going to do everything in my power/ability to de-escalate and/or retreat from a confrontation. You can call me a p@$$Y all you want, but when it's done, you can still call me. I don't want nothin' to do with a situation that might go south. But, if you get me backed up in a corner and make me think you're going to hurt me, I'm going to do my very best to prevent that. Ain't many people that think the world of me, but I damn sure do.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 01:22 AM

We (Police everywhere) would prefer if you left the pistol at home instead of in your truck if you aren’t going to carry it on your person.

Sincerely,

Cops killed by stolen firearms
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by BigPig

We (Police everywhere) would prefer if you left the pistol at home instead of in your truck if you aren’t going to carry it on your person.

Sincerely,

And I’ve had a pistol stolen before.

But I’m out in the country/ Rural properties all the time doing this and that and it’s not always practical to carry a full size pistol on me at all times
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 01:37 AM

Sincerely,

And I’ve had a pistol stolen before.

But I’m out in the country/ Rural properties all the time doing this and that and it’s not always practical to carry a full size pistol on me at all times

Carry appendix carry. I could carry my full size G34 competition fun with huge magwell and still not print.

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 01:39 AM

I carry everyday everywhere I go. Only time I don’t carry is if the business has it posted not to, and I don’t darken too many of their doors. Other times is it I’m going to have a drink or two. That’s a big no no.
Posted By: Greg

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by KRoyal

Carry appendix carry. I could carry my full size G34 competition fun with huge magwell and still not print.

That’s because you don’t have anything else there to get in the way roflmao

Lol hehe

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Greg

Lol hehe

2/10 Greg....

Lol Na that was pretty funny.

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Greg

Lol hehe

2/10 Greg....

Lol Na that was pretty funny.

I laughed, just sayin lol
Posted By: J.G.

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 02:45 AM

I carry everyday everywhere I go. Only time I don’t carry is if the business has it posted not to

Had several Police tell me to ignore a 30.06 sign. If discovered, just leave.

Then Texas passed new legislation basically making 30.06 signs worthless. A defense to prosecution is if the person carrying in a posted business immediately leaves. (Cliffsnotes) The offense would have been criminal trespass.
Posted By: erathar

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Every day/everywhere

Yep.

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG
I carry everyday everywhere I go. Only time I don’t carry is if the business has it posted not to

Then Texas passed new legislation basically making 30.06 signs worthless. A defense to prosecution is if the person carrying in a posted business immediately leaves. (Cliffsnotes) The offense would have been criminal trespass.

This ^^^

I tell everyone not to worry about the 30.06 signs because it’s better to have your gun and survive to see the court room then to be a dead victim. But your chances of being caught are very minor and if you conceal correctly then it should never be an issue

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG

This ^^^

I tell everyone not to worry about the 30.06 signs because it’s better to have your gun and survive to see the court room then to be a dead victim. But your chances of being caught are very minor and if you conceal correctly then it should never be an issue

Same. If i screw up and they see it that is one me. I will leave no issue. I do not even look for them anymore.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 04:11 AM

Every day, I even run and bike carrying. Only time I don't is working out in the garage, but its right next to my phone and music speaker
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 04:23 AM

I've had a shower gun for more than 30 years if that's any indication of my thoughts on the matter.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 12:36 PM

Every day in my pickup.
Posted By: RH422

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 04:30 PM

When I wake up it goes in my pocket until I put it on the night stand going to bed, everywhere except the post office, don't pay any attention to postings.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 07:58 PM

bang 70's after doing some slinger fastdraw @ the pit...
Pard & i drove inta town, pulled up ta local bar, on a dare
Eased inta the bar, have posted pic's of the two of us on here
First, made sure gun was empty, we played pool, listened ta jukebox, & drank beer...
popcorn no big thing... Even got ride home rofl from the cop with pistal on hip...
Granted things have changed...

Purchest a 9mm recently, Not for carry, rather ta plink, carried them 1911, M-60, & few other weapons...

Not calling ya paraniod, heck they called me muyloco caveman @ work for me hog hunten...
Carried slinger pital on hip, @ night, flash light off 1,100 acrer lease hog hunts...

confused2 what's your reason you feel the need ta carry ?
Asking for a friend...
flag
Posted By: jrgocards

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 10:12 PM

I recently received my LTC and have purchased a carry weapon.

I do have a question - what do you do with your pistol when you see a 30.06 sign at a business that you intend to enter?

JR
Posted By: Cast

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/18/20 10:15 PM

I open the door and tell them they just lost a customer and leave.
Posted By: jrgocards

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/19/20 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Cast

If you really wanted to hurt them - tell them one of your jokes and then leave!!

JR
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/19/20 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by jrgocards

I do have a question - what do you do with your pistol when you see a 30.06 sign at a business that you intend to enter?

JR

Walk in and ignore the sign. Concealed means concealed.
Posted By: GNTX

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/21/20 05:19 AM

All the time. Unless it’s one of the no-no locations. If it’s a 30.06 posting, I just don’t go in. They immediately lose my business. I find that the XD .45 with 14 pills at the ready fits IWB on my hip just fine. Just make sure my shirt is baggy around the waistline and try to wear patterns that will break up any print outline.

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/21/20 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by GNTX
All the time. Unless it’s one of the no-no locations. If it’s a 30.06 posting, I just don’t go in. They immediately lose my business. I find that the XD .45 with 14 pills at the ready fits IWB on my hip just fine. Just make sure my shirt is baggy around the waistline and try to wear patterns that will break up any print outline.

99% of these places wouldn’t even know you had a gun even if it’s “printing” because they have no idea what to look for. I never worry about the signs and tell others to not be concerned unless confronted by an employee and then just peacefully leave

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/21/20 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by wburke2010

JR

Walk in and ignore the sign. Concealed means concealed.

Yep.

Re: How often/where do you carry? - 10/21/20 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cast

If you really wanted to hurt them - tell them one of your jokes and then leave!!

JR

rofl
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum