Texas Hunting Forum

McMillian stocks

Posted By: Amarillo.Hunter

McMillian stocks - 05/17/18 11:59 PM

Hey all,
Thinking about giving my Tikka T3x a new stock. I'm a lefty, so am somewhat limited on available stocks for both handedness and the Tikka.

What is the consensus on McMillian? Are they 'worth' the cheese?
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/18/18 12:02 AM

Yes

Try to find one inlet ready to save a lonnng wait
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/18/18 12:05 AM

I have a lefty McMillan Game Scout. It's a top quality stock. The finish is nicer than my Manners stick. I think they're worth the money, especially if you can find one ready to ship.
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/18/18 12:17 AM

I like the McSwirly. The color is molded in so no worries about paint. This one is 70% dark tan, 20% medium tan and 10% light tan.

Posted By: TxHunter80

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/18/18 01:22 AM

Yes, they are. I've had a bunch of different brands and the McSwirly's are by far my favorite
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/18/18 02:29 AM

McM Game Scout is my favorite followed closely by the A3. Get it with the lightweight EDGE fill.

Also Horizons Firearms / Iota stocks Kremlin is very nice. They are coming out with a Tikka inlet. I got a chance to handle it at NRA show.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/18/18 05:36 PM

Love McMillans!

Here is the Game Hunter in carbon fiber for a Tikka

https://tacticalgunreview.com/mcmillan-game-hunter-stock-tikka-t3/#more-25499

If you contact them, be sure and tell them Charles from Tactical Gun Review referred you.

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/18/18 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSnake
McM Game Scout is my favorite followed closely by the A3. Get it with the lightweight EDGE fill.

Also Horizons Firearms / Iota stocks Kremlin is very nice. They are coming out with a Tikka inlet. I got a chance to handle it at NRA show.

How do you feel the Iota stocks compare quality wise?
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/18/18 07:56 PM

hunter style or tactical?

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/18/18 08:01 PM

Hunter style
Posted By: wp75169

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/18/18 08:06 PM

I was lucky and found a LH manners carbon fiber ready to ship for a Tikka. No experience with other brands but I can’t fathom a better stock unless you need it to be pretty.

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/18/18 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: wp75169
I was lucky and found a LH manners carbon fiber ready to ship for a Tikka. No experience with other brands but I can’t fathom a better stock unless you need it to be pretty.

Do you mind if I ask how/where did you find it?

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/18/18 09:10 PM

Directly from manners. I had them make some modifications and had my stock in hand in relatively short order. Had I not made modifications it would have shipped next day. I just looked, they do not currently have a LH Tikka ready to ship. Seems like the elite fill with modifications was around $850.

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/18/18 09:11 PM

You can call manners and they are very helpful. I specked the barrel profile on my rifle my myself and manners matched it for me.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/18/18 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Amarillo.Hunter
Hey all,
Thinking about giving my Tikka T3x a new stock. I'm a lefty, so am somewhat limited on available stocks for both handedness and the Tikka.

What is the consensus on McMillian? Are they 'worth' the cheese?

Which contour do you have?

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/19/18 04:34 AM

I think they are quality stock. Nice finish and good paint schemes. Machined in pillars. Ergonomic. Half the price of McM and much quicker turn around time on custom order.

What caliber and what bottom metal do you plan on using?

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/19/18 11:40 AM

I think they are quality stock. Nice finish and good paint schemes. Machined in pillars. Ergonomic. Half the price of McM and much quicker turn around time on custom order.

It's a 6.5 Creedmoor. Currently running the factory bottom metal (plastic), but will be upgrading to Mountain Tactical's bottom metal.

Re: McMillian stocks - 05/19/18 02:35 PM

It's a 6.5 Creedmoor. Currently running the factory bottom metal (plastic), but will be upgrading to Mountain Tactical's bottom metal.

Sounds goods. The Iota stock has a factory bottom metal inlet so you should be good with the MTN Tactical. Their billet magazines are nice.

We are releasing a short action bottom metal for Tikka with same inlet as factory and it accepts the AI AE Mki 5 round magazine that allows an OAL 2.95”
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum