Texas Hunting Forum

Tikka CTR Range Report

Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Tikka CTR Range Report - 10/09/17 02:46 PM

Picked up a CTR in 260 from another forum member on Friday. Planning for this to be my go to deer getter this season. I already have a long range 260 setup, so I thought it made sense to stick with a caliber I was already set up to load for.

I gave the bore a good cleaning then mounted a Zeiss Conquest 4-14 with the Z-800 reticle that I had sitting around. Took it to my range Saturday afternoon, bore sighted it, then fired 5 rounds of factory ammo to get it close. Decided to try my load for my other 260 just for grins and proceeded to shoot a .75 inch group. How lucky was that? I went up a couple of clicks on my elevation to get it into the bull and shot another .75 inch group, all shots cold bore. I think I'll just leave it like it is. roflmao

Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Tikka CTR Range Report - 10/09/17 03:00 PM

That will work
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Tikka CTR Range Report - 10/09/17 03:13 PM

I'm glad you bought that-I was going to if you hadn't. Congrats on the new rifle!
Posted By: Anton Chigurh

Re: Tikka CTR Range Report - 10/09/17 05:08 PM

Glad to see it's shooting well for you, hope you get to put it good use hunting this season.

The one I kept in 6.5cm is a shooter also. Hard to beat these for the money IMO..
Posted By: janie

Re: Tikka CTR Range Report - 10/09/17 05:19 PM

Good chootin! up
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Tikka CTR Range Report - 10/09/17 08:03 PM

I may tweak the load after deer season to see if I can get it to shoot a bit tighter. Of course it may also be the scope. That Zeiss has the thickest reticle lines I've ever seen on a scope. At 100 yards it almost completely covered that 1 inch bull. Hard to get real precise with that scope, but it's great for low light hunting and quick target acquisition.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Tikka CTR Range Report - 10/10/17 12:21 AM

I saw that CTR for sale. It was a great deal.

Nice shooting and nice rifle! My CTR 6.5 creedmoor is shooting awesome with Hornady 140 ELD-M Ammo. I already have 8 lbs of H-4350 to start loading with. Love those Tikkas!
Posted By: SpoonPlatoon

Re: Tikka CTR Range Report - 10/10/17 01:33 AM

I just picked up a CTR in 308. I regret not buying one sooner!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum