Texas Hunting Forum

Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC?

Posted By: Kevin1

Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/04/19 09:44 PM

I have many pistols, but I only carry a G26 or a Kahr CM9.
Now I’m thinking of setting up my G19 Gen5 MOS for conceal carry. I would add an RMR, suppressor night sights and a light.
It won’t be a match against a rifle, but it will probably be more suitable than a G26 or CM9.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/04/19 09:57 PM

I carry my Ruger PC-9 in the truck with 2 Glock 30 round mags as my backup.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/04/19 10:00 PM

On foot, in public I only have 6 rounds of .45 ACP, in an XDs.

In my truck, well that's a completely different story.

I'm rolling around going to a 9mm, just for the sake of mag capacity. But this XDs rides on my belt every day, and causes no trouble in my daily life.
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/04/19 10:01 PM

For me, the purpose of a carry pistol is to protect myself and my loved ones. I am not a police officer, so that influences my weapon choice. Most concealed weapons are for close range. Now, if I was in a mall or wal-mart and heard shooting would I seek cover and try to save others? Dont want to hypothesize. Carrying concealed is always a balance between concealment & capacity and long range. We each have to make the best decision we can. My 2 cents, spend it wisely. Pray for those afected by the shootings.
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/04/19 10:08 PM

I'll never replace my P365. I've been through a bunch of EDC pistols. Some I replaced for extra capacity. Some I replaced for a smaller gun that I wouldn't be tempted to leave at home for a quick run to the store. The P365 checks all those boxes for me, so I carry it with confidence, every single time I leave the house.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/04/19 10:13 PM

I’m not planning to run towards a mass shooter to neutralize him. But at the same time, I feel like if someone is shooting at me with a rifle, the RMR can extend the range and accuracy of my pistol.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/04/19 11:20 PM

you need to put a LOT of time shooting with an RMR or any red dot on a pistol.. for up close stuff they slow most people way down as they are trying to "find the dot"
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/04/19 11:21 PM

I thought about this question a few years ago. What is the smallest pistol I could carry, but still be effective as a defensive weapon. The answer for me was a Glock 23 in 40 cal. It is a very shootable pistol, controllable, and accurate. I used to carry a Kahr PM40, which was too small and not as controllable, with a small magazine. I also carry an extra magazine with me for the Glock. You may never need the extra mag, but the irony of ME running out of ammo would be an irony I could never live with.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/04/19 11:25 PM

Something to think about on the RMR or the small holographic sights. There are several shooters I know that ran these in competition. One comp we had some moisture, some small mist. Several of the pistol shooters running those optics could not shoot because moisture got on the lens and would refract the red display into many different red dots and images. Research this. It is a great optic in ideal conditions, but certainly not for me for a defensive pistol.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/04/19 11:29 PM

Nope. G19 here.

I’ve seen enough people shoot to not be afraid of someone that is shooting up the Walmart....
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/04/19 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'll never replace my P365. I've been through a bunch of EDC pistols. Some I replaced for extra capacity. Some I replaced for a smaller gun that I wouldn't be tempted to leave at home for a quick run to the store. The P365 checks all those boxes for me, so I carry it with confidence, every single time I leave the house.

Same here! Love the 365!
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/04/19 11:45 PM

Yes. I love my .32 Seecamp, but I’ve moved up to a 9mm Dan Wesson Valkyrie.
Posted By: TKM

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/04/19 11:51 PM

"You may never need the extra mag, but the irony of ME running out of ammo would be an irony I could never live with."

Lol, that would be hard.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 12:32 AM

Nighthawk Heine Lady Hawk .45 ACP. Almost feels ghey saying that. But she'll get the job done.

Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by fouzman
Nighthawk Heine Lady Hawk .45 ACP. Almost feels ghey saying that. But she'll get the job done.

Surely not as ghey as saying "nerodia rhombifer" rofl
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 12:51 AM

in a mass shooting. you fire at the perp and all 30/ 55gr fmjs are coning your way. your 365 will do nothing so be prepared to die. on the good side you may give the sheep more time to get the heck out of there.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
in a mass shooting. you fire at the perp and all 30/ 55gr fmjs are coning your way. your 365 will do nothing so be prepared to die. on the good side you may give the sheep more time to get the heck out of there.

Why would you assume that you shooting the perp would not stop him/her. You’re contributing to the IGNORANCE that it’s an evil weapon and can’t be defeated. It has 30 rounds to your 16-20. Must be evil. This is the second time I’ve saw this on here in two days from two different people. “You can’t defeat him, he has an assault rifle”. [censored] ignorance!
Posted By: Chickenman

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG

Same. Which holster and belt?

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 01:10 AM

Yeah... I’ve seen people shoot. Most can’t hit the broad side of a barn.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Chickenman

Holster made by Matt ("East"), clips made by me out of aluminum. Belt is the latest fairly heavy duty leather one I'm wearing.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by wp75169

Why would you assume that you shooting the perp would not stop him/her. You’re contributing to the IGNORANCE that it’s an evil weapon and can’t be defeated. It has 30 rounds to your 16-20. Must be evil. This is the second time I’ve saw this on here in two days from two different people. “You can’t defeat him, he has an assault rifle”. [censored] ignorance!

good luck to you if you try to take on a rifle with a pop gun across a mall courtyard, ignorance is on you, i said, if you would read the post, "you fire AT the perp. not shooting the perp. idiot, welcome the dead hero wp75169
Posted By: Chickenman

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 01:52 AM

Holster made by Matt ("East"), clips made by me out of aluminum. Belt is the latest fairly heavy duty leather one I'm wearing.

Nice. I have two FFR holsters and wear a rigger belt or a 1.5" thick Columbia belt.

Despite the weight of the gun, I find it to be a PITA to carry and because of the printing.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 02:09 AM

good luck to you if you try to take on a rifle with a pop gun across a mall courtyard, ignorance is on you, i said, if you would read the post, "you fire AT the perp. not shooting the perp. idiot, welcome the dead hero wp75169

Guess we’re looking at it differently. I wouldn't stand at the other end of a football field firing my pistol at someone with a rifle. Walmart is not a coliseum or something. Continue with your evil black gun theory and I’ll hold my own council though.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 02:15 AM

When I first moved to TX I went from a G23 to a G42 for the weight and size savings--- I still carry the G42 with +2 on the mags when it is just me running around town in shorts/t-shirt or other attire where printing might be an issue.

For longer trips or when I'm with family I'm carrying a G19 gen 5 now. I have EDC holsters for w/ or w/o my TLR1HL. Factory length mag in the gun and G17+4 available either on me or nearby. Also allows me to use my duty mags interchangeably.

As for the decision to engage against an active shooter- lots of factors are play and folks need to be honest with themselves on their skills and abilities. However- the numbers show that the majority of mass shooters don't intend to escape alive and most actually die by their own hand once they are engaged. The quicker they are engaged the quicker they are to go out like the cowardly bastards they really are. Knowing that certainly plays into my decision making.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 02:30 AM

I’m not engaging the rifle at anything beyond 50-60 feet unless he is engaging me. I’m looking to protect myself first and foremost. If I start shooting, nobody knows if I’m a GGWAG or another perp. Not only do I instantly become his target if I shoot at him, I become a target for any LEO or anybody else w a gun. Now, if he within 10-15 yards and I have a good shot and am very likely to be shot at momentarily, I am most definitely shooting at him.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 02:35 AM

Nice. I have two FFR holsters and wear a rigger belt or a 1.5" thick Columbia belt.

Despite the weight of the gun, I find it to be a PITA to carry and because of the printing.

I have a couple things to say about that:

1: you’re carrying in the wrong position. Sometimes certain body types don’t favor to certain positions
2: the holster sucks for the position you wish to carry. Been there, done that, got the t shirt.
3: you’re over-analyzing the printing. A gun that small shouldn’t ever be noticed by someone who isn’t LOOKING for it. FWIW My g19 slightly prints, but I’m not too worried about it. Most people aren’t looking for it anyway. I’m not a big guy by any means, either.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 02:36 AM

Yall ever hear of three hundred and sixty degrees? Half of that is one hundred and eighty degrees, of which is behind him.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 02:41 AM

Yall ever hear of three hundred and sixty degrees? Half of that is one hundred and eighty degrees, of which is behind him.

“But we live in a 360° world, man”—all the timmies at their first 3gun match roflmao

But yeah, I agree with Judge Roy Bean and FJG
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 03:20 AM

Wouldn’t say it changes my daily carry. Maybe the frequency of where I carry. I have a bad habit of a quick run and leave it at home or in the car.

Weather dictates more than anything. I need to find a better holster as I am like most probably a better shot with a bigger gun. Fully comfortable with my micro 9, 43, shield, but none of which have a fighting chance in a gun fight capacity wise.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 03:28 AM

Entertaining...

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 03:44 AM

I read an article a few month ago stating that for most shooters an RMR is slower than iron sights.
I had posted the below thread and got some interesting feedback.
https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/rmr-is-slower-than-iron-sights-for-ccw-for-most-shooters.1762250/
There are some good videos as well.

I’m still on the fence. With suppressor high sights, you don’t have to worry about finding your dot. The fog on the glass can happen, but apparently is very rare. If that happens, you can still use your gun at short distance (point and shoot). The increased accuracy and increased range with an RMR are appealing though.
Posted By: tcr2

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 03:47 AM

Glock 26 or 19. Speer Gold Dots LE 115 gr. No changes planned.
Was in Wally World sat and employee who knows I carry asked if I heard about El Paso shooting and am i carrying.
When i left I saw him again as I was leaving I said " good luck you're on your own now."
That's the way it would be with an active shooter. A multi day pistol training course or more than one is a good idea for anyone who has a license to carry. Prepare to be humbled. https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/pistol-vs-rifle-not-uneven-think/amp/

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin1
With suppressor high sights, you don’t have to worry about finding your dot.

Yes. The only other issue with those tall sights, are the sights fitting inside your holster. I have some Dawson sights that the front sights will not fit inside a normal holster. The suppressor sights would certainly not fit. You'd have to make sure they would fit, though.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 03:49 AM

I read an article a few month ago stating that for most shooters an RMR is slower than iron sights.
I had posted the below thread and got some interesting feedback.
https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/rmr-is-slower-than-iron-sights-for-ccw-for-most-shooters.1762250/
There are some good videos as well.

I’m still on the fence. With suppressor high sights, you don’t have to worry about finding your dot. The fog on the glass can happen, but apparently is very rare. If that happens, you can still use your gun at short distance (point and shoot). The increased accuracy and increased range with an RMR are appealing though.

As a guy with a lot of time behind a dot I’ll say this:

I’m slower on the draw with a dot.
The dot definitely tells you where you were aiming when the shot went off.
It takes quite awhile to get used to tracking the dot for follow up shots.
I shoot one a lot in competition, but my carry gun has irons.
Posted By: RJH1

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 04:41 AM

No, I am not
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 05:21 AM

Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 05:29 AM

I think your best chances are probably not having a gunfight. Planning for a gunfight is probably the wrong idea. You should be thinking more along the lines of an ambush. Total surprise, bullet in the back of the head kind of deal. Maybe take out their feet from under a table and empty the rest of the mag in the torso when they fall. That is what guys that do stuff like this deserve anyway, haha i guess that kinda does make it fair. But your best chances to pull that off are with something small and inconspicuous.

A carbine in the truck is more of an L.A. riot scenario.

If there is more than one or you are trying to get your family out instead of take a bad guy out, again not a firefight. Think break contact, lay down suppressive fire until they escape and then run like hell. But that takes good ammo capacity.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
With suppressor high sights, you don’t have to worry about finding your dot.

Yes. The only other issue with those tall sights, are the sights fitting inside your holster. I have some Dawson sights that the front sights will not fit inside a normal holster. The suppressor sights would certainly not fit. You'd have to make sure they would fit, though.

These days, my favorite holster is the LightTuck from Vedder.
I’ll probably not go the RMR route. I’ll end up just carrying the G19 with a TLR7 light and standard height sights.

But I can ask Vedder to get a holster for the G19+RMR cut+ TLR7+suppressor sights to have that option later on. I don’t see any downside with that even if I never mount an RMR/suppressor sights.
https://www.vedderholsters.com/f-a-q/

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 01:13 PM

Guess we’re looking at it differently. I wouldn't stand at the other end of a football field firing my pistol at someone with a rifle. Walmart is not a coliseum or something. Continue with your evil black gun theory and I’ll hold my own council though.

yes, I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. I was at the Frisco Field-house yesterday for a friends grandsons basketball game. This place is packed with families ALL DAY. a perfect soft target. They had ONE armed guard. I had my mighty, 6 shot, .38+P revo in my pocket. As we walked in , I told my girlfriend, if someone started shooting, get on the ground, I would cover her till I could figure out what I could do to help stop it if anything. the WORST part about it......they have both 30.06 and 30.07 signs posted at the entrance.....STUPID !!!!!! But to see the way some of the 40 year old coaches acted about their 8 year olds games....jeez, get a grip guys.
As we left, I thanked the security guy for being there to do what he could to help all the patrons.

I LOVE the AR, Its a great gun and I will always defend it. I own 2 myself.

Whats sad, my girlfriend is a liberal, she does respect guns and gun ownership though. Here is a typical conversation we had yesterday on the way to the games. I said "do you know what a Hi-Capacity magazine is? she said "no". I said "there ya go" this is a typical Liberal response, they dont know what they are talking about.

wp75169....sorry , I called you an idiot. Not needed on here.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 02:03 PM

I can’t believe all the shooters stopped with handguns, crazy stuff.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 03:09 PM

I was at HomeDepot on Saturday afternoon and had my P365 IWB, concealed.. there was a guy open carrying a 1911.. I thought to myself I am just as capable of dealing with a close range threat as he is and I am not making myself a target.
Seriously, if you were hell bent on mass murder and walked into a place and saw a guy open carry, who would you take out first?
I support the right to do it but think it is a bad idea personally.

I think people need to take getting some real training more seriously..
I fought it for a long time because "I grew up hunting and shooting"
Defensive training can be an eye opener for sure.

Shooting at distance with a handgun beyond what most people do is something to work on, also got to remember you are responsible for every bullet that leaves your gun.. even if you are trying to stop a bad guy, you hit someone else and your life is screwed.
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 04:12 PM

The one reason I like open carry is it is easier to keep a very capable pistol handy. That said too bad carrying a short carbine would draw too much attention.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by rickt300
The one reason I like open carry is it is easier to keep a very capable pistol handy. That said too bad carrying a short carbine would draw too much attention.

yep

[Linked Image]

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 04:59 PM

I’m thinking 16” AR-10 is the ticket. Who cares if they notice.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by ccoker

Shooting at distance with a handgun beyond what most people do is something to work on, also got to remember you are responsible for every bullet that leaves your gun.. even if you are trying to stop a bad guy, you hit someone else and your life is screwed.

Our local range does a CMP bullseye match. The match is 10 slow fire freestyle, 10 slow fire left hand, 10 rounds slow fire right hand, and 10 rounds "rapid" fire freestyle. All at 25 yards on a B8 (I believe) target. It is a amazing how many rounds are fired into the ground in front of the targets, and all around the targets, and how few hit the black of the target. Now that is only 25 yards and 0 time pressure, even in the "rapid' fire portion. I think it would behoove everyone who carries a pistol to shoot some of these matches. While it is not really a "defensive" type event, it can be a real eye opener for people to understand their own and their equipment limitations. The other plus is it is an event that you can shoot by yourself and get the same basic benefits.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 06:09 PM

I believe Bullseye is shot one handed, from a sideways stance, often with a 22. Yes, it is shooting, which is great. But for more "real life" tactical shooting or practice for CC, it's hard to beat IDPA, or even an IPSC match. I shot IDPA for years and is what got me into competition shooting. IPDA does have some strange reload guidelines, but the general principal of drawing from concealment, shooting on the move, shooting from cover, and scored on A and B zone hits is good practice. Speaking of, I need to go shoot some more IDPA matches!!

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 06:28 PM

I believe Bullseye is shot one handed, from a sideways stance, often with a 22. Yes, it is shooting, which is great. But for more "real life" tactical shooting or practice for CC, it's hard to beat IDPA, or even an IPSC match. I shot IDPA for years and is what got me into competition shooting. IPDA does have some strange reload guidelines, but the general principal of drawing from concealment, shooting on the move, shooting from cover, and scored on A and B zone hits is good practice. Speaking of, I need to go shoot some more IDPA matches!!

Some of the bullseye pistol matches are that way, but the CMP "as issued pistol course" is specifically what i am talking about, and is shot the way i described. The local club allows most any pistol though. I shoot USPSA a lot (A class in my best division) and there is a bunch of the "us or them" mentality in the action vs. bullseye type shooting, however both can learn from each other. And they are not mutually exclusive. I have seen action type shooters that have hell at bullseye and seen bullseye shooters that are painfully slow at USPSA. But when you are good at both, then things really begin open up for you.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 06:29 PM

Buzz, just a few short years ago, a Garland officer defeated not one, but two dimwits, both armed with AR rifles. That cop was using a 9mm pistol. You'r comment is just asinine.
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 07:56 PM

I was at HomeDepot on Saturday afternoon and had my P365 IWB, concealed.. there was a guy open carrying a 1911.. I thought to myself I am just as capable of dealing with a close range threat as he is and I am not making myself a target.
Seriously, if you were hell bent on mass murder and walked into a place and saw a guy open carry, who would you take out first?

I would prefer the guy engaged me first than have him murdering the unarmed. That said the win goes to gets a round on target first. Inside 75 yards I can do it with my 1911 easily. Open carry doesn't always mean obviously noticable either. Some of the concealed carry methods people use are practically open carry in their own right.
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 08:02 PM

There was a shooting in Dayton, Ohio recently and the shooter was 'neutralized' in less that one minute.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 08:45 PM

I would prefer the guy engaged me first than have him murdering the unarmed. That said the win goes to gets a round on target first. Inside 75 yards I can do it with my 1911 easily. Open carry doesn't always mean obviously noticable either. Some of the concealed carry methods people use are practically open carry in their own right.

yeah, I hear you, I can make a hit center mass on a torso sized target with a 1911, not hard, with it stationary and not shooting at me..

At church, I select my seat carefully and have though through the scenarios

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/05/19 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba

Why would you assume that you shooting the perp would not stop him/her. You�re contributing to the IGNORANCE that it�s an evil weapon and can�t be defeated. It has 30 rounds to your 16-20. Must be evil. This is the second time I�ve saw this on here in two days from two different people. �You can�t defeat him, he has an assault rifle�. [censored] ignorance!

Buzz, just a few short years ago, a Garland officer defeated not one, but two dimwits, both armed with AR rifles. That cop was using a 9mm pistol. You'r comment is just asinine.

check yourself homie. i live next door to an ex garland cop. he said it was swat sniper-fire who defeated the perps. it was kept confidential for obvious reasons. you're like all liberals who love their fake news

lots of keyboard "Marshall Dillon's" everywhere who own guns and cant shoot them for Chit.....especially when being shot AT...truth hurts

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 01:31 AM

I just ordered:

One light:
Streamlight 69420 TLR-7

One holster:
LightTuck™ Kydex IWB
(Gun Manufacturer: Glock, Glock Model: Glock 19, 23, 32 w/ TLR-7 (Gen 3, 4, 5), RMR/Red Dot Optic: Yes, Color: Black, Hand Orientation: Right Hand Draw, Clip Size: Fits belts up to 1.5")

Larger pants (511 Apex): Because after coming back from vacation I’m fatter than before cheers

I can start carrying the G19 with just a light, and down the road decide if I want to put an RMR/Suppressor night sights on it.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 01:54 AM

lots of keyboard "Marshall Dillon's" everywhere who own guns and cant shoot them for Chit.....especially when being shot AT...truth hurts

there is definitely truth to this..
we may like think we know how we will respond but until you are put in that situation you don't really know..

Even doing a little competition like IPSC, IDPA, 3-Gun will raise your stress level and adrenaline and people choke all the time when something goes slightly wrong.. how many times have you seen someone freeze for 3 seconds because of a malfunction, even just running out of ammo and it goes to slid lock, there is a "oh, what is wrong?" few seconds then they snap and "oh [censored]!!" reload.

Enough time to get shot that is for sure

The lease manager at our deer lease was telling me last year about some of the clients who can shoot on the range fine but put a deer in front of them at 75 yards, even "just a doe" and their adrenaline gets the best of them and they miss or make bad shots..

Training to MOVE, seek cover, when being yelled at with gun fire all around you stresses people out..

I know a guy that is one of a few selected to carry at the school, he just got back from a DPS multi day training course.

First thing they did was have them draw and shoot at like 7 yards.

"ok, reload, run 30 yards come back and do it again"

Their groups were not even remotely as good.

What about having your pistol on the ground, drop, pick it up and shoot one handed at close range fast.
Now, do it with your weak hand.
Now, do it with the gun laying so you have to flip it over before you can pick it up and shoot it.
This is simulating you getting shot in your strong hand / arm and dropping your gun

How about holding off a man sized target with your weak hand, drawing, firing from the hip into it's admonen, push off and fire more shots?

How many CHL guys can pass the FBI qualifier test first time out ?

And as an instructor buddy told me once "the best way to win a gun fight is to not get shot"

Posted By: PKnTX

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 02:01 AM

No change.
Feel sure enough about it I bought another of same for my wife.
She handles it better than her original choice.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 02:03 AM

there is definitely truth to this..
we may like think we know how we will respond but until you are put in that situation you don't really know..

Even doing a little competition like IPSC, IDPA, 3-Gun will raise your stress level and adrenaline and people choke all the time when something goes slightly wrong.. how many times have you seen someone freeze for 3 seconds because of a malfunction, even just running out of ammo and it goes to slid lock, there is a "oh, what is wrong?" few seconds then they snap and "oh [censored]!!" reload.

Enough time to get shot that is for sure

The lease manager at our deer lease was telling me last year about some of the clients who can shoot on the range fine but put a deer in front of them at 75 yards, even "just a doe" and their adrenaline gets the best of them and they miss or make bad shots..

Training to MOVE, seek cover, when being yelled at with gun fire all around you stresses people out..

I know a guy that is one of a few selected to carry at the school, he just got back from a DPS multi day training course.

First thing they did was have them draw and shoot at like 7 yards.

"ok, reload, run 30 yards come back and do it again"

Their groups were not even remotely as good.

What about having your pistol on the ground, drop, pick it up and shoot one handed at close range fast.
Now, do it with your weak hand.
Now, do it with the gun laying so you have to flip it over before you can pick it up and shoot it.
This is simulating you getting shot in your strong hand / arm and dropping your gun

How about holding off a man sized target with your weak hand, drawing, firing from the hip into it's admonen, push off and fire more shots?

How many CHL guys can pass the FBI qualifier test first time out ?

And as an instructor buddy told me once "the best way to win a gun fight is to not get shot"

^^And this is what separates the Shooters from the novices. And it applies to any type of firearm.

Last year at the long range match, there was one stage that required speed and precision at the same time. The prairie dog behind the pendulum at 300 yards. Chad and I had an audience. I heard lots of "holy chit that was fast!" And all impacts, no misses, for each of us.

Tens of thousands of rounds fired gets one there. And I am not that level with a pistol. I know what it takes to get there, and it is up to me to make it happen.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 02:09 AM

Regardless of knowing or not how I will react in a stressful situation
I will not put myself in a situation where I wish I had a firearm and don’t.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 02:14 AM

https://youtu.be/jbxr_4twWGE

https://youtu.be/Uw-R0I1LduU

Yeah... not that scared.
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 02:15 AM

Marsha Dillo, who in the world is that??
Posted By: Earl

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 02:17 AM

If it's fall or winter I may be carrying my Colt 1911 Gunsite CCO .45 which is much more accurate and has (for me) much better effective range than my normal carry gun a 9mm Glock 43. I always carry a spare mag also.

But regardless of what I might be carrying, my main purpose for doing so is to protect myself and family. If I can achieve that without using my weapon, I will. If there is gunfire me and my family will go in the opposite direction to safety. I'm not combat or LEO trained. I'm a hunter and a shooter, not a trained soldier or lawman. If I can get me and mine to safety without confronting a gunman, that is what I will do. The CCW is for when all other options are gone and its us or him and he's between me and safety. If I was trained, maybe I'd do different but I'm not. My first priority is to my family to see them to safety and to be there for them. Trying to do anything more than that could get me or them killed. I'll be 56 this month. My hearing and eyesight aren't what they were when I was a young man and they won't be equal to that of an active shooter who almost always is under 30, nor will my reflexes. I'd fight like a caged dog if someone was about to harm my family or in our line of egress or attempting to harm us while doing so - but I won't look for a fight. I'm honest enough to know I'm too old, too slow, and too untrained to confront a young man with a rifle with my defensive pistol. That's a recipe for a big insurance payday for the wife and me not seeing any grandkids.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 02:22 AM

I’m with Earl.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 03:17 AM

I have no desire to go looking to be a hero

I don’t claim to be an expert, far from it

Just pointing out some of the stuff classes put you through

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 03:28 AM

great feedback guys.

how about put a balloon (preferably helium) on a string on a breezy day, irons at 50 yards or whatever distance you feel the bad guy with an AR with a 100 round maggie would be. draw your handgun and pop it.

oh yea, the balloon is tied to an RC car zig zaggin everywhere.

oh yea, your buddy is popping you with a paintball gun confused2
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 04:47 AM

“At church, I select my seat carefully and have though through the scenarios”

Ain’t that just sad when you think about it? What a jacked world we’re jn
Posted By: TKM

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 05:17 AM

Anyone ever trained with stress vest and associated bands that put enough electricity in you to put you on the ground? You can be put in scenarios
where you lose control of an arm.
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 10:04 AM

Add adrenaline and 99.9 percent of civilians are screwed armed or not.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 12:21 PM

Y’all convinced me. I’m not carrying anymore because I’m screwed no matter what.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 12:35 PM

great feedback guys.

how about put a balloon (preferably helium) on a string on a breezy day, irons at 50 yards or whatever distance you feel the bad guy with an AR with a 100 round maggie would be. draw your handgun and pop it.

Buzz you act like all these basement dweller shooters are Jerry Miculek. These guys do not train they’re not good shots. They ambush people up close that same idiot with a rifle or not at 100 yards couldn’t hit a moving target either. Yes they have an advantage with the rifle but your training should be the force multiplier in a situation like this. We aren’t saying line up in front of the shooter and have a duel like it’s the 1800s. But there is a lot of cover in stores that you can shoot and scoot.

I’m not saying I’d go after the gunman, but if me and my family were in the store and I got a chance to come around his blind side and put a bullet in the back of his head you’re damn right I’m taking that chance.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 12:42 PM

^^What Kyle said.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 01:08 PM

check yourself homie. i live next door to an ex garland cop. he said it was swat sniper-fire who defeated the perps. it was kept confidential for obvious reasons. you're like all liberals who love their fake news

Well Buzz, I have no doubt that you believe that, but no, it's not obvious as to why it would be covered up and kept secret, and I found zero information stating otherwise.

I appreciate your honesty though. I think I'll just leave my carry weapon at home from here on out. Maybe I'll even start sipping overpriced lattes with caramel and whipped cream, wearing skinny jeans and go vegan. I'll probably be checking out the Democrat party for the 2020 election too.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal
great feedback guys.

Buzz you act like all these basement dweller shooters are Jerry Miculek. These guys do not train they’re not good shots. They ambush people up close that same idiot with a rifle or not at 100 yards couldn’t hit a moving target either. Yes they have an advantage with the rifle but your training should be the force multiplier in a situation like this. We aren’t saying line up in front of the shooter and have a duel like it’s the 1800s. But there is a lot of cover in stores that you can shoot and scoot.

I’m not saying I’d go after the gunman, but if me and my family were in the store and I got a chance to come around his blind side and put a bullet in the back of his head you’re damn right I’m taking that chance.

make sure your beautiful family is secure before you take off after the shooter. me, not sure what id do. i'm not young and fleet afoot ,plus i make a bigger target. think i would cover my family but that's me. never really know, hope i never have to make the decision.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 01:53 PM

I didn’t say I’d take off after the shooter. I said if there was a chance of me (from cover) taking the guy out from the blind side I’d take it.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 02:12 PM

Let's all pray none of us are ever put in this position..
I would certainly like to think I would take out a bad guy and absolutely would to protect myself and family...
Would I abandon them to go after someone? Nope.
How do you know there is only one?

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 03:18 PM

I have zero defensive training and I understand that extensive training is the best option for self-defense scenarios.
However, I consider myself as being a Marksman. I don’t want to brag but in a public range, I will shoot more accurately than almost anyone. It can be a rimfire, center fire rifle, or pistol.
This is why my immediate approach to this subject is to address the gear (and it’s also the easiest with immediate incremental results).
What I know is that with my G26 or Kahr CM9 I can be accurate up to 15Y max. With my Canik tp9sfx with a red dot, shooting standing I can group 5 shots in 1.5” at 25Y.
With both the Canik and the CZ Shadow 2, I can easily engage targets at 50Y and beyond.
Off course this is me taking my time without any stress.

This is why I think going with a G19 will just give me more options vs a G26 (I’m reading many people can shoot better with a G26 vs a G19, but that’s not true for me). Actually, I’d rather carry the Shadow 2, but it’s too big.
I think G19 is a good compromise, and this is inline with what Chad was saying (with his G23). The difference is that he realized this a while back, but I’m considering the G19 just now.
This is why my question was really focused toward gear and I was wondering if others have reconsidered their carry pistol. It appears that most have not, or they’re already carrying a bigger gun (in which case they don’t need to reconsider).
Posted By: Scott W

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 03:32 PM

I know I need to carry more often, I've been a little lax this summer. Doesn't help that my waistline has expanded slightly so the clothes that used to be comfortable to carry in aren't as comfortable. I need to be better about exercising and also take some defensive training classes. I've had one basic class working on reloads and fundamentals and a little bit of shooting under stress, but could always use more practice and training.

If I was ever in a situation, protecting myself and my family are most important and if I can get to a back door (or other exit away from the threat) safely, that's the plan. If there was a safe opportunity to eliminate the threat, maybe I would but can't say as I've never been in that situation. I would like to think I would.

A question I have, and this is more for the LEOs here is, what can I do to let you know that I am a good guy, and not one of the bad guys? I'd hate to stand up and take aim only to be shot from someone else that thinks I am with the bad guy.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 05:05 PM

Kevin, to me, the G19 is the perfect "if I could only own one" handgun choice
I have a slightly tweaked Gen3 that I will never get rid of

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 05:20 PM

I didnt know a glock could hit anything at 50 yards confused2
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 05:48 PM

Best gun ever

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 05:53 PM

Speaking of, let's go do some shooting tomorrow night! About to sign up!

http://www.dallaspistol.com/

When- Wed, August 7, 6pm – 9pm
Where- Elm Fork Shooting Sports, 10751 Luna Rd, Dallas, TX 75220, USA (map)
Description
SPLASH is Steel Pinging Lead-Alloy Slinging Happiness. This match features mostly static and some reactive steel plates and mind-melting stage designs. Hose as fast as you can go & do speed reloads. Load up your extended magazines in Single Stack, Double Stack, or Open Optic divisions. Time plus scoring. 5 stages, bring 175+ rounds to be on the safe side.

Sign in at 5:30pm, safety briefing required for all new shooters will be held at 6:00pm. Pay range fee ($14) in the office before signing up at the bays. Match fee: $10, 2019 DAPS members get $2 discount.

General match, with the following divisions:
Single Stack, Double Stack, Open/Optics, Shotgun, Pistol Caliber Carbine

Please register and squad yourself on Practiscore.

https://practiscore.com/clubs/dallas-action-pistol-shooters-daps
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 06:17 PM

Lots of chatter, but the real question needed to be asked is this:

Have any of you ever been fired at?

My experience with active death threats is people fall into several categories:
1. mounds of mush, incapable of thought or action. these are typically the screamers, the sobers, and the people who freak out.
2. scared folks, they know they need to do something and typically act in pure self preservation. Taking shelter, hiding until threat is gone. many times can think but fear is the biggest problem.
3. stressed out folks, capable of action and thought, but not clear action or clear thought as stress and adrenaline take over and from a distance their actions don't make a ton of sense and in hindsight it is clear their thoughts were not logical.
4. those who can actually think and act as normal.

Most people on here will fall into categories 2 and 3. Some would be category 1 (yes, guys fall into this category more than we admit), and some category 4. Training has some bearing on how people react, but instincts are instincts, and no matter how much gun training you have, your stress training is more important in a mass shooting.

How do you all handle life threatening stress?

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 06:42 PM

No the Glock can... you’re the problem bolt
Posted By: hermano W

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 06:51 PM

When I get up in the morning I strap on a 9mm loaded with 16 rounds. I don’t take it off till I shower at night. I’m so used to that double stack that sometimes I touch it to see if I have it on. My thought is, if I don’t wear it all the time I probably won’t have it on if I ever need it. My thought is also to carry the pistol I would want to have in a gunfight. As far as the second part of the question, I hope I’m never on the scene of a mass shooting. I’m in my seventies and that gives me a little different perspective than a younger man. I’ve fulfilled my family responsibilities and lived a full life. If I get shot, I’d rather it be from the front with my finger on the trigger than from the back while I’m running. So if fate put me in the wrong place at the wrong time, I’m going to try to take the shooter out, even if that’s not the smartest decision.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 09:09 PM

When the Southerland Springs shooting occurred we were on the deck of our hunting cabin which is between Seguin and Stockdale.
About 15 minutes as the crow flys from the church.

We heard the sirens but didn't know what happened until later.

The irony is that we were talking with my main hunting buddy who is LE and a vet (we both are, never saw combat up close)
The other guy had been in the Marines, Blackwater and does private high level security and flys all over the world routinely.
He is also an instructor at a place near San Marcos where they do active shooter response training with agencies coming from accross the country.

They were talking about the difference in protocol since Columbine, i.e., setup perimiter and wait the SWAT, vs get in, go past the bleeding victims and engage the bad guy, "stop the killing, then stop the bleeding" . It's not natural for most people, their instinct tells them to render first aid.

Very surreal conversation in retrospect.

My buddy who is LE often cites Isaiah 6:8 "send me"
He is definitely someone who would (and is trained) to run towards gunfire.

All this talk is a reminder I need to get back to shooting pistols more..
Headed out to the steel gun match. No, it's not "training" but it is much more active and better than standing punching paper

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/06/19 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tactical Cowboy

flehan

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/07/19 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Lots of chatter, but the real question needed to be asked is this:

Have any of you ever been fired at?

My experience with active death threats is people fall into several categories:
1. mounds of mush, incapable of thought or action. these are typically the screamers, the sobers, and the people who freak out.
2. scared folks, they know they need to do something and typically act in pure self preservation. Taking shelter, hiding until threat is gone. many times can think but fear is the biggest problem.
3. stressed out folks, capable of action and thought, but not clear action or clear thought as stress and adrenaline take over and from a distance their actions don't make a ton of sense and in hindsight it is clear their thoughts were not logical.
4. those who can actually think and act as normal.

Most people on here will fall into categories 2 and 3. Some would be category 1 (yes, guys fall into this category more than we admit), and some category 4. Training has some bearing on how people react, but instincts are instincts, and no matter how much gun training you have, your stress training is more important in a mass shooting.

How do you all handle life threatening stress?

Shot at? No. But in every emergency situation that I have been in or encountered. (One house fire, first on scene at car accidents, etc...some of which my family or myself were in imminent danger) I have always fallen into Category 4. I would expect a shooter situation to be the same.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/07/19 11:57 PM

Definitely post of the day. roflmao

[Linked Image]

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 02:34 AM

The TLR-7 came yesterday and the holster should be here shortly.
Today I took the G19 with the TLR-7 to the range. I also took the Shadow 2 to have an accuracy baseline. Please note that I haven’t been doing any pistol shooting for the past few months.

I immediately started shooting the G19 with self defense ammo (HST 124gr) at 25Y followed by the Shadow 2 with FMJs.
I did not shoot the G19 that well!! Basically at 25Y, with the G19 it’s a man size accuracy and with the Shadow 2 it’s a headshot with every round.

[Linked Image]

I shot the G19 some more with FMJs and at the end I was able to get decent results, but nowhere near as good as the Shadow 2.

[Linked Image]

The G19 requires much more effort to shoot kinda accurately.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 02:42 AM

If that Glock is completely stock besides the light which does not help you aim, id say that’s pretty good compared to a pistol basically made for competitive shooting.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 02:46 AM

Yeh, the G19 is completely stock.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 02:50 AM

Well I wouldn’t really compare it to the Shadow2, it’s a compact carry gun compared to a full size comp gun.

I’d say the G19 held its own quiet nicely especially with the same ammo (fmj) you we’re shooting from the comp gun.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 03:46 AM

The TLR-7 came yesterday and the holster should be here shortly.
Today I took the G19 with the TLR-7 to the range. I also took the Shadow 2 to have an accuracy baseline. Please note that I haven’t been doing any pistol shooting for the past few months.

I immediately started shooting the G19 with self defense ammo (HST 124gr) at 25Y followed by the Shadow 2 with FMJs.
I did not shoot the G19 that well!! Basically at 25Y, with the G19 it’s a man size accuracy and with the Shadow 2 it’s a headshot with every round.

[Linked Image]

I shot the G19 some more with FMJs and at the end I was able to get decent results, but nowhere near as good as the Shadow 2.

[Linked Image]

The G19 requires much more effort to shoot kinda accurately.

1. Which do you carry
2. Which do you want to carry
3.Does your experience with either change questions 1&2?

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 03:54 AM

Do you know how much that shadow 2 weights? 46.5 OZ..... No way I'm carrying that.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 03:55 AM

Do you know how much that shadow 2 weights? 46.5 OZ..... No way I'm carrying that.

I think that was his point.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 01:55 PM

Glock shoot great

like a shotgun clap

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 02:06 PM

I am going to start carrying this with the 26 round magazine vs the puny 20 round one pictured.. very accurate and reliable

[Linked Image]

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal

I think that was his point.

That’s exactly my point. I shoot a Para 16-40 in competition quite a bit, and definitely shoot it better than my G19, but it’s huge and heavy. I’m not going to carry the Para either.

Not saying it’s bad to put them up against each other, but it’s kinda like comparing a Ford Fiesta to a Ferrari clap

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 02:10 PM

That gun with the flared mag well will print like a mo fo!

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 02:12 PM

I am going to start carrying this with the 26 round magazine vs the puny 20 round one pictured.. very accurate and reliable

[Linked Image]

Where’s your red dot and your TLR-2? All the Instagram operators have a dot and a light and appendix carry.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 04:38 PM

I lost the ability for appendix carry a few pounds and years ago smile
Posted By: tcr2

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 04:49 PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_courthouse_shooting

Always remember you can do everything right but it can still go bad.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 07:37 PM

so "printing" is it all that bad? 3006, they can only ask you if you're carrying, i say no, leave me alone
Posted By: hermano W

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 08:22 PM

I carry mine about 4 o’clock that way if it prints I can’t see it, so it doesn’t make me self conscious.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 10:00 PM

yeah, I used to be paranoid about printing or having the gun accidentally exposed.. one good thing about the open carry law..
I still try my best to not let anyone know it but.. they can't do anything about it if I am following the letter of the law.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/08/19 10:38 PM

It doesn't bother me if I print a little. But that pistol would be screaming through a shirt!

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/09/19 12:14 AM

I think most people don’t notice printing at all.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/09/19 01:30 PM

It doesn't bother me if I print a little. But that pistol would be screaming through a shirt!

I hope people know I was joking, I will carry my P365 or even a jframe 442 sometimes though not as often after I got the P365, not sure I have now that I think about it
Posted By: TDK

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/09/19 04:01 PM

I think most people don’t notice printing at all.

Most people are to oblivious to notice a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant.

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/09/19 04:03 PM

May go this for my EDC

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/09/19 07:12 PM

For those of you so inclined to up your carry rig to an AR pistol... loco

[Linked Image]

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/09/19 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

[Linked Image]

VERY NICE !!

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/09/19 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

[Linked Image]

Looks like a great way to carry an... unloaded... rifle

Re: Recent mass shootings: Are you reconsidering your EDC? - 08/10/19 12:43 AM

2 reasons why I shot the Glock next to the Shadow 2:

To get a baseline in accuracy difference
To show that I know the fundamentals of shooting a pistol.

I think the trigger is the biggest reason I couldn’t shoot the Glock that well at the beginning. I need to pay much more attention to the trigger pull. At the same time I’d rather not change the factory trigger for a lighter pull on a carry gun.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum