Texas Hunting Forum

Fabarm XLR5 Shotgun

Posted By: TXBoss

Fabarm XLR5 Shotgun - 01/26/18 12:38 AM

Looking for feedback from anyone on the forum that has used one, or owns one. I've heard some good things by some reputable folks. Handled one as well and it felt really nice.

Specifically the Waterfowler.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Fabarms XLR5 Shotgun - 01/26/18 01:36 AM

Everything that I've read says that Fabarms makes quality shotguns. They also used to make shotguns sold under the H&K brand which I would regard as a positive sign.

Re: Fabarm XLR5 Shotgun - 01/26/18 01:55 AM

Yes.. I do remember that. Now they are under the Caesar Guerini flag somehow. Not sure to what extent.

One of the recommendations was to consider this over the A400 Xtreme from the standpoint of recoil and the gas system.

Re: Fabarm XLR5 Shotgun - 01/28/18 12:37 AM

ttt
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Fabarm XLR5 Shotgun - 01/28/18 12:43 AM

Great sporting clays guns, all I know. I would buy in a heart beat

Re: Fabarm XLR5 Shotgun - 01/31/18 11:19 PM

Bump
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Fabarm XLR5 Shotgun - 02/02/18 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: TXBoss
Yes.. I do remember that. Now they are under the Caesar Guerini flag somehow. Not sure to what extent.

One of the recommendations was to consider this over the A400 Xtreme from the standpoint of recoil and the gas system.

A member of the principal ownership family of Fabarm married a members of the principal ownership family of Caesar Guerini. I don't think they're merged but there's a lot of interconnections.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Fabarm XLR5 Shotgun - 02/03/18 01:14 PM

I’m pretty sure Cesar Guerini has an equity stake in FABARM. I don’t own a Waterfowler but my next shotgun purchase will be a Waterfowler. I do have an L4S and it is my favorite shotgun.

Re: Fabarm XLR5 Shotgun - 02/03/18 11:30 PM

I'm about to pull the trigger on one (no pun there).

They've got the kryptic camo and also to the Viper pattern. I held their sporting clay XLR5 that had the blue Viper and it looked nice... so I'll probably go with the Viper Camo if I do this.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum