Texas Hunting Forum

Urban Cowboy

Posted By: scottfromdallas

Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 12:37 AM

Buzz inspired me to become an urban cowboy like him.

After seeing his 44 magnum single action, I bought a Wiley Clapp Ruger Blackhawk convertible in 45 ACP and 45 LC. Just picked it up.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 12:41 AM

I’d shoot that.
Posted By: cbump

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 12:48 AM

That is sick
Posted By: Earl

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 12:57 AM

That's pretty cool. I've had birds head Ruger and Uberti .45 Colts...wish I had kept one. Will have to get another. They are the perfect gun for having on your side at the deer lease.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 01:25 AM

I like it.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 01:37 AM

Well, that's cool!

Black is always in fashion.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 01:52 AM

Like it
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 02:53 AM

Has Ruger just given up on putting a nice finish on their gun's.? It seems that a lot of their new gun's come with matte finishes. While some may like them that way,to me a revolver should always be stainless steel,high polished blued,or case colored.

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly
Has Ruger just given up on putting a nice finish on their gun's.? It seems that a lot of their new gun's come with matte finishes. While some may like them that way,to me a revolver should always be stainless steel,high polished blued,or case colored.

No. They have a lot of nice blued ones. This is special edition. It's a blend of some modern with slab sided barrel, unfluted cylinder, big dot site and matte black finish.

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by cbump
That is sick

Thanks, I wanted a single action as a kid. I can't believe it took me this long to buy one. I certainly have plenty of other handguns.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
I like it.

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 01:13 PM

I was shocked when I read how powerful the 45 LC is with +P ammo. The bird head grip will probably challenging if I try them.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 01:17 PM

If you reload for 45 Colt you will find it and a New Model Blackhawk can pretty much handle anything North America can throw at you. Congrats on your revolver. That thing will last several lifetimes.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

I was shocked when I read how powerful the 45 LC is with +P ammo. The bird head grip will probably challenging if I try them.

I Shoot 45 Colt exclusively in revolvers for this reason. It can be loaded cheap and mild for fun, or pushed all the way to bear loads in the Ruger.
Posted By: janie

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 01:29 PM

That is sa-weet! Congrat's on a fine revolver. I shot a friends Blackhawk chambered in 45LC. What a nice round.
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 01:50 PM

That's a great looking revolver.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Urban Cowboy - 05/29/20 02:21 PM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET !!!

we'll have to meet and break em in
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum