AR suppressor suggestions

Posted By: erathar

AR suppressor suggestions - 09/19/17 12:57 AM

Best?
Best bang for buck?
What do y'all suggest?
Posted By: syncerus

Re: AR suppressor suggestions - 09/19/17 01:01 AM

You have to narrow it down some. Are you shooting only 5.56, or do you want to suppress something bigger? How many rounds per year do you want to shoot through it? Are you mounting it on a CAR-15 or a HB target gun? Are you willing to $$$ for titanium? There are lots of factors that go into choosing a suppressor and I've only touched on a few.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: AR suppressor suggestions - 09/19/17 01:18 AM

Get a 30 cal and use it on the AR and get the titanium. The YHM 30cal titanium is great bang for the buck. Get the QD model and you just put a flash hider or brake on each rifle then you just switch the suppressor to whatever rifle you want.
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: AR suppressor suggestions - 09/19/17 03:00 AM

I'm with KRoyal,Buy a 30 cal titanium can if you have bigger guns to use it on. I prefer thread on suppressors over the QD mounts. I have two Thunder Beast 30-P1's and a Dakota Silencer Varminter 3.0 (Mack Bros.) in 30 cal. All 3 are titanium,the Mack Bros. suppressor is lighter/quieter and user serviceable which I like.
Some will say that centerfire suppressors don't need to be cleaned,but I have seen just how dirty they get with carbon build up on the baffles. I clean all of my suppressors.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: AR suppressor suggestions - 09/19/17 03:35 AM

I have a Silencerco Omega with both 5.56 and 7.62 end caps. I swap it via the AAC 51 tooth brake on several rifles.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum