Texas Hunting Forum

A buyer's market...

Posted By: 9x19

A buyer's market... - 11/04/17 11:41 AM

The gun market is really soft right now, this is one recent example.

Ruger 22/45, like new in box with papers, One bid at opening price ($171, and only $20 for shipping). It's hard to believe nobody bid more, tells you how soft the market is right now. What a difference from just a year ago.

Posted By: TxHunter80

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/04/17 12:44 PM

It also seems to be across the board and not just the AR market. I watch a few things on gunbroker pretty regularly and it's hard to believe what sellers are letting guns go for
Posted By: Vern1

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/04/17 01:53 PM

Yeah, you can get a pretty decent AR10 from PSA for 600 bux.

The market for 9mm and 45ACP ARs is pretty strong but prices are dropping on them also.

Even ammo is getting reasonable again.

Now, if I just had some money!!
Posted By: huntandfish

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/04/17 01:58 PM

Saw latest bass pro flyer and even they nave a bushmaster ar-15 with bushmastvreddot for $499 after rebate.
Posted By: texaspatriot.308

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/04/17 03:00 PM

Bushmaster currently is not the same Bushmaster of years ago...not the quality it had, if you want a Bushmaster made by the same company and many of same employees, it's now Wyndham Weaponry. And yes for most firearms prices are low and plenty inventory.
Posted By: Kevin1

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/04/17 03:16 PM

And yet, right here on this forum, people are asking more for their used guns than what the same gun would cost new (including shipping and FFL). I really don't understand.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/04/17 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Vern1
Now, if I just had some money!!
Posted By: fgdn

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/04/17 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Kevin1
And yet, right here on this forum, people are asking more for their used guns than what the same gun would cost new (including shipping and FFL). I really don't understand.

seeing this all over, just don't get it. seems like some are just not paying attention

selling ammo for well over what can be found on line. let alone the price on some guns being asked

doesn't make sense

guns and ammo all over for cheap right now, do some shopping before making a purchase. well worth the time

nice catch on the 22/45, they are a lot of fun to shoot
Posted By: 9x19

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/04/17 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Vern1
Yeah, you can get a pretty decent AR10 from PSA for 600 bux.

The market for 9mm and 45ACP ARs is pretty strong but prices are dropping on them also...

With PSA's recent sales, you could assemble a 9mm Glock mag AR for under $500.
Posted By: T Bone

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/04/17 07:13 PM

I see the same thing.. Those guys don't seem to understand that their AR-10 isn't worth $11-1200 when you can get one from PSA for half that..
Posted By: Gemlin

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/04/17 11:24 PM

People list guns all the time at above retail pricing. Just because they bought the gun at a higher price, doesnt mean its still that price.

If a used gun isnt at least 25% reduced from current retail price, Ill buy the gun new
Posted By: Marc K

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/06/17 01:13 AM

When you see run-of-mill guns priced obviously above current retail, remember that there are buyers who are very willing to pay more because they cannot pass the background check, and/or do not want their name attached to the weapon.

When I see it, I get suspicious.
Posted By: Kevin1

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/06/17 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Marc in Bastrop
When you see run-of-mill guns priced obviously above current retail, remember that there are buyers who are very willing to pay more because they cannot pass the background check, and/or do not want their name attached to the weapon.

When I see it, I get suspicious.

I've noticed that those overpriced guns usually don't sell.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/06/17 12:06 PM

Originally Posted By: fgdn

seeing this all over, just don't get it. seems like some are just not paying attention

selling ammo for well over what can be found on line. let alone the price on some guns being asked

doesn't make sense

guns and ammo all over for cheap right now, do some shopping before making a purchase. well worth the time

nice catch on the 22/45, they are a lot of fun to shoot

What's the big deal? So what if someone asks for what they believe the gun is worth and it's more than you're willing to pay? It doesn't cost them to post it and it doesn't cost you anything to look at it? Perhaps someone will see value where you do not and be willing to pay.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/06/17 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Marc in Bastrop
remember that there are buyers who are very willing to pay more because they cannot pass the background check, and/or do not want their name attached to the weapon.

I had not thought of that. Similar to those 80% complete receivers. I once worked at a company with a felon and he had purchased 2 of those.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/07/17 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: texaspatriot.308
Bushmaster currently is not the same Bushmaster of years ago...not the quality it had, if you want a Bushmaster made by the same company and many of same employees, it's now Wyndham Weaponry. And yes for most firearms prices are low and plenty inventory.

Agreed love my Wyndham.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/07/17 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bone

I see the same thing.. Those guys don't seem to understand that their AR-10 isn't worth $11-1200 when you can get one from PSA for half that..
Depends. If you want a basic AR10 PSA is great if you want quality light weight products and a gun that will go bang every time then it might be worth 11-1200 to someone.
Posted By: KK30RAR

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/08/17 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Originally Posted By: T Bone

Depends. If you want a basic AR10 PSA is great if you want quality light weight products and a gun that will go bang every time then it might be worth 11-1200 to someone.
. I’ll take quality every time . It has resale value.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/08/17 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Superduty
Originally Posted By: texaspatriot.308

Agreed love my Wyndham.

Yes I love mine also, if I still own it. My oldest grandson used it for his first deer last year. Now he says it is his AR. I will store it for him until he needs it again. With the adjustable stock and light recoil it makes a great starter.
Posted By: Dien

Re: A buyer's market... - 11/09/17 03:39 AM

Sold two pistols recently. One used for same price as new and one new one for more then what I paid for it.

These had 18 month waits so quality stuff still sells.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum