Texas Hunting Forum

Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend?

Posted By: 6.5BR

Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/25/17 04:37 PM

Thanks.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/25/17 04:43 PM

I don't go to public ranges much anymore but on the east side of Dallas I normally use Garland Public Shooting Range and Gibsons Outpost in Mesquite.

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/25/17 04:51 PM

Thanks - so you shoot at a local private outdoor range?
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/25/17 04:58 PM

Quail Creek, west of 35w / 1171.
Elm fork, Dallas.

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/25/17 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: 6.5BR
Thanks - so you shoot at a local private outdoor range?

Now days I usually shoot at my lease or at a friend of mines land. If I need something close to home though I will use one of those two ranges.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/25/17 08:35 PM

Quail creek
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/25/17 08:40 PM

garland public
Posted By: DeerSlayer31

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/25/17 09:23 PM

I've liked garland public, gibsons in mesquite is run by an [censored] and falling apart.
Posted By: JacobHerman

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/25/17 09:35 PM

Triple C is one of the best ranges I have been to in the US. Very well laid out.
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/25/17 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: JacobHerman
Triple C is one of the best ranges I have been to in the US. Very well laid out.

Looks like a good range! I think that's the most expensive range I've ever seen. $60/day or $1,000/year. Ouch!
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/25/17 09:59 PM

There is not too many

Elm fork
Fossils point
Quail
Triple c
Etts
Tac pro
Grand Prairie gun club (private but 200 yard range)
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/25/17 10:18 PM

Garland public range. Forget about Gibson in Mesquite.
Posted By: grizzlyman

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/25/17 11:21 PM

Elm Fork is the only one I frequent.

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/25/17 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565
Garland public range. Forget about Gibson in Mesquite.

Only thing Gibsons has over Garland is they have a 200 yard range.

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/25/17 11:43 PM

Thanks much folks.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 12:02 AM

popcorn

Funny how BigFitz, KRoyal, P102, 2Beez, patriot07 have remained silent. They don't want to share.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
popcorn

Funny how BigFitz, KRoyal, P102, 2Beez, patriot07 have remained silent. They don't want to share.

What is the first rule of fight club...
Posted By: Fat Tire

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 02:28 AM

I use Armadillo gun range in Nevada. Just off of 78 on the north east side of lake Lavon.
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 02:37 AM

Lone Star in Mesquite was good for me, but it is currently closed.

I wouldn't go to Gibson's again. The old man passed away and the son is a piece of work.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: okstatefan

I wouldn't go to Gibson's again. The old man passed away and the son is a piece of work.

Too bad the son didn’t pass away. I liked the old man, the son can kiss my [censored] and eat a pile of [censored]
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By: 2Beez
popcorn

You don't talk about Fight Club.
Posted By: DeerSlayer31

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
Originally Posted By: okstatefan

Too bad the son didn’t pass away. I liked the old man, the son can kiss my [censored] and eat a pile of [censored]

Very well put!
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 04:31 AM

popcorn

lol I ain't inviting anyone!!
Posted By: bluetopper

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 06:07 AM

I belong to a wonderful outdoor range. Small yearly fee, no other costs. They give you the combination to the gate with a membership, no range officer, ever. 7 miles from the house. I don't want people from the damn metroplex coming here so I'm not telling you where.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 07:45 AM

Originally Posted By: parisite
I belong to a wonderful outdoor range. Small yearly fee, no other costs. They give you the combination to the gate with a membership, no range officer, ever. 7 miles from the house. I don't want people from the damn metroplex coming here so I'm not telling you where.

interesting
Posted By: SR025

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 09:02 AM

Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 01:58 PM

Fossil Pointe, not full of tourists, 50-800 yard ranges, $18 a day, good people running it.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 01:59 PM

what's the objective here?
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: KRoyal
popcorn

lol I ain't inviting anyone!!
I don't know what yall are talking about...

peep
Posted By: Cast

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 02:34 PM

NTSA is great if you can get through the waiting list. And afford membership.
Posted By: jbd76266

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
NTSA is great if you can get through the waiting list. And afford membership.

I just sold my membership. It's a good club, but whenever I finally had a chance to get out there, it seemed they were always having some match - whether rifle or carbine. Since I like to take a few calibers with me at a time, I could wind up there for a good part of the day, but with a match going it makes it longer. I don't care for crowds either. Would be great for someone who could shoot during the week while others are at work.

Re: Dallas area folks - what outdoor ranges do you recommend? - 12/26/17 05:27 PM

Some funny stuff on this thread smile

Thanks again folks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum