Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/14/17 03:27 PM

Today only (11/14/17) at www.DEGuns.net

I ordered one.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/14/17 03:30 PM

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/14/17 03:39 PM

I don't see anywhere in my post that I asked for opinions on the gun. Just letting others know about a good deal on what Taurus calls their #1 selling subcompact. Not everyone can afford $1,000 handguns.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/14/17 03:42 PM

The Taurus Milleniums are a great value. Had one as my truck gun for a long time. Never had a hiccup. $179 is stupid cheap.

Do these have the improved trigger from the 24/7 series or the old heavy pull from the original Millenium?

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/14/17 04:01 PM

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/14/17 04:13 PM

Yes, I think $179 for Taurus' #1 selling handgun and one of the top selling compact 9mm in the US, is a good deal. Want to bet I can find someone that has had bad luck with Glocks? Get over yourself, It would not matter what brand or model of pistol I posted, someone like you that thinks they know everything about every gun on the planet will have to chime in about how its a piece of crap. Never fails.

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/14/17 04:23 PM

Posted By: DeerSlayer31

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/14/17 07:27 PM

I'm a Glock guy myself and I'm wanting to get one of the 111 for the car. A friend of mine jyst bought one about 2 months ago and after roughly 200 rounds not one hiccup. Great gun for the value!
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/14/17 08:50 PM

I have one that I bought right after they came out about 4 years ago. It is the only Taurus I have ever owned and I've never really seen any bad reviews on it. IIRC the "Gen 1" PT111 had lots of problems but I understand this is a total redesign and shares little with it's predecessor. It is my EDC and I have shot all kinds of ammo through it and never had one malfunction. Of course, when I bought mine they were $349. I'd say it is a heck of a deal.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/14/17 09:48 PM

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/15/17 05:16 PM

I didn't realize that it wasn't just one day, the deal goes to 11-27.

And to Chad, if you felt so strongly about all the crap you were spewing yesterday about how this gun is total junk, why did you delete your posts?
Posted By: Marc K

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

And to Chad, if you felt so strongly about all the crap you were spewing yesterday about how this gun is total junk, why did you delete your posts?

Your conduct is up to you, but I don't see the value in calling someone out for backing off in order to be polite.

Marc
Posted By: CJ7nvrstk

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 01:19 AM

Great price.

Good luck with it.

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Marc in Bastrop

Your conduct is up to you, but I don't see the value in calling someone out for backing off in order to be polite.

Marc

+1
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 03:29 AM

I don't see anywhere in my post that I asked for opinions on the gun. Just letting others know about a good deal on what Taurus calls their #1 selling subcompact. Not everyone can afford $1,000 handguns.
totally agree, wth, some people are just jerks.

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Marc in Bastrop

Marc

I respect your opinion but my opinion is that he realized what a douche bag he was and decided he better do some scene control before he lost customers. There is no need for the kind cap he was saying.
For example, I have an ithica model 37 pump (great guns everyone loves them) that my dad got me when I was 15 (44 now) it has been the worst gun I have ever owned or witnessed in many years of bird hunting. But would it make sense for me to say the 37 is apiece of crap? No. It's just one gun, it happens. Like I told him, you think I can't find someone that got a bad Glock? Please.
He was being a trolling jerk and there was no reason for it.
Posted By: SR025

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 01:20 PM

I wouldn't take a Taurus pistol if it was free stir
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: SR025
I wouldn't take a Taurus pistol if it was free stir

I'll take all any member wants to give me!

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 03:22 PM

I deleted b/c you got butt hurt over calling this a "good deal". Your right, Taurus is a great pistol known for it's reliability and serviceability by many law enforcement agencies. If you put something up on an open social media post and call it a "good deal", you can expect someone saying it's not such a good deal, and you have issues with that. I'm saying it's not such a good deal.

I respect your opinion but my opinion is that he realized what a douche bag he was and decided he better do some scene control before he lost customers. There is no need for the kind cap he was saying.

Yes, I'm truly worried about losing customers over calling a Taurus pistol a piece of crap. Laughable!

Now, I'm done, and I hope your pistol works out for you.

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 03:40 PM

I think if you post something on an open public social media sight, you should stand behind what you say, not delete the post. You know what you said was wrong and uncalled for, thats why you deleted it.

And laugh all you want, but you lost me as a customer just for being a troll. (I know, I've only bought 100 rounds from you so no biggie right?)

BTW, show me a better deal on a subcompact pistol.
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 03:45 PM

BTW, show me a better deal on a subcompact pistol.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/718085682

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/718217116

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 03:46 PM

MSRP for a HK vp9sk or glock 26 or sig p320 is a better deal than any priced trash taurus

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 03:47 PM

roflmao

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 03:49 PM

I guess some don't understand what I mean as a good deal. I'm not comparing a Taurus to Glock or anything else, never did, y'all are. I'm saying $179 for this pistol is a good deal.

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 03:53 PM

buy once cry once, get what you pay for, etc..

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 04:03 PM

I get that. But look, I have a safe full of guns, on top of 30 something long guns I have, an Fn 5.7,a Sig C3, a S&W M&P .45, an AMT .30 cal Automag, Taurus Judge, a WWII 1911, a p-38 German luger, Ruger single six .22lr & .22wmr plus a few I'm not thinking of, but all of these have sentimental value and I dont like leaving them in the truck. I won't be worried about losing it like I would with anything else in the truck. I have to go in places sometimes that I cannot carry.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 04:55 PM

I think it would serve your purposes well as long as you thoroughly verify reliability. It doesn't matter what manufacturer you bring up, there's always going to be someone who poopoos it. The only thing that matters is your own educated opinion of the piece.
Posted By: TTUhunter4

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/16/17 06:19 PM

"Good Deal" is relative. This seems like a pretty silly argument. If you think it's a good deal, buy the pistol....if you don't think it's a good deal, don't buy it. I don't understand why someone would take the time to dump on this guy's post, just move on if you aren't interested in the pistol.
Posted By: Aggie1980

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/17/17 02:14 AM

That's a nice deal on a great pistol I personally had strong feelings against Taurus being cheaply made until I had a problem from one I bought used from a pawn shop to be a TRUCK GUN. I contacted Taurus told them I purchased it used they had me send it back said it would be about 6 weeks I received an email 14 days later wanting to know what FFL I wanted to use that the gun was irreparable and they would be sending me a brand new one free of charge lifetime warranty guarantee at that moment I realized that they are pretty good guns WITH AN OUTSTANDING WARRANTY. Never had that kind of service from a top end manufacturer like Kimber for instance first pistol I bought in 1999 spent $1,100 on a nice Kimber 1911 out of the two years I owned it is spent 9 months in Yonkers New York it was very ammo picky would only cycle CARBON Brand and everytime it was shipped back at my COST with a letter "We could not find a problem with the pistol sir Thank you for choosing Kimber. I don't hold it against Kimber for that one pistol being bad though, but with my experience I still have not yet purchased another Kimber. POINT BEING EVERY MANUFACTURER HAS GOOD ONES AND BAD ONES.
I believe if you read on the Taurus International website they are sister companies with Smith and Wesson and several other gun manufacturer NAMES may explain why the PT111 G2 looks awful lot like the M&P Shield. I enjoy shooting my PT111 G2 and I'm sure you will enjoy yours
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/17/17 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By: TTUhunter4
"Good Deal" is relative. This seems like a pretty silly argument. If you think it's a good deal, buy the pistol....if you don't think it's a good deal, don't buy it. I don't understand why someone would take the time to dump on this guy's post, just move on if you aren't interested in the pistol.

I'll stand up for Chad. He is a good person. He is hardly a d-bag and one of the posters who frequently provides helpful and substantive input here, as do FJG and several others. Do I agree with everything they post? Usually, but not always, but I always give their input consideration and weight.

Chad shared his opinion based on owning two. He did not make a negative attack against the person, as was done to him in response, but he did provide a strong negative opinion about the equipment, based on his own experience, not something he read on the internet.

Normally, I try to follow the old adage, "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." However, when the discussion turns to equipment for self-defense, then a candid, but polite, dialogue is important to keep someone from ending up in a life or death confrontation with unreliable equipment. Warranties or low prices are meaningless at that moment.

If a pistol is for self-defense, especially when touted as a "PSA" to the public, then it is important to provide input that it may not be a good choice for that application. Someone's life may depend on it one day.

Would like to add, buying a cheap pistol to keep in the car or truck with the expectation that it will stolen is a mindset that works against all gunowners. We have a responsibility to hang onto our guns and keep them stored so that are not likely to fall into the hands of those who would use them for evil.

My previous truck was broken into three times, tossed, but nothing taken. The cops said that there are organized gangs that target trucks for break-ins specifically looking for guns. Please do not leave a pistol in the console or glove box. Small safes or locking compartments are easy to install in trucks and cars to store a pistol, where it at least will be much harder to do a smash and grab.

CC,

I've not seen the G2 in hand or on the range. Hopefully it will work well for you. I'd be interested in you posting more about it after it has 500 rounds through it. I mean that sincerely and in the nicest possible way.

Taurus supposedly has a new management team in place after paying $39 million to resolve defective product claims a few years ago. Hopefully this new team has turned the quality control around.

Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/17/17 02:24 AM

Yes sir, THIS.

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/17/17 04:24 AM

As someone who knows Chad and likes Taurus, I agree with everything jeffbird said.

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/17/17 11:20 AM

Originally Posted By: jeffbird

I'll stand up for Chad. He is a good person. He is hardly a d-bag and one of the posters who frequently provides helpful and substantive input here, as do FJG and several others. Do I agree with everything they post? Usually, but not always, but I always give their input consideration and weight.

Chad shared his opinion based on owning two. He did not make a negative attack against the person, as was done to him in response, but he did provide a strong negative opinion about the equipment, based on his own experience, not something he read on the internet.

Normally, I try to follow the old adage, "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." However, when the discussion turns to equipment for self-defense, then a candid, but polite, dialogue is important to keep someone from ending up in a life or death confrontation with unreliable equipment. Warranties or low prices are meaningless at that moment.

If a pistol is for self-defense, especially when touted as a "PSA" to the public, then it is important to provide input that it may not be a good choice for that application. Someone's life may depend on it one day.

Would like to add, buying a cheap pistol to keep in the car or truck with the expectation that it will stolen is a mindset that works against all gunowners. We have a responsibility to hang onto our guns and keep them stored so that are not likely to fall into the hands of those who would use them for evil.

My previous truck was broken into three times, tossed, but nothing taken. The cops said that there are organized gangs that target trucks for break-ins specifically looking for guns. Please do not leave a pistol in the console or glove box. Small safes or locking compartments are easy to install in trucks and cars to store a pistol, where it at least will be much harder to do a smash and grab.

CC,

I've not seen the G2 in hand or on the range. Hopefully it will work well for you. I'd be interested in you posting more about it after it has 500 rounds through it. I mean that sincerely and in the nicest possible way.

Taurus supposedly has a new management team in place after paying $39 million to resolve defective product claims a few years ago. Hopefully this new team has turned the quality control around.

Thank you but the fact is, even he realized he shouldn't have said what he said. Otherwise he wouldn't have deleted his posts. Not just one but 2 or 3.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/17/17 12:30 PM

OK, this staying civil so I will jump back in.

I am a CZ, Ruger and Desert Eagle guy but I do own a PT111 G2 with a high round count and not even one hiccup - seriously. I hate the trigger, but I trust it to always go bang.

I don't know Chad personally but I will support a man who deletes his post when he feels that it would be better for keeping the peace. Just as I would support a moderator doing the same thing. Chad backed off already by deleting his negative posts.

A continued public whipping has what value?

Yes, he deleted his posts in response to your grievance, in an attempt to make it a non-issue. From my perspective, perhaps that was the gentlemanly thing to do.

Respectfully,
Marc

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/17/17 01:46 PM

Thank you but the fact is, even he realized he shouldn't have said what he said. Otherwise he wouldn't have deleted his posts. Not just one but 2 or 3.
Maybe he deleted it because he realized that you took it way too personally and he didn't want to offend you? Not because he shouldn't have said it.

I mean even after you he deleted it, you still felt the need to keep taking shots. And even now, you continue. Don't you think that maybe, just maybe, you've gone a little too far here and you own at least 50% of the blame?

Chad felt strongly about the topic and voiced his opinion. That's not a crime. I think his last 2 posts that were deleted ended with something like, "I genuine hope you enjoy the gun." How is that something he "shouldn't have said" (according to you)?

Let it go my friend. We've taken a tiny little anthill and are making Mount Everest out of it. Let it go.

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/17/17 02:37 PM

Time to shake hands guys.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/18/17 02:12 AM

cheerleader

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/27/17 03:19 AM

After all this activity about the Taurus I decided to do a little research. There are some very good reviews on this handgun. Impressed me so I ordered one. Thanks CCBIRDDOGMAN for bringing this website up.

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/27/17 04:01 PM

Took mine to the range Wednesday, shot 50 rounds of monarch Brass (FMJ 115 gr.) and 50 rounds CCI Blazer Brass (FMJ 115 gr.), plus 24 rounds of Federal premium hollow points. No jams and the gun shoots great.

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/27/17 08:41 PM

Very good news, glad to hear the gun performed so well. Mine is not here yet.
Posted By: Dropp-243

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/27/17 09:17 PM

Cabelas has them for $199.No shipping or FFL fee

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/28/17 01:21 AM

Don't think I have seen the gun in our Cabelas ad. That is a good deal.
Posted By: Dropp-243

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/28/17 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Wilhunt
Don't think I have seen the gun in our Cabelas ad. That is a good deal.
I bought mine on line

Re: PSA Tuarus PT111 G2 polymer grip subcompact 9mm $179 - 11/28/17 11:20 AM

That is another good price.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum