Texas Hunting Forum

Places to Shoot Medium to Long Range Rifle???

Posted By: 5Redman8

Places to Shoot Medium to Long Range Rifle??? - 05/06/18 01:08 AM

Looking for a place near Forney.....within an hour drive....with a rifle range 50-1000 or close to that.

Poetry Gun Club is out. No steel and after a conversation with the owner I’m not sure I could spend an hour around him.

Went to B Tactical this week but only goes out to 400yds.

I don’t mind paying a premium price(not quite willing to pay Rockwall Gun Club prices) and I don’t mind joining a club.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Places to Shoot Medium to Long Range Rifle??? - 05/06/18 01:18 AM

Lonestar gun club and redneck resort on Lawson Rd. is trying to get going but having some legal issues, and it flooded during the heavy rains. Up to 600 yards...
Posted By: 5Redman8

Re: Places to Shoot Medium to Long Range Rifle??? - 05/06/18 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: bronco71
Lonestar gun club and redneck resort on Lawson Rd. is trying to get going but having some legal issues, and it flooded during the heavy rains. Up to 600 yards...

From what I’ve been able to find out....they are closed indefinitely. No one answered the phone all week and no one has been at the shop the 2 times I tried this week.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Places to Shoot Medium to Long Range Rifle??? - 05/06/18 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: 5Redman8
Originally Posted By: bronco71

From what I’ve been able to find out....they are closed indefinitely. No one answered the phone all week and no one has been at the shop the 2 times I tried this week.

I was afraid of that.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Places to Shoot Medium to Long Range Rifle??? - 05/06/18 01:46 AM

check out Ables in Huntsville, or Fossil Point near Decatur. your pickins are slim unless you want to drive...
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Places to Shoot Medium to Long Range Rifle??? - 05/06/18 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
check out Ables in Huntsville, or Fossil Point near Decatur. your pickins are slim unless you want to drive...

You don’t know where Forney is do you???

Your best bet, and where I go is to Wolfe City. Private range ran by FiremanJG on here. Or Jacobs Plains in Greenville, I haven’t been there yet but they hold matches out to 1100 yards.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Places to Shoot Medium to Long Range Rifle??? - 05/06/18 02:43 AM

Etts in waxachie
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Places to Shoot Medium to Long Range Rifle??? - 05/06/18 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw

You don’t know where Forney is do you???

Your best bet, and where I go is to Wolfe City. Private range ran by FiremanJG on here. Or Jacobs Plains in Greenville, I haven’t been there yet but they hold matches out to 1100 yards.
Yep, firemanjg's range is the ticket for lowest price with at least 800 yards. Jacobs Plain goes out to 1100, but it is membership only and costs a good bit more I think. Neither is a bad option.
Posted By: Daniel Boone

Re: Places to Shoot Medium to Long Range Rifle??? - 05/06/18 06:33 PM

Is Jacob Plains still open? I have called the number listed on their website several times and cannot get a response.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Places to Shoot Medium to Long Range Rifle??? - 05/06/18 06:41 PM

O.P. is coming out Wednesday. Thanks to those that recommended my place.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum