Texas Hunting Forum

Handgun competitions

Posted By: Wburke2010

Handgun competitions - 01/01/20 10:20 PM

I want to start doing more handgun shooting but just going to the range isn’t my thing. Where in the metroplex does some decent competition that someone new could get in on.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Handgun competitions - 01/01/20 10:25 PM

There is one once a month at north Texas shooters association in Sanger. I’ve been to a few of them and they’re nice guys and helpful. I’ve been wanting to do the same thing and would meet you at a couple.
Posted By: Misfire

Re: Handgun competitions - 01/01/20 10:41 PM

I believe Triple C/North Texas Multi-gun in Cresson has a pistol division at their monthly steel match.

Posted By: RJH1

Re: Handgun competitions - 01/01/20 10:51 PM

I have shot a couple of matches at cresson. Seems to be a nice range etc. Only shot bigger matches there though, idk how their monthly stuff is run
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Handgun competitions - 01/01/20 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal
There is one once a month at north Texas shooters association in Sanger. I’ve been to a few of them and they’re nice guys and helpful. I’ve been wanting to do the same thing and would meet you at a couple.

these matches are great. i would join in
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Handgun competitions - 01/01/20 11:08 PM

What kind of match should I be looking for. I will be shooting a stock Glock. Looking for something to get more practice with a handgun and not just shoot paper at the range
Posted By: RJH1

Re: Handgun competitions - 01/01/20 11:12 PM

USPSA
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Handgun competitions - 01/01/20 11:22 PM

ETTS in Waxahatchie has matches
Posted By: Misfire

Re: Handgun competitions - 01/01/20 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tactical Cowboy
ETTS in Waxahatchie has matches

Great people, place and matches..

Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Handgun competitions - 01/01/20 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by wburke2010
What kind of match should I be looking for. I will be shooting a stock Glock. Looking for something to get more practice with a handgun and not just shoot paper at the range

USPSA or IDPA for more defensive shooting type. There are some matches in White Wright for both types.
Posted By: 3x8

Re: Handgun competitions - 01/02/20 07:34 PM

Jacob's plain gun club in Greenville has match 214 592 6068
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum