Texas Hunting Forum

What is a Chinese SKS worth?

Posted By: don k

What is a Chinese SKS worth? - 01/27/18 07:33 PM

What is a Chinese SKS with folding stock worth. Shoots good no rust.
Posted By: Chickenman

Re: What is a Chinese SKS worth? - 01/27/18 09:57 PM

Look for a factory code. That will help sir.

Re: What is a Chinese SKS worth? - 01/28/18 12:01 AM

I will have to take off the stock to get a better look. It looks like maybe Triangle with a slash in the left side a large 5 in the middle and maybe a small 6 in the right side. But I will take off the stock to get a better look. Thanks

Re: What is a Chinese SKS worth? - 01/28/18 12:15 AM

Yes it looks like a 1 5 6. I will take a picture of it if I can.

Re: What is a Chinese SKS worth? - 01/28/18 12:37 AM

Posted By: VAFish

Re: What is a Chinese SKS worth? - 01/28/18 12:49 AM

With that stock, based on guns similar that sold on Gun Broker, $325-$350. With the original wooden stock $400-$450.
Posted By: Chickenman

Re: What is a Chinese SKS worth? - 01/28/18 03:48 AM

Looks like an earlier SKS before Norinco stepped in. The 3 Chinese characters should mean "type 56" as well.

There should be more stamps on the rifle that would indicate who the importer was and possibly give some other info. Regardless, its a cool $300-350 rifle. Maybe even more for the right buyer.

Re: What is a Chinese SKS worth? - 01/28/18 12:53 PM

Thanks, I have had it for probably 22 years. Maybe shot a box of shells through it. I will look around for the original stock. Also have a large capacity magazine and probably 250 rnds.somewhere. I think I paid around $85 for it at that time. Cleaning out some stuff I never use. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: What is a Chinese SKS worth? - 01/28/18 03:52 PM

Hope the ammo was not the old corrosive type that was so popular 22 years ago and sold in bulk bags..

Re: What is a Chinese SKS worth? - 01/28/18 04:37 PM

This is what I shot in it. The bore and even the outside blueing look better than some new rifles today.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: What is a Chinese SKS worth? - 01/28/18 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: don k
This is what I shot in it. The bore and even the outside blueing look better than some new rifles today.

Very good. I bought an SKS new about 1990, and purchased some ammo similar to your ammo for the soft point bullet. I also bought some FMJ ammo in bulk bags for plinking and I remember some of the ammo was designated NC and other bags were "buyer beware". When you mentioned you had % 250 rounds somewhere I thought you might have bought the bulk bags.
You got a superior deal on yours, I believe I paid 89.95 for mine. cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum