Texas Hunting Forum

Rec for Houston Gunsmith

Posted By: jeffbird

Rec for Houston Gunsmith - 09/21/17 12:07 AM

Friend in Houston needs a smith to clean and adjust a Jewell trigger in a tactical style rifle in a McM A5.

Would appreciate recommendations for someone competent and experienced with Jewell triggers.

Thanks.
Posted By: dee

Re: Rec for Houston Gunsmith - 09/21/17 12:51 AM

Aaron Roberts in Spring I bet could do it.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Rec for Houston Gunsmith - 09/21/17 01:15 PM

I think he should pull the barreled action, blast it with degreaser, blow it dry with canned air (don't freeze it), Easy to adjust a Jewell if you have that long, TINY, screw driver, then douche it in lighter fluid, let air dry,

done.

getting the correct screw driver is the key. I bought mine from S&G Rifles many years ago from J.D. who is now dead. Jewel in San Marcos/ Sequin?? could sell you one too.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Rec for Houston Gunsmith - 09/21/17 01:49 PM

I have no clue what Buzz is talking about it's an allen wrench and a Phillips screw driver to take one down. What I have found is if you soak them in acetone that will clean it up then put the lighter fluid in it.

But having said that I'm with Dee....Aaron Roberts is who I'd use. I am headed to Huntsville Sat morn for a match down there, I can ask around if Aaron is backed up.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Rec for Houston Gunsmith - 09/21/17 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Judd
I have no clue what Buzz is talking about it's an allen wrench and a Phillips screw driver to take one down. What I have found is if you soak them in acetone that will clean it up then put the lighter fluid in it.

But having said that I'm with Dee....Aaron Roberts is who I'd use. I am headed to Huntsville Sat morn for a match down there, I can ask around if Aaron is backed up.

oh, yee of know it all, I will send you a picture of said tiny hex driver, the adj screw is right at the top o trigger....
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Rec for Houston Gunsmith - 09/22/17 12:31 AM

popcorn
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum