Texas Hunting Forum

Stevens Model 311 Help

Posted By: dhaverlah

Stevens Model 311 Help - 09/27/17 03:50 PM

I've got a Stevens Model 311H 12 gauge that's been in the family for decades. Last year while dove hunting the forend simply fell off. Upon inspection, it turns out I needed to replace the ejector screw and both forend screws. I've found the ejector screw and recently the front forend screw, but am still in need of the rear forend screw. I've taken the gun to a local gunsmith, and searched online through ebay, numrich (gunpartscorp), and gun broker. I am by no means a gunsmith, but feel like this is simple enough to handle myself, so long as I can find the parts. If anyone has any suggestions for where else to look for the part I need that would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am not opposed to using a slightly different screw that will accomplish the same task, but as the screw was broken and the pieces lost, I have no way of measuring the screw or it's threads. Thanks in advance for any help!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Stevens Model 311 Help - 09/27/17 04:52 PM

since you have check the above sources, the next thing might be to find a downer gun.
Posted By: dhaverlah

Re: Stevens Model 311 Help - 09/27/17 05:11 PM

I've actually solved my problem now, thanks to some help. Thanks! Moderators can delete topic now if desired.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum