Texas Hunting Forum

Ultimate AR15

Posted By: jrfan

Ultimate AR15 - 02/17/20 08:15 PM

Just out of curiosity...If you had unlimited funds and wanted to build an "ultimate" AR15 in .223/5.56 as just an all around shooter. Meaning, no specific purpose, i.e. long range, hunting, etc but just a shooter. What components would you choose? I am not so much interested in grips, stocks and what not, but the uppers/lowers and their parts as well as gas systems and barrels.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/17/20 08:19 PM

Wilson Combat
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/17/20 08:35 PM

I think LaRue Is selling an Ultimate AR-15...
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/17/20 09:43 PM

If I were putting my money toward a nice rifle, it would be the Daniel Defense DDM4V7 PRO.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/17/20 09:57 PM

Seekins,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SR025

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/17/20 09:58 PM

Knights armament
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/17/20 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan
Wilson Combat

What he said. Read up on their product, how they machine (wire EDM), barrels, accuracy guarantee.....
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/17/20 10:53 PM

Battle - Knights Armament

Cool and Bad A$$ and best for hunting in my opinion- Wilson Combat

Bad A$$ especially at competition and accuracy - JP Precision

Honorable Mention- Geiselle Super Duty
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/17/20 10:55 PM

JP. The end.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/17/20 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law
Battle - Knights Armament

Cool and Bad A$$ and best for hunting in my opinion- Wilson Combat

Bad A$$ especially at competition and accuracy - JP Precision

Honorable Mention- Geiselle Super Duty

Pretty solid list right there.

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/17/20 11:19 PM

So here is a little back story...my BIL wants to BUILD his first AR. He is not necessarily looking for a factory weapon. With that said, if you could build the AR of your dreams, what direction would you go in??
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/17/20 11:23 PM

JP or Wilson
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/18/20 12:16 AM

WC
Posted By: Earl

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/18/20 01:42 AM

Builds ONLY work (in my opinion) if you are dead set on definitely keeping the gun. If you EVER want to sell or trade, a build (ie parts gun) isn't going to be worth the sum of it's parts and no one will want it compared to a factory Colt, BCM, DD, Noveske, Larue, Seekins, LWRC, LMT, KAC, WC, etc.

The only "build" I'd personally consider is a damn good one (the best) and that is a Larue Ultimate Upper on a Larue lower. I have one of these myself in 7.62x51 and love it.

You laid a hypothetical of funds not an issue - so I would not even consider anything other than one of the above factory guns or a Larue Ultimate build.

Earl
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/18/20 01:52 AM

Or, build it out of 100% Wilson Combat supplied components. Then you could call it a build, but it would be 100% WC.
Posted By: RJH1

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/18/20 02:32 AM

JP and i would have them build that 5.56 in.....................................................................................................

Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/18/20 02:36 AM

For me, LWRC IC-A5 is the ultimate.
Posted By: texjitter

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/18/20 02:48 AM

I’ve built alot of ARs from most of the major manufacturers, but if i were ever after a “dream” AR it would probably be anything from Radian Weapons. I’d agree with everyone else that resell value on a parts gun is pretty poor even when using all premium stuff but building it is half the fun!

https://www.radianweapons.com/rifle

But you asked for parts so here’s a few nicer ones that haven’t been mentioned:

-Geissele Receivers
-Geissele MK8 handguard
-Proof carbon fiber barrel
-Geissele SD-E trigger
-Santan Tactical Receivers
-Triarc has some cool stuff also

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/18/20 03:16 PM

Thanks for the input, exactly what I was looking for. I do not think resale is an issue, its partly why he wants to build it, so it can be built exactly how he wants it and not have to swap parts that he has already paid for.
Posted By: Misfire

Re: Ultimate AR15 - 02/18/20 06:50 PM

For me, the “Ultimate” would be an AR from Andrew Brady/Lone Star Armory. They machine all of their receivers, in house, from solid blocks, right here in Fort Worth. They profile their barrels in house too. I’m pretty sure you can buy a matched receiver set from them if you want to “roll your own.”

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum