Texas Hunting Forum

Best shooting bench

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Best shooting bench - 10/13/17 08:53 PM

looking for a high quality shooting bench, like the Stukeys NOT the kind Cabelas and Bass pro sell

Anybody own one...Judd maybe?
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Best shooting bench - 10/13/17 09:25 PM

Ramball will make you an all-metal unit for less than half what that costs. Also, I made my own out of treated 4x4s/plywood for about $100. Granted, it's heavy, but it's sturdy as hell and will still fit in a 48" wide pickup bed.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Best shooting bench - 10/13/17 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
looking for a high quality shooting bench, like the Stukeys NOT the kind Cabelas and Bass pro sell

Anybody own one...Judd maybe?
check mine out in classifieds, find one of the older black & decker workmates, drill 4 holes for the screw in plugs, add plywood and you have a portable bench that is plenty solid
Posted By: P_102

Re: Best shooting bench - 10/13/17 11:16 PM

The problem, Buzz, is finding one that's as stable as we would want but also light enough to haul around. The one at Jasons is very stable but also very heavy...at least for this old man! P_102
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Best shooting bench - 10/14/17 12:05 AM

Buzz, I've got a Ramball made bench (same as Jason's) you can borrow anytime. It is very sturdy but might be heavy for old folks like you and P102. grin
Posted By: Birdhunter61

Re: Best shooting bench - 10/14/17 01:55 AM

I have a caldwell premier bench and like it really well. Lightweight, fits in the back of a truck.
Robby
Posted By: Judd

Re: Best shooting bench - 10/14/17 02:29 AM

I built a three legged bench using pipe feet and had 1.5 " plywood top. It sucked, there was too much slop in the pipe threads. So after realizing I had screwed up, I reached out to Ramball. We met and I told him what I was thinking...Ramball took my ideas and amped them up. My bench is awesome but I'd bet it's 20lbs heavier than Jason's. It's heavier than most would want but it's perfect.

After building mine Ramball started building the others, the deminsions are close but heavier stuff.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Best shooting bench - 10/14/17 03:24 AM

Neighbor's ironing board.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Best shooting bench - 10/14/17 03:31 AM

Last match I shot at there were 3-4 of these bench’s. Made right here in Waco. They are the best I have seen or used. I have the ambi version with just two adjustable legs and also the lefty with all four legs adjustable.

https://legacyshootingproducts.com

I wanted to add this newest generation bench Wade makes is easily handled and loaded in and out of vehicles by one person. In fact I have picked up both one under each arm and carried from the truck to the garage.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Best shooting bench - 10/14/17 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: DStroud
Last match I shot at there were 3-4 of these bench’s. Made right here in Waco. They are the best I have seen or used. I have the ambi version with just two adjustable legs and also the lefty with all four legs adjustable.

https://legacyshootingproducts.com

I wanted to add this newest generation bench Wade makes is easily handled and loaded in and out of vehicles by one person. In fact I have picked up both one under each arm and carried from the truck to the garage.

this is what I need portable. it has to go in the outback
Ramballs for sure if I didn't need to move it
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum