Texas Hunting Forum

New Stock on Tikka T3X

Posted By: bholt

New Stock on Tikka T3X - 10/01/18 11:38 PM

I bought a new Tikka T3X lite in April. I have to adpound it I am dinosaur, and as such have never had a composite stock or stainless Gun. I chose the Tikka T3X SS in the 6.5 creedmoor after a lot of reading and yes I fell in love with some of the shots I had seen these guys making. Well it shoots good but lots of plastic (stock and trigger guard).
I broke down and ordered the bottom metal from High Desert Research and ordered a Bell & Carlson stock from B&C. I like the gun in fact I am very fond of it, I got the bottom metal in last week and the stock came in today. It was supposed to be a drop in and for the most part it was. I had to take the dremel tool to it and a file for a burr on the aluminum block but all minor work. The bottom line is: it's assembled and can't wait to shoot it. It feels much "gooder" than the tikka stock and only weighs .25 more so total weight went from 8.25 to 8.5 scope and all.

Posted By: rickym

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 10/01/18 11:50 PM

I feels much gooder? roflmao congrats and hope it keeps you happy. up
Posted By: _Lee

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 10/02/18 12:27 AM

Looking good!
Posted By: J.G.

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 10/02/18 12:39 AM

I have no doubt you will really enjoy that rifle.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 10/02/18 03:09 AM

Looks great, I’m considering one for a T3 .308. Glad to hear about the weight, that was a concern for me.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 10/02/18 04:01 AM

That black and grey web stock with the SS looks like a perfect match, very nice.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 10/02/18 11:04 AM

Like that a lot. Shoot it and post up how it did.
Posted By: cheetah577

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 10/02/18 02:32 PM

Nice! happy3
Posted By: danmac

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 10/03/18 05:51 AM

Great stock, I have one on my Tikka .223...
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 10/04/18 01:30 AM

I think I’ll buy one (Tika) and do it up, pillar block bed it etc. I like building them up more than shooting.

I used to use B and C but switched to Hogue years back but I like that bell and Carlson stock it really looks good on that rifle.
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 10/06/18 05:26 AM

Bholt, I’ll trade ya a six pack of beer and a bag of Fritos for that creedmoor!!

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 10/10/18 04:43 PM

Ok folks the verdict is in and while I appreciate the offer Gringo I think I'm gonna keep it.

The first image is Hornady match 140gr. Took a few shots to get it sighted in you can see last three shots for yoursef. The second picture is my first three shots with 143gr. Precision Hunter I am HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 10/10/18 05:53 PM

A Tikka rifle acting like a Tikka rifle. up
Posted By: tth_40

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 10/11/18 01:13 PM

Same black w/ grey web I have on my T3 7mm-08. Love those stocks. up

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 12/11/18 01:47 PM

Are those Warne rings?

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 12/12/18 03:45 PM

Yes they are, I originally had the Warne Rings designed to fit directly to the dovetail of the Tikka rifle but choose to get the Weaver/picitinny style bases and rings instead. So far they are working out great. I had been using the Leupold STD bases and rings for years on other rifles but these seem to be "gooder".

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 12/12/18 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by bholt
Yes they are, I originally had the Warne Rings designed to fit directly to the dovetail of the Tikka rifle but choose to get the Weaver/picitinny style bases and rings instead. So far they are working out great. I had been using the Leupold STD bases and rings for years on other rifles but these seem to be "gooder".

Still have them? Does the front have the recoil post, and are they 1"?
Posted By: Anton Chigurh

Re: New Stock on Tikka T3X - 12/13/18 01:16 AM

I have had a 3 different B&C stocks for Tikkas, 2 sporter stocks and 1 m40 style for a tikka varmint.

They're nice stocks but on 2 of the 3 the barrel contacted the side of the channel pretty badly. I returned one and had the other bedded and straightened out. With the B&C tikka stocks the recoil lug is part of the aluminum bedding block, so if things aren’t straight it’s not as easy to fix as just relieving stock and bedding the lug like you can on Remington.

Grayboe is inletting their terrain stock for tikkas now, I’d like to get my hands on one of those.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum