Texas Hunting Forum

Favorite Trigger

Posted By: pigslayer10

Favorite Trigger - 02/08/18 11:18 PM

Forgive me if this has been discussed, I was unable to find anything.

I've built myself a new AR in 223 wylde, the gun shoots great and groups well. Only issue I've run into so far is the trigger, it's a little heavier than what I'd prefer. So I'm looking into getting a drop-in single stage flat faced trigger. I'm not looking to spend $400, somewhere around the $200 mark. Any recommendations? TIA
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/08/18 11:19 PM

The last 2 CMC triggers I have used were nice. I also like a flat blade on the trigger. I also have a Jewell AR-15 trigger on my main lower and like it a lot. I think it's a 2 stage, IIRC.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/08/18 11:22 PM

CMC 100% I absolutely love my 2 stage. Their single stages are just as nice. Ft worth company too.

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/08/18 11:30 PM

I just talked to a buddy of mine who has a CMC two stage and said he wasn't that impressed with his, but I've kind of been leaning towards them. What pull weight do ya'll prefer? I'm trying to dial my gun in and make it my predator rig, so I'm not sure if I should go all the way down to their 3.5lbs version or not. Decisions decisions
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/08/18 11:31 PM

I’m running a CMC 3.5lb two stage in my three gun rifle. You should be fine with that weight.

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 12:30 AM

Awesome, thanks for the input. Just saw they offer first responder discounts, that just sweetened the pot!

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: pigslayer10
I just talked to a buddy of mine who has a CMC two stage and said he wasn't that impressed with his, but I've kind of been leaning towards them. What pull weight do ya'll prefer? I'm trying to dial my gun in and make it my predator rig, so I'm not sure if I should go all the way down to their 3.5lbs version or not. Decisions decisions

Honestly, I’m not sure what he wouldn’t be impressed with. My 2 stage is SWEET! The first stage is super consistent, the break is perfectly crisp, and there is zero overtravel.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 12:49 AM

Posted By: 240z

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 12:54 AM

I have two AR's with Jard adjustable triggers. They're reasonably priced and work flawlessly.

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 01:03 AM

Call me a rookie, what's the difference between their speed trigger and weighted?
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 01:10 AM

Wasn’t impressed with CMC or POF. I do like my Velocity trigger, it’s around $140
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 01:11 AM

Joe bobs has the cmc priced good right now. Just got the ad
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 01:12 AM

Larue ar trigger is on sale
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 01:13 AM

I'm running the POF triggers and like them a lot.
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 01:55 AM

Geissele all the way....SSA-E and SD-E are fantastic triggers (Both are 2 stage). I have tried several CMC triggers and do not care for them. The only trigger I like other than Geissele is AR Gold...really nice trigger.
Posted By: rjd

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 03:38 AM

Triggertech makes an adjustable one that should be in your price range. Think they have a discount for you guys as well.

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 03:52 AM

I’m surprised so many guys don’t like cmc triggers. I haven’t tried a ton, but have had a couple aftermarket triggers, and it’s the best I’ve tried. What is it you guys don’t like about them?
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 04:00 AM

I have CMC, POF and ALG ACT. I like the CMC the best.
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 04:34 AM

Almost anything is a huge upgrade over Milspec. I have a Timney in mine and it’s great
Posted By: LuckyDucker_TTU

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 05:01 AM

I’ve shot CMC they’re not bad. I have a Geissele SSA-E and a Triggertech and the triggertech is easily my favorite. I’m way more accurate with it and the way I shoot I need all the help I can get.
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 05:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
I’m surprised so many guys don’t like cmc triggers. I haven’t tried a ton, but have had a couple aftermarket triggers, and it’s the best I’ve tried. What is it you guys don’t like about them?

I'm curious how many have tried CMC and compared it to something at a higher price point like Geissele. I have used Geissele triggers in my ARs for many years and prefer them over any other. I've shot a lot with CMC triggers and had the opportunity to compare them side by side with my Geissele triggers. For me, there is a clear winner and it is easy to distinguish.
Posted By: Kevin1

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 05:32 AM

Posted By: Kevin1

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 05:37 AM

And read this.

http://www.recoilweb.com/ar15triggerguide-1/
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 09:54 AM

I have a cmc on my 6.8 and it's not near as nice as my ssa e
Timney and cmc are on the Same meh level
Posted By: Shane431

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 01:40 PM

Runner runner guns in McKinney has like 20 different triggers set up in mock lowers that you can try out and compare. If you’re looking for an AR trigger it’s worth the trip.
Posted By: eneat1119

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 02:00 PM

Have a CMC single flat trigger on my 6.8. Like it but very impressed with the HiperFire trigger I had on my MSR-10. Great trigger.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 02:04 PM

tried pretty much all of them.. my favorite is the Wilson Combat TTU singlestage, I order them at 3lbs

I was pretty impressed with the Fail Zero singlestage I put in my son's 6.8 a few weeks ago.
It's a very nice trigger and only 150
Posted By: Big Daddy K

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 03:32 PM

I like my Velocity single stage flat trigger at 3lb.
($139.00)
It is my first aftermarket trigger so cant compare. Like mentioned above, anything is a step up from a mil spec.
Posted By: aggie-01

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 03:53 PM

LaRue Tactical MBT-2S trigger for me. It is on sale right now as well.
Posted By: tenyearsgone

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/09/18 05:01 PM

Get it before it goes up again.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/10/18 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaner
Runner runner guns in McKinney has like 20 different triggers set up in mock lowers that you can try out and compare. If you’re looking for an AR trigger it’s worth the trip.

Sweet, I'll have to run up and see what kind of trouble I can get myself into. I appreciate the info!
Posted By: booradley

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/10/18 09:59 PM

I like the Timney 3 lb. in my AR.

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/13/18 11:40 PM

Well I made my way to Runner Runner Guns today, they didn't have the CMC trigger I was hoping for, but they had a couple from CMC. Luckily I found a shop that had the one I'm looking at to test and I think I'm gonna bite the bullet on it and get me one. Thanks for all the input!

Re: Favorite Trigger - 02/14/18 10:52 PM

Well I did a thing today! Got the 3.5lb single stage from CMC. It's miles ahead of the other trigger I had. Now I'm excited to get out to the range and test it out.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum