Texas Hunting Forum

Shockwave Scabbard ???

Posted By: Bowhunt Only

Shockwave Scabbard ??? - 08/13/18 04:16 AM

I'm looking for a scabbard for my Shockwave. I've added the Black Aces Tactical Quadrail system to it, but don't have a laser on it...yet. Will most likely go with the center mass type laser. Anyway, I'm looking for a good scabbard. My shockwave, with the quadrail and decorative spike on the end is a tad over 27" long. I'll have to put a protective sponge or cloth or something in the bottom because the decorative spike will poke a hole in the bottom otherwise. All the scabbards I can find are either too long or mostly too short. I want the trigger guard to be covered.

What's everyone using for a scabbard for this gun?
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Shockwave Scabbard ??? - 08/13/18 12:35 PM

Somebody actually bought one of those things?

Re: Shockwave Scabbard ??? - 08/13/18 07:15 PM

Heck ya! It's a blast to shoot and it's been so popular they now make it in 12, 20 and even 410.
Posted By: Chickenman

Re: Shockwave Scabbard ??? - 08/16/18 03:53 AM

The quad rail is an issue for easy to find SBS scabbards. I dont think it will fit in a VooDoo but it might. If you send the outside dimensions, I'll see if it fits in mine.

MY DAYS or NcSTAR tactical rifle scabbards might be the only option.
Posted By: SR025

Re: Shockwave Scabbard ??? - 08/16/18 03:16 PM

What the heck is a decorative spike? Sounds TAF
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Shockwave Scabbard ??? - 08/16/18 03:31 PM

Definitely super G
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Shockwave Scabbard ??? - 08/17/18 02:20 PM

If you need a sponge in the scabbard to protect a decorative spike, something has gone terribly wrong.
Posted By: Crews

Re: Shockwave Scabbard ??? - 08/17/18 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
Somebody actually bought one of those things?

Quad rail, lasers, and decorative spikes make the question the validity of the OP's application.

But FWIW, I had my doubts about this type of gun until I picked up a friend's and actually shot something with it. Tried 2 3/4" buckshot, slugs, and some bird shot too. At house/vehicle imminent threat ranges, it was surprisingly easy to put rounds on target. With some practice, the right sights/red dot, and the right loads, it could easily be a formidable self defense tool.
Posted By: Earl

Re: Shockwave Scabbard ??? - 08/17/18 06:46 PM

Ok, I believe the question was asked (but not answered)...WTH is a decorative spike?
Posted By: Chickenman

Re: Shockwave Scabbard ??? - 08/17/18 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Earl
Ok, I believe the question was asked (but not answered)...WTH is a decorative spike?

I've seen worse. The quad bayonets are comical.

Posted By: Earl

Re: Shockwave Scabbard ??? - 08/17/18 09:41 PM

Ok, next question would be WTH for? smile LMAO. The quadrail though, I do like the way that looks and it would have some functional uses.

Re: Shockwave Scabbard ??? - 08/18/18 02:35 AM

The quadrail, side shell holder and spike all came as a package from Black Aces Tactical. No idea what the spike's for, but I think it looks cool, so I installed it along with everything else. Here's the final product.

I ordered a 5ive Star Gear SGS-5S Shotgun Scabbard.

We'll see how it fits and if my decorative spike pokes a hole in the bottom of it or not! banana And like was mentioned earlier, with a little practice (like with any weapon) I think this will be a formidable home defense weapon, along with my .40 glock I keep in my nightstand.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum