Texas Hunting Forum

Vista Outdoors Inc... aka Savage & Stevens Firearms

Posted By: BigPig

Vista Outdoors Inc... aka Savage & Stevens Firearms - 05/01/18 04:13 PM

Looks like Savage & Stevens Firearms may be for sale soon according to a news release from Vista. Vista owns companies like Camel Back and Federal Ammo. Apparently they are getting pushback from retailers and have decided that some brands such as Bell Helmets an Savage need to go. They plan to turn their focus to producing ammo
Posted By: White Falcon

Re: Vista Outdoors Inc... aka Savage & Stevens Firearms - 05/01/18 04:41 PM

Enjoy it while you can. One day you might be complaining about NOT getting random pop-ups in the morning

That is why I purchased a anvil and hammer! Works great! Pain isn't too bad! smile smile
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Vista Outdoors Inc... aka Savage & Stevens Firearms - 05/01/18 05:35 PM

You can thank REI, one of our local anti NRAers will belong shortly to tell us the 2nd amendment isn’t under attack, And this is just every day business
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Vista Outdoors Inc... aka Savage & Stevens Firearms - 05/01/18 08:29 PM

Why Bell helmets?
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Vista Outdoors Inc... aka Savage & Stevens Firearms - 05/01/18 10:35 PM

Slide Fire is being forced out of business by insurance companies, not by the government. I don't like the implications that could have on other firearm related companies.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Vista Outdoors Inc... aka Savage & Stevens Firearms - 05/02/18 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Ox190
Slide Fire is being forced out of business by insurance companies, not by the government. I don't like the implications that could have on other firearm related companies.

Yelp Savage has 2.5 billion In backing right now, as a stand-alone it’s 400 million. Bigggg difference
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Vista Outdoors Inc... aka Savage & Stevens Firearms - 05/02/18 01:52 AM

I’m pretty sure the major impediment from an insurance standpoint is not its capital position - but that Slidefire makes a device that basically turns a semi-auto into and automatic, that even this administration is cracking down on, and that was used in the worst mass shooting in U.S. history.

Walking liability.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum