Texas Hunting Forum

The Tikka Brotherhood.......

Posted By: Jgraider

The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 12:41 AM

The One-Millionth Tikka T3x Rifle -The Firearm Blog
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/03/27/the-one-millionth-tikka-t3x/
Posted By: Shane431

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 12:43 AM

I have 5 of them! I really like them....
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 12:55 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: J.G.

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 01:42 AM

They shoot well.
The trigger is very good.
They cycle very smooth.

Excellent bang for the buck. And they are becoming Remington 700 killers. Remington has screwed up for as long or longer than Sako/ Tikka, and Sako/ Tikka has done a great job. People speak with their money.
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 01:54 AM

Buzz should be around shortly with his disapproval.

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

Well, Buzz is a money waster on firearms, so who cares what he thinks?
Posted By: crash700

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG
They shoot well.
The trigger is very good.
They cycle very smooth.

Excellent bang for the buck. And they are becoming Remington 700 killers. Remington has screwed up for as long or longer than Sako/ Tikka, and Sako/ Tikka has done a great job. People speak with their money.

I agree with FiremanJG, Remington has kicked out some junk and seems to refuse to correct their problems.

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 02:14 AM

So if we told him it was a new custom rifle maker and listed it for $4000, he would buy it?
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 02:20 AM

So if we told him it was a new custom rifle maker and listed it for $4000, he would buy it?

Yea exactly

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by KRoyal

Yea exactly

Yes
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 03:01 AM

I have a T1X I’ll sell Buzz for $$$$$.
Posted By: glocker17

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 03:55 AM

270 WSM did surprise me. I didn't think that many would be made in that caliber.
Posted By: Scott W

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 01:20 PM

Chad turned me on to Tikkas when I wanted to get something bigger than my Browning abolt .243 I think was 2010 or so. I got a .300wm and fell in love. Now have a CTR and plan to get a T1x next. I’ve recommended tikkas to many people I hunt with and know of at least 4 others that I should’ve received a commission on.

Each of my kids first bolt actions will be tikkas,

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 01:45 PM

The new T3X UPR looks great so do the new Lightweight Veil models.

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 01:58 PM

Been shooting Tikkas over 20 years now, and don't plan to stop. They are superb, no frills rifles that work.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Scott W
Chad turned me on to Tikkas when I wanted to get something bigger than my Browning abolt .243 I think was 2010 or so. I got a .300wm and fell in love. Now have a CTR and plan to get a T1x next. I’ve recommended tikkas to many people I hunt with and know of at least 4 others that I should’ve received a commission on.

What bullet are you shooting? 215berger?
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 04:57 PM

Here I am......

Ya'll sound more like the VORTEX Brotherhood troll

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 04:58 PM

just glad I got money to waste
Posted By: Scott W

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by Scott W

What bullet are you shooting? 215berger?

180 SST but I hope to have Chad load up something heavier moving forward.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/28/20 10:37 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
They're great. Accuracy is there year after year for me. The CTR in .308 (I painted the stock) has been # 1 in my line up for four years and has stacked up a pile of hogs, deer and some coyotes. This rifle gets used hard and delivers. Once a year or so I shoot paper and the tight group is still there. The T3X in 6.5 got a Bell and Carslon stock and High Desert Rifle Works bottom metal. I upgraded it, the rifle itself was cheap, now not so much but like the CTR it holds accuracy and has the same great trigger. I've bought some rifles, they didn't shoot to my satisfaction and I sold them. I'll be keeping these. Great hunting hardware.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 01:32 AM

And they are becoming Remington 700 killers.

Wake me when they've caught up with the record 5 million Model 700's that Remington has sold worldwide.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 02:29 AM

popcorn
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan

Wake me when they've caught up with the record 5 million Model 700's that Remington has sold worldwide.

Yep.

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Yep.

double yep
Posted By: DStroud

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 03:19 AM

It would be interesting to know how much market share Remington has these days.
I think I got that 270 WSM Tikka......never mind saw the date mine is older......
got it for a build but it just shoots too good to mess with.
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 04:10 AM

just a matter of time.
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 04:12 AM

I got my T3 07\08 about 2yrs ago. I have a 700 mountain rifle but I love the T3.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 12:44 PM

Remington has made the 700's for 58 years, Tikka has made the T3's for 17. Comparing numbers of total sales really isn't a relevant argument. Remington has a 41 year head start, so even if Tikka outsells them every year they won't catch Remington's total numbers in my lifetime. I would be interested to see the annual sales of each for the past 5-10 years and look at the trend.
For the record, I'm still a fan of the older 700's and I also love the Tikka rifles. I only have one Tikka right now that I bought when they first hit the shelves here, but I will buy another one at some point.
Tikka rifles are like the 6.5 Creedmoor, some people hate them just for the sake of hating them.

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Yep.

double yep

Come on fellers. Taco Bell sold a lot of crappy tacos over the years but Taco Casa is way better.

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 12:58 PM

Who gives a crap? They rested on their laurels and it bit them in the azz. A better design came along, simple as that. "Its the way we've always done it" argument is for the weak minded.

Weak Rem 700 extractor, Tikka put in a better one.
90° bolt throw, Tikka made a 70°
Remington 700 triggers so bad they've accidentally killed people. Tikka made a nice user adjustable trigger.

Preach that Rem 700 holier than thou to someone else. And there is no waking you up, you're always going to be a moron that throws U.S. flags in the trash.
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Grizz

Tikka rifles are like the 6.5 Creedmoor, some people hate them just for the sake of hating them.

You must be talking about Captain Creedmor (aka Judd).
peep
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 05:15 PM

Too any options on the market for any one of them to catch Remington. Tikka, Browning, Bergara, Savage, and many other notable mfgs, and then you get boutique brands like Seekins, Kimber, Dakota, Christensen all cannibalizing sales.

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 05:33 PM

Who gives a crap? They rested on their laurels and it bit them in the azz. A better design came along, simple as that. "Its the way we've always done it" argument is for the weak minded.

Remington 700 triggers so bad they've accidentally killed people. Tikka made a nice user adjustable trigger.

Preach that Rem 700 holier than thou to someone else. And there is no waking you up, you're always going to be a moron that throws U.S. flags in the trash.

Don't dare confuse these clowns with the facts FJG. Any idiot, except for trashcan Dan (as usual) gets it.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Too any options on the market for any one of them to catch Remington. Tikka, Browning, Bergara, Savage, and many other notable mfgs, and then you get boutique brands like Seekins, Kimber, Dakota, Christensen all cannibalizing sales.

The popularity of specific brands and models can be easily exaggerated when small pockets of followers band together to slap one another on the back in forums such as this.

For those interested in what models were actually the most popular during 2019...

Link

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 06:23 PM

The popularity of specific brands and models can be easily exaggerated when small pockets of followers band together to slap one another on the back in forums such as this.

For those interested in what models were actually the most popular during 2019...

Link

Hey Dumbasss Dan, the Tikka article was about the 1,000,000th Tikka made, not what the bestseller list is.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 08:33 PM

So if someone showed up to take your class with their "junky" Remington 700 .308, instead of teaching them what they came to learn and paid for, you would dog them the whole time about their rifle/cartridge/optics?

The Remington 700, even with its faults, has taken more four legged animals (Remington 700) and two legged enemies (Remington 700, M24/M24A1/M24A2/M24A3/M2010, M40/M40A1/M40A3/M40A5) than the Tikka ever will.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 08:37 PM

What’s the longest OAL you can use on LA?
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by LeonCarr

So if someone showed up to take your class with their "junky" Remington 700 .308, instead of teaching them what they came to learn and paid for, you would dog them the whole time about their rifle/cartridge/optics?

The Remington 700, even with its faults, has taken more four legged animals (Remington 700) and two legged enemies (Remington 700, M24/M24A1/M24A2/M24A3/M2010, M40/M40A1/M40A3/M40A5) than the Tikka ever will.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

I took his class a long time ago with a 308 gas gun, back when he hated gas guns. He didn’t dog me about my gun or my caliber.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 08:57 PM

I’m glad I accidentally bought my first Tikka while they still relatively unheard of here. If I hadn’t, I’d likely be one of the hard headed bastards arguing against them. Although at this point I don’t even know what can compete with them in that price range. Not just accuracy, but the whole package.

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 09:28 PM

Tikkas and anything Creedmoor suks offtopic

So I guess our 2nd amendment fight is over..........

Apparently guns DO kill people confused2 Yes, I'm now confused, oh wait it was a trigger that killed ok, I'm clear now eeks333

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 10:44 PM

Jason would not dog a customer for showing up to his class with a Remington. It's not a Tikka only class. You guys are going overboard with the Remington love. You guys should start a Remington brotherhood thread.
Posted By: P_102

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/29/20 10:54 PM

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

And I took it with a Rem. 700, not a word was said.

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/30/20 01:26 AM

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

Not at all. Seen as cheap as it gets to as expensive as it gets come to my place. And I will help anyone with anything they brought with them. And I do not appreciate the insinuation that I would do such a thing.

Once again, March 25, 2020, it is not the best money spent, something better came along almost 20 years ago. And in the same time, the beloved Rem 700 has declined in quality.

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/30/20 01:30 AM

Oh, and my built 7 Rem Mag is on a Rem 700 LH action. It is wearing a Timney trigger, because the factory one was absolute junk. I have no plans of getting rid of the action, but I sure would like a 60° or 70° bolt throw, and a better extractor. Plus, I keep meaning to TIG weld the bolt handle to the bolt BEFORE it breaks Remington's epoxy.

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/30/20 01:58 AM

These threads are so fun!!!

Learn something new everyday!!

JG got forearms of a Titan and keeps ripping bolt handles off!!! Also learned Tikka makes better triggers then Timney and Jewell

I don’t have a dog in this fight other then to give The Fireman some ribbing, but if you buy a Tikka, check out our very own https://www.redsnake-tactical.com.

Redsnake a great dude!!

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/30/20 02:05 AM

JG got forearms of a Titan and keeps ripping bolt handles off!!! Also learned Tikka makes better triggers then Timney and Jewell

I don’t have a dog in this fight other then to give The Fireman some ribbing, but if you buy a Tikka, check out our very own https://www.redsnake-tactical.com.

Redsnake a great dude!!

Ever seen a case get stuck in the action because the hand loader neck sized only? I have.

Ever seen that man have to stomp on that bolt handle, with a boot, to get his action open? I have.

Ever seen a Rem 700 handle come off in the middle of July, in a 12 shot string in 90 seconds? I have.

Where do you think Red was introduced to all this? But on day one, hour one, he and Jake showed up with unmodified Tikka T-3's wearing Trijicon 3-9X Mil dot scopes, and Chad's bulk ammo. Amd we spent all day pure holding them to 800 yards. And now, Red is in with both feet, and up to his neck.

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/30/20 02:27 AM

Redsnake a great dude!!

Ever seen a case get stuck in the action because the hand loader neck sized only? I have. (hand loaders fault)

Ever seen that man have to stomp on that bolt handle, with a boot, to get his action open? I have. (should of greased the lugs, it’s a best practice:)

Ever seen a Rem 700 handle come off in the middle of July, in a 12 shot string in 90 seconds? I have. (no I don’t know any one to that fitness level)

Where do you think Red was introduced to all this? But on day one, hour one, he and Jake showed up with unmodified Tikka T-3's wearing Trijicon 3-9X Mil dot scopes, and Chad's bulk ammo. Amd we spent all day pure holding them to 800 yards. And now, Red is in with both feet, and up to his neck.

Red’s going to be a venture capitalist some day, made some smart moves on certain market segments. Cool to see some thing go from A-Z that quick to fix an market issue...... pretty cool stuff
Posted By: patriot07

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/30/20 03:14 AM

Tikka is popular for the same reason the RPR is popular. Great performance and no need to replace anything immediately, right out of the box.

The 700 has gone backwards in popularity for three reasons:

1 - poor quality products
2 - mediocre customer service
3 - dated product designs as the industry & market evolved

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/30/20 04:00 AM

Yall make me want to go buy another Remington 700 popcorn
Posted By: wp75169

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/30/20 05:05 AM

That in itself proves the point.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/30/20 05:07 AM

Sweet! Can you find me an old Sendero or even a CDL? Thanks Buzz! You’re alright buddy! up
Posted By: ccoker

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/30/20 05:10 PM

love mine..
bought my first one over 10 years ago, I grew up with Sakos being the gold standard for hunting rifles

308 CTR 16" I did 2 years ago

7mag I did in December

[Linked Image]

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/30/20 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by ccoker
love mine..
bought my first one over 10 years ago, I grew up with Sakos being the gold standard for hunting rifles

308 CTR 16" I did 2 years ago

7mag I did in December

[Linked Image]

HUmmmmmmmm

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/30/20 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog

Sweet! Can you find me an old Sendero or even a CDL? Thanks Buzz! You’re alright buddy! up

I saw a 7mm Sendero with Swarovski scope, may come for sale here, NICE rig !!!
Posted By: jhunter77

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/30/20 06:46 PM

I have a few different makes of rifles, from Remington 700 to Tikka T3, even a Mossberg 4x4 and a TC Compass in calibers from 6.5 Creedmoor to 7mm

The Tikkas and the TC (yes the cheapest TC on the market) are by far my go to rifles both are smooth as glass and hit where and whatever I'm aiming at.I have glass from a old fixed 4 power to the "latest and greatest" Vortex Viper PST G2 3x15x44.

On paper my Tikkas and TC were the smoothest shooting rifles I've ever bought. The triggers are crisp, the broke over with ease and the actions are no joke. My daughter (16) hunts deer with my Tikka 270 and handles it well. We've never had to look for a deer even 8 years ago when she shot her first deer the recoil, is less than the 700 I have in 270. IMO Tikka is a great rifle. That being said I'm not going to get rid of my other guns and oh rely on the Tikka but I can't say anything negative either.
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 03/30/20 10:55 PM

Redsnake a great dude!!

Ever seen a case get stuck in the action because the hand loader neck sized only? I have. (hand loaders fault)

Ever seen that man have to stomp on that bolt handle, with a boot, to get his action open? I have. (should of greased the lugs, it’s a best practice:)

Ever seen a Rem 700 handle come off in the middle of July, in a 12 shot string in 90 seconds? I have. (no I don’t know any one to that fitness level)

Red’s going to be a venture capitalist some day, made some smart moves on certain market segments. Cool to see some thing go from A-Z that quick to fix an market issue...... pretty cool stuff

Yep. That was the day where I passed the point of no return!

Posted By: Roughneck913

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/01/20 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by DStroud
It would be interesting to know how much market share Remington has these days.
I think I got that 270 WSM Tikka......never mind saw the date mine is older......
got it for a build but it just shoots too good to mess with.

I work for a pretty large retailer and I'd educated guesstimate we sell Tikka over Remington 5:1 or so. Now that being said, we are pretty adamant about not selling junk, so we hardly stock Remington lol...

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/02/20 04:06 PM

6.5 PRC
[Linked Image]

7-08
[Linked Image]

T1X 22LR
[Linked Image]

6.5 Creedmoor
[Linked Image]

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/02/20 05:36 PM

wish the sold barreled actions

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/02/20 06:24 PM

Would have sold me a small fortune. I could afford one of those high dollar scopes!

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/02/20 08:00 PM

wish the sold barreled actions

Don’t weaken. Just like the sun rising in the East, we expect you to be our Tikka hater.
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/02/20 09:26 PM

Nice rifles, Shaner! What are the specs on this one? Barrel length and contour too.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/02/20 09:49 PM

Shaner, which bolt-handle is that on most of them, the angled with the flat end?

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/02/20 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
Nice rifles, Shaner! What are the specs on this one? Barrel length and contour too.

[Linked Image]

It’s just a stock Tikka T3X 6.5 creedmoor. Had it chopped down to 20” and threaded. It’s in a McMillan Game Hunter stock, Lumley carbon fiber/titanium bolt handle and a Mtn Tact trigger spring. Also triad tactical stock pack

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/02/20 10:48 PM

Shaner, which bolt-handle is that on most of them, the angled with the flat end?

Lumley carbon fiber/titanium bolt handle. I really like these.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/02/20 11:52 PM

my only issue with the Tikka was the narrow loading port, which I have heard has since been opened up.

I haven't been around one in about 5 or 6 years, but I know they are popular.

Seems like a good rifle packed with a lot of value, like Sako's answer to a Vanguard.

The ones I handled all had excellent triggers out of the box.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/04/20 06:42 PM

Anybody ever own or shoot one of the earlier Ithaca imports? Handled several back in the day but I was into early Rugers then USRAC Winchesters at the time and passed on what was available in "Cuckoo Bird" guns at the time...the X%$# magazine's now cost what the NIB rifle sold for back then. My first Tikka was bought during the BP Shop closeout of the 1st Rihimaaki built in the 500 & 600 series built guns in a 695 Hunter Grade. I got the last 270 in the BP system shipped in from the Miami store's front end display, and looked just like the one on the cover the Tikka catalog of that year. More accurate than I expected but too heavy for my taste. Years later I put one of my buddies onto the Academy closeout, who had repped Ithaca at one time and loved the earlier guns, and he picked up a 695 30'06 Deluxe Grade on a steal of a deal and got the last one before I could get back over there. I've wondered if he'll leave me that gun in his Will, but he'll prolly have it put in the box with him when he pass's. Gotta be post 70 and pushing 80 or better like all of my old lease partners to understand that "humor" .
I've had a couple of the current Rihimaaki built guns, got a T3 Hunter Grade 6.5x55 right now, and trust them to perform as promised any time I can get one. Gonna start looking for older "shooter" condition SAKO's, or USRAC & FN Carolina built M70's again at bargain prices if possible though.
Ron

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/05/20 06:25 PM

Got my stock back from Joe Ducos, stock doctor, today. He does great work! Highly recommend him for a built in cheek riser. This is just a CTR 6.5 creedmoor 20” in a McMillan Game Hunter. Sad thing is I haven’t even shot this gun yet!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/05/20 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Shaner
Got my stock back from Joe Ducos, stock doctor, today. He does great work! Highly recommend him for a built in cheek riser. This is just a CTR 6.5 creedmoor 20” in a McMillan Game Hunter. Sad thing is I haven’t even shot this gun yet!

[Linked Image]

Joe has installed cheek risers on 3 of my stocks. His services are probably worth 3x what he charges. I'll be sending another stock to him pretty soon.

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/05/20 06:40 PM

hows the Ninja cooker work?

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/05/20 07:58 PM

It’s a torcher device my wife uses at 6:00 AM to wake me up to make smoothies or something...... it’s eviler than Carole Baskin!

Re: The Tikka Brotherhood....... - 04/05/20 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Shaner

It’s a torcher device my wife uses at 6:00 AM to wake me up to make smoothies or something...... it’s eviler than Carole Baskin!

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum