Texas Hunting Forum

Buyer Beware

Posted By: The Dude Abides

Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 09:29 PM

Gouging already taking place in the Trading Post. Do you home work and research before buying.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Gouging already taking place in the Trading Post. Do you home work and research before buying.

9mm ammo? Saw one last night or this morning.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 09:42 PM

Saddle up...the rodeo is back in town.... rofl
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Saddle up...the rodeo is back in town.... rofl

Yep, let the goofiness begin.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 09:50 PM

I knew it was coming

I’m gonna check it and see how bad it is
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by procraft05
I knew it was coming

He doubled the normal price.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by procraft05
I knew it was coming

He doubled the normal price.

What’s he selling?

I jumped to the guns but I’m grilling at the moment

Nothing jumped out at me.

I’ll check back later this evening when I have more time
Posted By: jlsbassman

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 10:11 PM

9mm been selling under $200 a 1000 doesn’t jump to $350 over night.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 10:20 PM

Not sure I would call it gouging. Its not exactly something you have to have. And Its not the same world we lived in a week ago either. Last weeks price of $9 per box is over for the foreseeable future.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 10:22 PM

And I saw some rifle ammo a couple of days ago on here that was double what it can be bought for anywhere right now. roflmao
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by jlsbassman

It was $149 w/free shipping a week ago. I hope he doesn't even own a 9mm and has to suck the loss.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by JCB
Not sure I would call it gouging. Its not exactly something you have to have. And Its not the same world we lived in a week ago either. Last weeks price of $9 per box is over for the foreseeable future.

I just put some .380 on there for less than retail. Not everyone looks to make a buck in a time of need.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by JCB

I just put some .380 on there for less than retail. Not everyone looks to make a buck in a time of need.

That's my point.....ammo is not a "need".

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by JCB
Originally Posted by JCB

I guess you don't "need" your guns either? One won't work without the other.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by JCB
Originally Posted by JCB

I guess you don't "need" your guns either?

Nope. Plenty of people all across the globe that survive without guns and ammo. For the first 18 years of my life I survived without either one.

Food, water, shelter, clothing, and in some cases meds and medical supplies are "needs".

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 11:41 PM

I only survived 8 yrs before my first gun. Been uphill ever since. You may not one but you better have one.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 11:46 PM

He who walks through paradise unarmed, had best be sure that's where he is.
Posted By: fgdn

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/18/20 11:57 PM

nice

signature worthy

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by fgdn

nice

signature worthy

Words of wisdom....

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 12:14 AM

I don't disagree. Heck I started carrying a gun with me yesterday for the first time in over a year. I use to never leave home without it. Things changed quickly though and we aint seen the worst of it either.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 12:24 AM

I’d tread lightly. I do not agree with what he’s doing, and is why I posted earlier in this thread, but bringing it up in his for sale thread can get you banned.
Having said that, I’m loving that thread!!!

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 01:01 AM

Wonder why that thread got deleted?
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 01:08 AM

Texas Gun Trader prices are straight up stupid. Was just at Academy buying some wood to smoke prop shoulders and they’re limiting to 3 boxes total. That said, the ammo isle looked totally wiped out but there were 20 guys looking.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 01:12 AM

LOL. roflmao

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by unclebubba

LOL. roflmao

I guess it works sometimes.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 01:17 AM

Hey,m I'm all for capitalism and free enterprise but take that "bending someone over" crap some place else.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 01:22 AM

I’m about to post 1000 rounds or AP BT M85559451 strait from us military for $750 per 1000 it anyone is interested.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 01:24 AM

Hey,m I'm all for capitalism and free enterprise but take that "bending someone over" crap some place else.

It’s not capitalism to reap the benefits of a disaster. Capitalism is creating a ground breaking product in normal times and selling it for profit.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 01:25 AM

You can only charge what someone is willing to pay.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by KRoyal
I’m about to post 1000 rounds or AP BT M85559451 strait from us military for $750 per 1000 it anyone is interested.

Sounds like a deal. I have what your looking for. I know a guy.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 01:57 AM

Most of us are grown men/women, so we know a lousy or slimy deal when we see it. I just don't see a need for a posse to explain to other people that some ammo is way overpriced. I see guns for sale here that are priced way, way past reality. We leave them alone based on the rules here.

A more effective approach might be to remember their actions. On this site, reputation is everything. If a person chooses to ruin their reputation, that's on them. Think of how many of us (yes, ME too) still refuse to deal with Cheaper than Dirt after all of these years.

Respectfully,
Marc
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 02:16 AM

Here we go again. Same conversation every time. Righteous indignation from the altruistic, confusion regarding extortion and capitalism by the apologists.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 02:19 AM

If
Originally Posted by Marc K
Most of us are grown men/women, so we know a lousy or slimy deal when we see it. I just don't see a need for a posse to explain to other people that some ammo is way overpriced. I see guns for sale here that are priced way, way past reality. We leave them alone based on the rules here.

A more effective approach might be to remember their actions. On this site, reputation is everything. If a person chooses to ruin their reputation, that's on them. Think of how many of us (yes, ME too) still refuse to deal with Cheaper than Dirt after all of these years.

Respectfully,
Marc

Sometimes it’s just funny to see how people react. Some of us never grow up. I’m trying.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 02:25 AM

His name is added to my very short list of people who I won't buy anything from and who I won't sell anything to.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 02:58 AM

Respectfully,
Marc

Excellent post Sir. Hit the nail on the head cheers
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 03:01 AM

Momma said . . . . . so I won’t say nuthin at all
Posted By: WT_Foxtrot

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 03:01 AM

Personally been loading up on super cheap ammo and added quite a few firearms in the last three years since Trump got elected....like historically cheap, less than I paid in the '90s not even counting inflation, like the actual price. Totally stocked now knowing something like this would happen. I mean, not even counting the corona, but with the upcoming election with one side crowing about taking guns. Been through this enough times to know when to buy.
Posted By: Alan D

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 06:49 AM

Are Pmags going for $80 again? I’ll sell some lol
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 12:55 PM

I’ve bought and/or sold very few things here. That said, I don’t see the problem.
If someone wants to puta value on something they own, it’s their business. If I don’t like the price, I move on.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by TexFlip
You can only charge what someone is willing to pay.

Yep. Free market = willing seller and willing buyer.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 02:03 PM

Respectfully,
Marc

I agree...I also use my ignore feature. If I have someone on ignore it isn't because they hurt my feeling or upset me it's because they are a tool and it's a good reminder to my future self to steer clear of that douchebag!

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Judd

Respectfully,
Marc

I agree...I also use my ignore feature. If I have someone on ignore it isn't because they hurt my feeling or upset me it's because they are a tool and it's a good reminder to my future self to steer clear of that douchebag!

Can you see this post?

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 02:35 PM

Could someone tell me what KR Hathcock said? rofl

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 02:37 PM

Richard...
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 05:26 PM

9mm was .18 per round

Now "starting" at .38 per round

that's gouging NOT Capitalism, NOT supply and demand

Just Richards, Like the guy who almost got tarred and feathered for buying up all the hand sanitizer and gouging, He thought he was smart TILL he was found.....just sayin

hanged

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 05:31 PM

Respectfully,
Marc

Can you see this post?

rofl
Posted By: jbd76266

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 06:21 PM

https://www.natchezss.com/checkout/cart/

218 shipped at natchezz, limit 1 for anyone looking...delayed delivery

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 06:22 PM

Richard...

roflmao

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 06:24 PM

His ad is back up but now for $300. Claims he paid $250.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/19/20 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by LFD2037

im going to leave it alone i think. i did post a link to natchez having the exact same ammo in stock right now @$200.00. Every other gun sales page im apart of would let you post a link to that in his thread, but i dont think that'll be as well recieved here. hopefully people see my link to natchez and ignore him.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 12:03 AM

Just a friendly suggestion....

peep

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Tff caribou

im going to leave it alone i think. i did post a link to natchez having the exact same ammo in stock right now @$200.00. Every other gun sales page im apart of would let you post a link to that in his thread, but i dont think that'll be as well recieved here. hopefully people see my link to natchez and ignore him.

up

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 01:10 AM

which is BS. you wouldnt overpay for something, hoping you could then mark it up. people who pay 250 for 1000 rounds of fmj know its worth $170-$200 and are buying it because of percieved need. you would never pay that price and hope to flip it.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 01:36 AM

Why is it worth that much time for $50 anyway? Goodness, go get a normal job and create value rather than just buying for a buck and selling for two.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by patriot07
Why is it worth that much time for $50 anyway? Goodness, go get a normal job and create value rather than just buying for a buck and selling for two.

Really?? What do you think distributors and retailers do?? Hint: they buy from manufacturers and resell for more money. Literally millions of people in this country do exactly this for a living, including me.
Posted By: SR025

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Adchunts
Originally Posted by patriot07

Really?? What do you think distributors and retailers do?? Hint: they buy from manufacturers and resell for more money. Literally millions of people in this country do exactly this for a living, including me.

but not just one case
Posted By: Eastwood

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 02:22 PM

What's price gouging today, might be a smoking deal in a month. How is this price gouging? He's not selling overpriced food to staving people. If you waited till now to buy ammo after years of historically low prices, then you should pay the going rate. Supply and demand.
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 02:45 PM

Respectfully,
Marc

Take me off ignore if you want your bolt

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Eastwood
What's price gouging today, might be a smoking deal in a month. How is this price gouging? He's not selling overpriced food to staving people. If you waited till now to buy ammo after years of historically low prices, then you should pay the going rate. Supply and demand.

Just because it doesnt meet the legal definition of price gouging punishable by law, that doesnt make it right. and hes not selling at the going rate. going rate right now is $.20 cpr. If he wanted to list it on armslist, or texasguntrader or something, i would care as much. But the THF is more of a community than those places, and it is a scummy thing to do. Scummy people should be called out. Thats how people stop being scummy.
Posted By: MikeU

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 06:10 PM

Richard...

roflmao

smile ani

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 07:47 PM

We got another bargain in the classifieds!

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 08:09 PM

OK I got a question for the price police.

I have several boxes of 20 gauge slugs I have been meaning to sell for awhile now but there hasn't been any demand so it hasn't been worth my time. Looks like the going price "was" about $5+ when they could still be found. Today they are all sold out everywhere I look online. So is it wrong for me to ask full retail of $5 per box for pre owned ammo? Im not making a dime at that price but its dang sure more than pre owned ammo was worth a week ago.

Serious question because I really am going to sell it.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by David Maas

Respectfully,
Marc

Take me off ignore if you want your bolt

Shockingly...you’re not on that list grin

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 09:47 PM

You guys better get to work. Lots of “overpriced” ammo out in internet land. Someone’s gotta be the sheriff:

https://ammunitionstore.com/product...i-blazer-brass-5200-1000-round-case.html

https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/1000rds-9mm-wolf-115gr-fmj-ammo
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 10:27 PM

An item is worth as much as the purchaser is willing to pay for it.

On September 11th 2001 I bet you could have sold a $600 parachute for a few million dollars to the right person at the right place.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/20/20 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by blkt2

On September 11th 2001 I bet you could have sold a $600 parachute for a few million dollars to the right person at the right place.

Poor, distasteful example.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/21/20 12:16 AM

You guys better get to work. Lots of “overpriced” ammo out in internet land. Someone’s gotta be the sheriff:

https://ammunitionstore.com/product...i-blazer-brass-5200-1000-round-case.html

https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/1000rds-9mm-wolf-115gr-fmj-ammo

Couldn’t care less what a business does. I do care when people come into a smaller community like the THF and try to do that. If somebody wants to buy expensive ammo or ARs, that’s up to them, but I atleast want to make sure they understand they are paying too much. Shortly after the Newtown shooting, my dad who hadn’t bought ammo in years decided he needed to stock up on a few boxes. He had zero idea what the ammo was worth, he walked into a local gun store and paid $50 a brick for .22 and $35 a box for 9mm fmj. If somebody would have told him in that shop, hey by the way, this is way more than it’s worth, he would have thought twice.
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/21/20 01:03 AM

X2
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/21/20 01:19 AM

I'm not politically correct and never will be. I'm also pretty darn it offencive. That example was also intended to be hyperbole.

I have to say that I'm not real pleased with a member of our community treating other members in this fashion. We're friends here, save the high prices for the chumps
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/21/20 01:24 AM

It’s one thing for someone to offer it. And another to ask it knowing the situation. There’s no shortage just a bunch of idiots creating false panic.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/21/20 01:53 AM

They’re coming out of the wood work tonight in the classifieds.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/21/20 01:59 AM

Hell even I may be able to sell something this weekend.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/21/20 02:00 AM

Wouldn’t mind selling a glock for 3500
Posted By: DeRico

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/21/20 09:34 PM

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/859313683

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/861400152

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/861684693

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/21/20 11:06 PM

Can't really fault the guys selling the PMags...they started them at a penny.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/21/20 11:11 PM

Yea and that’s really not that bad either they’re $12.80 on midway or were last week. With current bid at $13.70 I wouldn’t say that is gouging and as you said they started at 1 penny.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/21/20 11:35 PM

Yeah I realized after doing some 3rd grade math that they're about on point for price, the colt though...

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/22/20 12:38 AM

That's what i did after Sandy Hook, let the market drive the price. Zero reserve, penny start, most sold in the $60-75 range.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/22/20 12:41 AM

That's what i did after Sandy Hook, let the market drive the price. Zero reserve, penny start, most sold in the $60-75 range.

Didn’t one of your case of 100 pmags sell for 5k after sandy hook?

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/22/20 12:57 AM

Didn’t one of your case of 100 pmags sell for 5k after sandy hook?
o

peep

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/22/20 01:35 AM

The dude w/the Glocks now has a p365 for $900. I bought one a few months ago for $348 delivered + $15 for FFL transfer. His username is 'soap' & yet he's very dirty.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/22/20 01:37 AM

The dude w/the Glocks now has a p365 for $900. I bought one a few months ago for $348 delivered + $15 for FFL transfer. His username is 'soap' & yet he's very dirty.

They never learn.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/22/20 02:35 AM

Same here...sold a metric ton of PMags along with stripped receivers, SCAR 16 and SCAR 17 rifles. Buyers drove the price up.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/22/20 02:38 AM

He won't sell them on here that's for sure. Spread the word on that dude.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/22/20 02:52 AM

There’s a guy on the fishing forum selling 223 for 900 a 1000.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/22/20 04:31 AM

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/862454754

Same package deal with one more mag.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/22/20 03:40 PM

So let me make sure I understand the THF perspective:

1. Perfectly OK to sell something at an exorbitant price if the “market drives the price up” even if it is a “necessity” such as a firearm or ammo.

2. THF’ers are too stupid to price check things in the classifieds, so we have to look out for the imbeciles.

3. People that sell items that the THF collective determines are too high in price are perfectly OK to call out and shame, despite the clear THF rules to the contrary.

Did I miss anything??
Posted By: jsteve

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/22/20 05:36 PM

1. Perfectly OK to sell something at an exorbitant price if the “market drives the price up” even if it is a “necessity” such as a firearm or ammo.

2. THF’ers are too stupid to price check things in the classifieds, so we have to look out for the imbeciles.

3. People that sell items that the THF collective determines are too high in price are perfectly OK to call out and shame, despite the clear THF rules to the contrary.

Did I miss anything??

You easily observed that too, huh? Then obviously rules only apply to some. Way ta go!

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/22/20 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by jsteve

Did I miss anything??

You easily observed that too, huh? Then obviously rules only apply to some. Way ta go!

Y'all ever heard of the invisible hand?

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/22/20 10:50 PM

Im really surprised that hi-cap magazines haven't sold out everywhere by now. I am sure they have at local stores but still available online with little to no mark up.

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/23/20 03:33 PM

PSA has their prices sky high right now.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/cci-5200-9mm-115-grain-1000-round-bulk-pack-cc5000bk1000.html

used to be $179.99 beginning of the year.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Buyer Beware - 03/23/20 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by DeRico
PSA has their prices sky high right now.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/cci-5200-9mm-115-grain-1000-round-bulk-pack-cc5000bk1000.html

used to be $179.99 beginning of the year.

From a business standpoint, it makes sense. They either have to jack up prices, or they're going to be a business with no product.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum