Texas Hunting Forum

Recoil Pad advice

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Recoil Pad advice - 10/15/17 09:18 PM

Having the guys at 1911 Academy install a recoil pad on my daughters 1100. Which are the softest? I have Decelerator, not all that soft.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/15/17 09:24 PM

I like my limsaver.

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/15/17 09:25 PM

while looking on Midway, many pads come in sizes. Remy 1100, what size?? Reviews don't tell much
Posted By: TxHunter80

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/15/17 10:19 PM

I've used Pacmayr and Kick-eez. I think the Kick-eez was more effective in reducing felt recoil.
Posted By: TDK

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/15/17 10:28 PM

Ive seen kick-eez with chunks missing and limbsaver with stuff stuck to them from being sticky. I'll stick with Pachmyr.
Posted By: Jon

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/15/17 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: TDK
Ive seen kick-eez with chunks missing and limbsaver with stuff stuck to them from being sticky. I'll stick with Pachmyr.

I've had the decelarator and the limbsaver. I think the limbsaver is softer but you're right about them being stickier.
If you don't mind what your gun looks like, some carefully applied electrical tape can solve that sticky problem right quick. For a daughter, some of the available colors might even be appealing. I chose the standard 3M Super type 33+ in the attractive black to solve the stickyness issue on my limbsaver pad.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/15/17 10:51 PM

Get her a strap on
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/16/17 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: TxHunter80
I've used Pacmayr and Kick-eez. I think the Kick-eez was more effective in reducing felt recoil.

I have both those the Pacmayr decelerator is very good and has the ones I have one is 25+ years old and still working well on a 6lb over/under 12ga. I agree Kick-ezz works perhaps a bit better though, just not sure it will last as long. As long as I can get either of those I think the Limbsavers I have will be my last of them.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/16/17 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Get her a strap on

roflmao

Sticky pad or Kickezz are probably the softest. A Kickezz will also flatten if stored in the safe butt down for extended time.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/16/17 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Get her a strap on

worthless
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/16/17 02:24 AM

Has she actually shot it and said the recoil was too stout? Don't forget the recoil pad will change the LOP which could be an issue. Didn't limbsaver make a pullover type. I had two of the limbsavers, but one did not get sticky it just melted. Reminded me of the old style vinyl worms.

I had a relative who used the old style leather type that were laced on to the butt. I always thought they had class back on the old hand oiled stocks.
Posted By: Blanco

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/16/17 03:23 AM

All my guns that need em get Kick-Eez pads.

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/16/17 11:32 AM

I will have a gunsmith cut the stock and add the pad to fit her. The new Limbsaver looking like a winner if they can grind it to fit,

BIL, I could say something really mean but I'll be like Oxner and be nice
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/16/17 12:50 PM

Is it a 12 ga?

What about getting her a 20 or 28 gauge?

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/16/17 12:57 PM

Its a 20ga Doc, nice little gun, has the plastic butt plate on it. I think its more of a mental thing but you know how mental shooting is.

I like the new Limbsaver Air Tech, My daughter is pretty small and needs all the help she can get.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/16/17 01:02 PM

up Good choice. Those plastic butt plates are terrible.

I put one of those slip-on Limbsaver recoil pads on my O/U and it works pretty well.

edit: It may have been a Decelerator.
Posted By: P_102

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/18/17 05:32 PM

I would vote Decelerator or Kickeez.....more important is putting a pad on EVERY shotgun, even .410, plastic butt pads slip a lot. P_102
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/18/17 11:01 PM

I like the way the Limbsaver works but the ones I own are sticky. For maximum recoil reduction I think the limbsaver does pretty good. Hope it makes the 20 more comfortable for your daughter.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/18/17 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: TDK
right on, I have passed on some guns with the above because they looked so ratty.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Recoil Pad advice - 10/18/17 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Blanco
All my guns that need em get Kick-Eez pads.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum