Texas Hunting Forum

It’s suppressor time

Posted By: TFF Caribou

It’s suppressor time - 03/03/18 06:54 PM

Ready to make the plunge. First can will be a .22 can since I shoot more .22 than anything else. Thinking about the silencerco warlock II or the Q elcamino. I’m also hearing a lot of good stuff about the dead airs. What do y’all have and how do you like them? Will be for a pistol and a 10/22
Posted By: Cast

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/03/18 07:02 PM

I shoot a Sparrow. No ragrets.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/03/18 08:44 PM

Q > silencerco

There design and engineering is just better imo
Posted By: FroggerZack

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/03/18 09:03 PM

SilencerCo Spectre II here.

You'll be giddy the first time you shoot a subsonic through it!

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/03/18 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Cleric
Q > silencerco

There design and engineering is just better imo

Yeah, I can get the Q for about $100 more than the warlock. Probably worth it.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Cast

You should get that tattooed on yourself.
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 01:51 AM

Spectre II here,and I need a couple more of them. Once someone starts shooting the gun I put it on,I can't get them to put it down.
Posted By: TTUhunter4

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 03:39 AM

Spectre II is the best all-around .22 can IMO.

Another bit of unsolicited advice...buy the suppressor you think best fits your needs. Don’t worry about price. You will likely have it the rest of your life.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: TTUhunter4
Spectre II is the best all-around .22 can IMO.

Another bit of unsolicited advice...buy the suppressor you think best fits your needs. Don’t worry about price. You will likely have it the rest of your life.

Based on what features is it the best?
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 06:02 AM

I have a SS Sparrow and an AAC Element....the Sparrow has noticeable first round pop. The Element can be used on .22 LR, 22 Mag, and 17 HMR. I should have bought two Elements. It is probably one of the most expensive rimfire suppressors, but I think it is the best one. I've also shot a Dead Air Mask and Surefire Ryder that were both pretty nice, but I think they are both limited to 22 LR.

I would get a rimfire suppressor so you can shoot 22 Mag and 17 HMR as well.

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By: DocHorton
I have a SS Sparrow and an AAC Element....the Sparrow has noticeable first round pop. The Element can be used on .22 LR, 22 Mag, and 17 HMR. I should have bought two Elements. It is probably one of the most expensive rimfire suppressors, but I think it is the best one. I've also shot a Dead Air Mask and Surefire Ryder that were both pretty nice, but I think they are both limited to 22 LR.

I don’t need a can to shoot mag or hmr. Neither round really interests me. It’s not very likely I’ll have either one.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 04:25 PM

I have a warlock II that I run on my pistol and 10/22. No complaints and since you aren’t planning to shoot .22 mag you can’t really go wrong. Also silencercos customer service is second to none if you ever need a repair.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Originally Posted By: Cast

You should get that tattooed on yourself.

It's been done.

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
I have a warlock II that I run on my pistol and 10/22. No complaints and since you aren’t planning to shoot .22 mag you can’t really go wrong. Also silencercos customer service is second to none if you ever need a repair.

Thanks for that. I’ve been trying to talk myself out of the warlock for some reason. Been driving myself crazy for 3 days reading reviews on every can. Gunna go with the warlock.

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Tff caribou

Thanks for that. I’ve been trying to talk myself out of the warlock for some reason. Been driving myself crazy for 3 days reading reviews on every can. Gunna go with the warlock.

It’s on the lower end price wise but I thinks that’s because it can only shoot .22lr. It’s fully serviceable by you so that’s all I really cared about. Scary quiet shooting subs through it as well.

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 04:38 PM

It’s on the lower end price wise but I thinks that’s because it can only shoot .22lr. It’s fully serviceable by you so that’s all I really cared about. Scary quiet shooting subs through it as well.

I’ve read that aluminum baffles are harder to clean. What do you use?

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 04:39 PM

To backtrack a step. I’m pretty sure I’m going with the warlock. Need to check and see what my local range sells that I’m a member of. If I can buy there and shoot it while I wait for my stamp, I’ll pay a few dollars more.

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 04:47 PM

I’ve read that aluminum baffles are harder to clean. What do you use?

Can’t remember exactly what I used but I’ve never had any problems. I feel like people use hose ultrasonic cleaners as well.

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 09:16 PM

Rex, do you have a YouTube video about shooting the warlock? I was looking for a video and yours was one of the first to pop up
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 09:21 PM

I don’t need a can to shoot mag or hmr. Neither round really interests me. It’s not very likely I’ll have either one.

You may not, but your kids, grandkids, or friends may want to shoot one. It's a lifetime purchase, don't sell yourself short or limit your potential usage. I did that on my first suppressor and I never use it anymore.

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 09:41 PM

Rex, do you have a YouTube video about shooting the warlock? I was looking for a video and yours was one of the first to pop up

I do, I’m sure you saw mine if we are at a pond shooting.

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/04/18 09:45 PM

I do, I’m sure you saw mine if we are at a pond shooting.

Yep, that’s exactly what it was. That’s kinda crazy. I just searched warlock 2 suppressor video and there you were.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/05/18 08:51 PM

The ones that can handle the higher pressure rounds are likely Stainless Steel or better. You can toss those in a SS media tumbler to clean them like you would brass shells. You will need a different media to do that with aluminum.

I have a Spectre II and I have zero regrets getting it. I love shooting the 22 bolt action with the suppressor. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the ones mentioned.

Whatever one you get, be sure to look up the oil treatment for it and do that before you ever put a single round through it. It makes cleaning the baffles so much easier.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/05/18 09:40 PM

I have two Spectre IIs. Or rather, I did until that tragic boating accident.

Here's some suggested reading. The original site has been take down.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http://www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html

Re: It’s suppressor time - 03/05/18 10:33 PM

Local range won’t let me shoot my suppressor there while I wait for my stamp, which sucks, but the bright side is I’ll be buying from a THF member this way. And his prices are better.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum