Texas Hunting Forum

Just picked up a Brazilian mauser converted to 7.62x39, info?

Posted By: HandyMan91

Just picked up a Brazilian mauser converted to 7.62x39, info? - 10/03/17 10:17 PM

I heard century had made these as a limited run but can't find much online about it. I will put up pics when I get home, any info would be great.

Re: Just picked up a Brazilian mauser converted to 7.62x39, info? - 10/04/17 12:17 AM

Re: Just picked up a Brazilian mauser converted to 7.62x39, info? - 10/04/17 12:24 AM

Well here she is, I took pictures of all the markings, I'm really just interested in if this is a custom gun or if there were any companies selling this already converted commercially. The barrel is obviously modern/new from looking at the rifling, it wasn't a rebore or sleeve job from what I can see. The mag well has a rear spacer and a poly follower so I believe that was part of the conversion. Can't find any markings on barrel to indicate a manufacturer, may need to pull the stock off. Either way I'm super excited, I've been searching for a bolt gun in 7.62x39 but haven't wanted to shell out the cash for a CZ or ruger, plus this one has some character
Posted By: Tim9880

Re: Just picked up a Brazilian mauser converted to 7.62x39, info? - 10/04/17 12:48 AM

Numrich and Rhineland both made a conversion kit, was gonna do a spare mauser I had with a bad barrel, but someone made me an offer on it. Not sure if anyone did a any commercial conversions
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Just picked up a Brazilian mauser converted to 7.62x39, info? - 10/04/17 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: HandyMan91
Well here she is, I took pictures of all the markings, I'm really just interested in if this is a custom gun or if there were any companies selling this already converted commercially. The barrel is obviously modern/new from looking at the rifling, it wasn't a rebore or sleeve job from what I can see. The mag well has a rear spacer and a poly follower so I believe that was part of the conversion. Can't find any markings on barrel to indicate a manufacturer, may need to pull the stock off. Either way I'm super excited, I've been searching for a bolt gun in 7.62x39 but haven't wanted to shell out the cash for a CZ or ruger, plus this one has some character

If it shoots that should be the ticket then....
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: Just picked up a Brazilian mauser converted to 7.62x39, info? - 10/05/17 02:55 AM

Not sure about the Mauser, but I did own a CZ 527 in 7.62x39. If it had been a left-handed bolt, I'd still own it.

Re: Just picked up a Brazilian mauser converted to 7.62x39, info? - 10/09/17 02:16 AM

Well I pulled the stock off it so I could clean the mag well out and found this little gem, a boyds bold trigger for 94/98 mauser. Looks adjustable, there not pricy or anything, but way better than stock. Haven't made it out to shoot her yet though
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum