Texas Hunting Forum

Need help with AR value

Posted By: FoxTrot

Need help with AR value - 01/22/18 08:52 PM

It was my 1st build. It is an Anderson AM15. I believe it is the M4.

I just bought another gun to tinker with and I plan on selling this one. What should I ask for it?
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Need help with AR value - 01/22/18 08:57 PM

Did you build it or just buy an Anderson? Is there anything besides standard Anderson parts?

Re: Need help with AR value - 01/22/18 09:07 PM

Here is a pic.

I built it from the ground up! Nothing was assembled when I purchased it 2 years ago. It is standard. Nothing else has been added.
There have been exactly 3 rounds down the pipe. I shot it to ensure it fired and then stuck it in the safe. Hasn't been touched since. I do not plan on including any mags with it either.
Posted By: VAFish

Re: Need help with AR value - 01/22/18 09:26 PM

You can buy a brand new Anderson AR15 of similar set up for $499 new with a manufactures warranty.

https://www.andersonmanufacturing.com/product/complete-rifle-assy-am15-br-5-56-nato-16/

And that's Anderson's list price on the web. Dealer should be able to get it even cheaper.

There is a glut of AR15's on the market right now, I wouldn't pay more than $350 for it, Maybe $400 if you were a good friend.

That's probably less than you have in it by quite a bit. I'd leave it in the safe for a couple of years until the democrats start talking gun control again.

Re: Need help with AR value - 01/22/18 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: VAFish
I'd leave it in the safe for a couple of years until the democrats start talking gun control again.

I've honestly thought about that.
The gun that I just bought is a little more high end than this one. Just trying to recoup some of my $ spent on this other one. I figured it was in the $400 range. I have a little more than that in it but not much.
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: Need help with AR value - 01/22/18 09:34 PM

You'd be lucky to get $300 for in todays market. Name brand entry level AR's can be bought right now for $399.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Need help with AR value - 01/22/18 10:10 PM

Id say $300 to $375 is a fair asking price especially is everything is milspec and cheap in it.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Need help with AR value - 01/23/18 02:13 AM

Unbelievable, isn't it?

This is the time to buy them, not sell them. I sincerely hope "the time to sell them" never comes again, but I always say "hope in one hand and s*** in the other and see which one fills up first."
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Need help with AR value - 01/23/18 02:40 AM

I don't think you'll sell it for more than $300 personally - just a ton of cheap new ARs on the market.

Re: Need help with AR value - 01/23/18 02:58 AM

For $300ish, Im going to hang on to it, add some sort of red dot and prolly let it continue to live in the safe.
This new one, gonna have a lot of fun with it

Re: Need help with AR value - 01/25/18 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: RiverRider
Unbelievable, isn't it?

This is the time to buy them, not sell them. I sincerely hope "the time to sell them" never comes again, but I always say "hope in one hand and s*** in the other and see which one fills up first."

Yep buy them cheap and stack them deep. And while I too hope the time to sell never comes, the way things are going in the country I'm not too hopeful.

I am surprised I came in on the high side of the prices. I'm usually a cheap SOB. Just checked our local gun sales board, there is a guy with a similar AR15, was asking $700, has had it for sale for quite a while and is now down to $425 with his "Final Price Reduction" and no one seems interested.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Need help with AR value - 01/26/18 04:17 AM

A little looking around can get you a sub $350 AR right now.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Need help with AR value - 01/26/18 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Tff caribou

Where?

Re: Need help with AR value - 01/26/18 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Choctaw

Where?

If you follow some of the gun sale sites (I like r/gundeals on Reddit) you can find parts on sale a lot. A lot of them won’t be premium parts, but it can be done. You can get a $400 AR all over the place with very little shopping.

Re: Need help with AR value - 01/28/18 12:46 AM

Where?

Bear Creek has complete uppers with BCG for $229. Get a stripped lower for $39, Lower Parts kit for $50 and a stock for $50. That's $368 and not including any shipping if you have to pay it.

Or my local dealer has Anderson compete magpul lowers for $180. That with a Bear Creek upper gets you a $410 AR with no building other than t=pushing in 2 takedown pins.

Re: Need help with AR value - 01/28/18 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: VAFish

Where?

Bear Creek has complete uppers with BCG for $229. Get a stripped lower for $39, Lower Parts kit for $50 and a stock for $50. That's $368 and not including any shipping if you have to pay it.

Or my local dealer has Anderson compete magpul lowers for $180. That with a Bear Creek upper gets you a $410 AR with no building other than t=pushing in 2 takedown pins.

There are lots of $15 stocks on eBay. So you can get in under $350 before shipping. Lots of places doing free shipping these days too.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum