Texas Hunting Forum

Linear Comp

Posted By: AP2714

Linear Comp - 02/19/20 02:24 PM

Has anyone used or have experience with this slr comp? Curious if it's mainly for looks or does it actually work? I'm currently using a vg6 epsilon with no issues, but debating one of these for a pistol build.

https://slrrifleworks.com/synergy-linear-hybrid-comp-5-56-223-1-2x28/
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Linear Comp - 02/19/20 02:49 PM

Idk about the one you posted, but I’ve heard nothing but great reviews on the one you currently have.

Re: Linear Comp - 02/19/20 03:23 PM

The vg6 epsilon is great and I'll continue to use it on my 16" and 18" builds. For my pistol build, I'm looking for something to perform like the vg6, but push the blast forward.
Posted By: TX0303

Re: Linear Comp - 02/19/20 05:05 PM

Not that particular one, but I have linear comps on two of my rifles. One is a Kaw Valley, which is basically an empty can with a holed end cap. It works ok as it should. On my 6.5 Creed, I have a JAL linear comp, which is a machined product and it works very well at reducing concussion. The one you linked has a central baffle structure which is interesting and may work well.
Posted By: texjitter

Re: Linear Comp - 02/19/20 05:15 PM

I ran the KAW Valley one also on my 12" 6.5 Grendel build and it worked pretty good, especially for the price
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Linear Comp - 02/19/20 05:26 PM

My brother's rifle got the kaw valley one on a kreiger barreled ar10. It can shoot an honestly 1/3ish moa at 300 so I don't think almost decent should effect accuracy if that's why mean by "works." In terms of actual compensation in terms of reduced felt recoil, this felt made no difference vs a thread protector but it's a heavy ar10 with a 20" barrel shooting 6.5cm so it just feels like nothing.
Posted By: 9x19

Re: Linear Comp - 02/20/20 03:01 AM

I run linear comps on every AR I own... I have no info on the one you linked, but the five different brands* I do own all work to do what you're wanting... direct the flash and blast down range.

* I have:
DPMS
Simple Threaded Devices
S & J Hardware
Kaw Valley Precision
Tacbro

Re: Linear Comp - 02/20/20 03:42 AM

Thanks to all for the suggestions.
Posted By: crash700

Re: Linear Comp - 02/23/20 04:08 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but are the linear comps supposed to reduce recoil or just redirect the blast forward ?
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Linear Comp - 02/23/20 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by crash700
Pardon my ignorance, but are the linear comps supposed to reduce recoil or just redirect the blast forward ?

I don't think they do much for recoil but they do help with blast.

Re: Linear Comp - 02/26/20 02:15 PM

I found another that looks interesting. Goes over muzzle break.

http://www.indiancreekdesigninc.com/prp

Of course if I wasn't impatient, I'd apply for a suppressor..lol
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Linear Comp - 02/26/20 03:11 PM

Linear comps will increase your Felt recoil I.e. the shock wave is more pronounced and directed along the chassis of the weapon.

I had a 458 Socom that would kill a night vision optics power every other shot or sometimes on the first shot. I switch from the linear comp to a 3 baffle (concussion style to the side - limits muzzle flip) and I could shoot all day and not knockout the scope power.

I love linear comps on medium and small calibers and choose wisely on heavy calibers depending on what I’m after
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Linear Comp - 02/26/20 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

I don't think they do much for recoil but they do help with blast.

Yeah, given the physics involved, the affect on recoil should be nil.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum