Texas Hunting Forum

Savage msr

Posted By: Midwaytmm

Savage msr - 04/01/18 04:10 PM

Anybody have them? Thoughts good or bad?
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Savage msr - 04/01/18 05:37 PM

It’s got a savage barrel which is a plus, but I don’t see anything special at all otherwise. And their lower has a little different shape to it that means finding a grip that fits and looks right may be a challenge. The use BLACKHAWK! furniture which is kind of cheap, Walmart quality furniture. For the money you can do a lot better I think.

Re: Savage msr - 04/01/18 06:11 PM

Thank you sir. Have a bunch of savage bolts. Looking to upgrade loaner guns to more horsepower. Hard to find inexpensive 10, fairly light, that functions reliably. Thought about a mutant too, but never run one myself for any extended time.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Savage msr - 04/01/18 06:36 PM

I’m certainly not an AR guru, and even less so and AR10 guru, but I’d buy a PSA10 and put a premium barrel on it.
Posted By: Sigmund

Re: Savage msr - 04/01/18 07:05 PM

I have the MSR-10 hunter .308.

- It is much lighter than my old DPMS 308-T.
- I replaced the grip with a hogue. It fit without modifications.
- Wasn’t happy with the trigger, I replaced it with a Geissele.
- Comes with adjustable gas block. I understand this can be useful when using a suppressor? (Not an expert here)

Only put about 60-80 rounds through it, but so far I’m happy with it. I was looking for something I could just open the box and shoot.

Re: Savage msr - 04/01/18 07:17 PM

That’s what I’m looking for is a couple throw downs. Adj block was already on my radar, and 16in bbl
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum