Texas Hunting Forum

Copperhead Creek Shooting Range/Club in Marble Falls

Posted By: Scott W

Copperhead Creek Shooting Range/Club in Marble Falls - 05/14/18 03:00 PM

http://www.copperheadclub.com/rifle.html

Has anyone ever shot out here? I've been to the off-road park (Hidden Falls) a number of times but never shot out here. Website says they have steel out to 600 yards (every 100 yds) which is nice since Best of The West only has steel every 250 yds.

Interested to know what their "Long Range Qualification" consist of since it cost $50. I don't want to blow another $50 on ammo too showing them I have a clue.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Copperhead Creek Shooting Range/Club in Marble Falls - 05/14/18 11:24 PM

Shot three gun out there once. It’s a good facility.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Copperhead Creek Shooting Range/Club in Marble Falls - 05/15/18 12:16 AM

yes, nice place
basically you have to shoot a 1" 3 shot 100 yard group.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Copperhead Creek Shooting Range/Club in Marble Falls - 05/15/18 01:17 PM

kind of expensive but you gotta pay to play

Re: Copperhead Creek Shooting Range/Club in Marble Falls - 05/15/18 02:00 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Good thing is the certification fee is a one-time deal. This place is a lot closer than Fireman's range.
Posted By: Chunky Dunk

Re: Copperhead Creek Shooting Range/Club in Marble Falls - 05/15/18 02:09 PM

Nice place to shoot, they are constantly adding to it. Like mentioned above, 3 shot group under MOA at 100 to shoot on the long range.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Copperhead Creek Shooting Range/Club in Marble Falls - 05/15/18 02:44 PM

So what does a 1", 3 shot group at 100 do for qualifying to shoot long range? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Re: Copperhead Creek Shooting Range/Club in Marble Falls - 05/15/18 06:08 PM

I was thinking the same thing, but if that's their certification I'll take it. Best of the West had me get 3 of 5 hits at 250, 500 & 750, then they were ok with me getting close (on the berm) at 1,000. I just didn't want to burn through another half a box or more of ammo on top of paying $50. At some point, it's cheaper to make the 5 hr one-way drive to JG's range.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum