Texas Hunting Forum

Model Numbers, Remington

Posted By: fishdfly

Model Numbers, Remington - 02/12/20 06:10 PM

In the late 1960's my Father's cabin was broken into and 13 guns were stolen.

Two of them were Remington's, one rifle and one shotgun. I have considered replacing them.

Rifle was a .22 auto.. You removed the loading rod from the butt and dropped the shells into a side slot on the right side of the stock. It kicked out the shells out the bottom of the rifle. Very similar to Browning 22 rifles of today. I killed my first alligator with that rifle, would like another one. Most likely made in the 1950's.

The other was a Remington, 12 gauge. It looked like the Browning square back of yesterdays. I killed my one and only Hooded Merganser with it.

What are the model numbers, if you know them.

Have a money and a quest to find one of each.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Model Numbers, Remington - 02/12/20 06:15 PM

The shotgun is probably a Model 11. Not sure about the .22 off the top of my head though.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Model Numbers, Remington - 02/12/20 06:16 PM

here it is
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: Model Numbers, Remington - 02/12/20 06:36 PM

Remington model 241 (built off of browning patent)
My father passed one on to me. We loved it growing up.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Model Numbers, Remington - 02/12/20 08:17 PM

Yup, Remington Model 11 and 24 were made off the Browning patents.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Model Numbers, Remington - 02/12/20 08:31 PM

The Model 24 would later be replaced with the Model 241 which had a slightly larger receiver, heavier stock and forearm, and longer barrel.

Some have called the Model 24 "gallery guns" because of their popular use in shooting galleries at carnivals.

I have one of each, the Model 24 being one my grandfather purchased in the 1930's. The Model 241 I have only shoots shorts and has been used to knock countless raccoons out of trees. When loaded with CB's, it's no louder than a pellet gun.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum