Texas Hunting Forum

scope camo

Posted By: swaman

scope camo - 01/16/18 02:44 AM

Just purchased a Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon Speed chambered in a 6.5 creedmoor. It has the A-TACS AU (Arid/Urban)camo stock. I am putting a Vortex Viper HS 4X16X50 matte black scope on it. I would like to have the scope in the A-TACS AU camo color as well. What do you all suggest? A Skin? Or know of somewhere near the DFW area that professionally does this?
Thanks in advance!
Posted By: J.G.

Re: scope camo - 01/16/18 03:13 AM

Stencils and Krylon. Flat clear for the last coat.
Posted By: snarkscarbine

Re: scope camo - 01/16/18 03:57 AM

I'll bet Alamo Precision Rifles would be able to hook you up if you want Cerakote.

JG's route would probably work well if you weren't worried about it being extremely permanent.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: scope camo - 01/16/18 04:51 AM

Texas Hydro Graphics

Texas Hydro dip

I think you will have to Hydro Dip to get the true A=Tacs AU color pattern.

Re: scope camo - 01/16/18 11:10 PM

Thanks guys!
Posted By: waterandwoods

Re: scope camo - 01/17/18 12:58 AM

I'll let you guinea pig it for me. I bought one for my daughter and I am having a hard time putting it down. I am allowed to use when she aint around. LOL. Everyone that has shot it has been amazed, myself as well. I called Leupold when I bought it and they said I had to buy VX111 and it would take 4 months to get back, so I slapped a Vortex on it and haven't looked back. Now season is pretty much over, I am toying with same idea as you, but I keep taking it hog hunting. smile One fine gun IMO

Re: scope camo - 01/17/18 11:35 PM

Im pretty excited about it as well. I have hunted with a Sako 300 Win Mag that my wife bought for me for almost 30 years and it has performed flawlessly but this gun should do most jobs for me AND be much lighter and easier on the shoulder. Let ya know how it does on deer next season! smile
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum