Texas Hunting Forum

S&W Bodyguard 38 with lasersight

Posted By: 603Country

S&W Bodyguard 38 with lasersight - 04/19/18 04:59 PM

Got one for the wife. She likes it. Hammerless, with smooth though long trigger pull. Swapped out a little cash, a Charter Arms 38, and a scope for it. Took a little adjusting of the laser sights to get it sighted in, but that was easy. She shoots it pretty darn well, though it’s a lightweight snubbie with a bit of recoil.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: S&W Bodyguard 38 with lasersight - 04/19/18 10:39 PM

What rounds is she shooting? Hornady makes a custom light Critical Defense load with a pink tipped 90gr bullet. I tried some in my Taurus 85 Titanium. My daughter shot it but the recoil was still too much for her.

I'm looking at getting her the Scandium Smith and Wesson in .22 magnum revolver. Hornady makes a special Critical Defense round in .22 magnum.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: S&W Bodyguard 38 with lasersight - 04/19/18 11:13 PM

We had a box of those pink tipped Hornady rounds, but the recoil wasn’t much different from the 158 gr wadcutters i loaded up. With that particular revolver, holding a bit down the grip allowed recoil that didn’t hurt the web of her hand (or mine). Right now, the pistol is loaded with 125 gr factory rounds, which print where the wadcutters do.

Tomorrow i’ll see what Cabelas has on the shelf in 125 grainers.
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: S&W Bodyguard 38 with lasersight - 04/20/18 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
What rounds is she shooting? Hornady makes a custom light Critical Defense load with a pink tipped 90gr bullet. I tried some in my Taurus 85 Titanium. My daughter shot it but the recoil was still too much for her.

I'm looking at getting her the Scandium Smith and Wesson in .22 magnum revolver. Hornady makes a special Critical Defense round in .22 magnum.

Why doesn't someone, or me, market a 9 or 10 shot 22 magnum titanium revolver??? I'd carry one every day
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum