Texas Hunting Forum

TC Compass review?

Posted By: BigPig

TC Compass review? - 07/03/18 06:57 PM

I found a TC Compass in 6.5 Creedmoor with 5R rifiling. Thinking it might be a good gun for the wife.

Anybody have anything to say about this gun?
Posted By: TCB

Re: TC Compass review? - 07/04/18 01:31 AM

Buy with confidence!! You’ll need to change out the trigger spring for $10 but that’s about it. Got one in .22/250 that I like a lot.
Posted By: Judd

Re: TC Compass review? - 07/04/18 02:03 PM

You rarely hear of anyone complain about a TC. They just shoot.

There is a 7-08 Venture in the classifieds that's a great deal and I can't believe it's not sold yet.
Posted By: kagomez85

Re: TC Compass review? - 07/05/18 12:57 AM

I have one in 6.5 and it was cheap think I paid $250 for mine... but definitely lives up to the 1 MOA guarantee. Actually shoots a little better 3 shots will clover leaf. Out of the box it took about 10 rounds to start stacking them up.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: TC Compass review? - 07/05/18 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
I found a TC Compass in 6.5 Creedmoor with 5R rifiling. Thinking it might be a good gun for the wife.

Was it the one at the gunsmith shop in Carrollton?

Re: TC Compass review? - 07/06/18 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Bullfrog

Was it the one at the gunsmith shop in Carrollton?

No

Re: TC Compass review? - 07/06/18 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: kagomez85
I have one in 6.5 and it was cheap think I paid $250 for mine... but definitely lives up to the 1 MOA guarantee. Actually shoots a little better 3 shots will clover leaf. Out of the box it took about 10 rounds to start stacking them up.

After hearing good things about it, and more people saying they paid $250~ for theirs, I’m going to pass on this one at $299.
Posted By: kagomez85

Re: TC Compass review? - 07/06/18 09:33 PM

New at Academy they are going for $299 I picked mine up at a pawn shop used.
Posted By: TCB

Re: TC Compass review? - 07/07/18 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: kagomez85

After hearing good things about it, and more people saying they paid $250~ for theirs, I’m going to pass on this one at $299.

That’s probably including the rebate they were offering......can’t remember if it was $50 or $75.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum