Texas Hunting Forum

Browning Xbolt trigger adjustment question

Posted By: HoldPoint

Browning Xbolt trigger adjustment question - 11/09/17 12:38 AM

Pretty basic - for those that have adjusted the triggers on their xbolt did you just take the set screw completely out and leave it out? Don't see much sense in leaving it in one thread just cause. My understanding is if you remove it that it simply let's it go to the lowest setting which is 3 lbs. Need to put a gauge on it but I'm guessing it didn't drop below 3 lbs.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Browning Xbolt trigger adjustment question - 11/09/17 01:28 AM

three pound is about as good as it gets. Jard makes a "drop in" trigger for the X-Bolt, can be ordered with a very light pull. I would be safe and go this route. close your bolt really fast and hard (empty gun of course) make sure the sear holds, also drop it from about 6" on the butt to make sure it holds. I wouldn't leave the screw out.

Re: Browning Xbolt trigger adjustment question - 11/09/17 02:36 AM

I've dropped it, bounced it and hit the side of it with my palm. Does not go off so pretty sure my understanding is correct. Curious to see if others with xbolts have done the same thing. According to timney they will release a trigger in January after shot show.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Browning Xbolt trigger adjustment question - 11/09/17 02:20 PM

I have the X-Bolt, I got the trigger to 3# but left the screw in. Its a pretty dang good trigger as is, unless the shooter is used to hunting with a light pull. this is my daughters gun.

if it was mine I would already have the 1# Jard in it

Re: Browning Xbolt trigger adjustment question - 11/09/17 03:07 PM

So you just left one thread in it and then put some rtv to hold it in place? I like how the trigger breaks its just too heavy for my liking. I've looked at the jards but read mixed reviews. Once timney releases theirs I'll decide which one I'm going to go with.

Re: Browning Xbolt trigger adjustment question - 11/09/17 03:30 PM

Spoke to Browning tech support and they said there would be no issues leaving it out other than misplacing it. The trigger will not go less than 3 lbs unless you start clipping springs. I'll leave it out and plan on a trigger swap after season
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum