Texas Hunting Forum

Rebluing?

Posted By: Brandon82

Rebluing? - 09/12/17 03:48 AM

Where in the dfw area is the best place to have a shotgun barrel and receiver reblued and how much? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Rebluing? - 09/12/17 12:39 PM

How much will depend on a lot of factors. Auto, O/U, SxS, Pump, etc.? Is anything case-hardened? What condition is the current metal in?

I called a ton of places in Dallas about getting my dad's old SxS refinished and they were all obscenely expensive so I just oiled it down and put it back away. It was a SxS with a case-hardened receiver and IIRC, I couldn't find anyone to touch it for under $500 unless they were going to leave the receiver as-is, and even then it was around $250-$300 for most of them just to do the barrels.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Rebluing? - 09/12/17 06:44 PM

Found a new gunsmith yesterday in Plano , couple doors down from Bullet Trap. Superior Gun Care, 214-919-0200. He does everything, not sure pricing or lead times. His name is Richard Christian.
Posted By: TDK

Re: Rebluing? - 09/14/17 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: patriot07
How much will depend on a lot of factors. Auto, O/U, SxS, Pump, etc.? Is anything case-hardened? What condition is the current metal in?

I called a ton of places in Dallas about getting my dad's old SxS refinished and they were all obscenely expensive so I just oiled it down and put it back away. It was a SxS with a case-hardened receiver and IIRC, I couldn't find anyone to touch it for under $500 unless they were going to leave the receiver as-is, and even then it was around $250-$300 for most of them just to do the barrels.

For grins, how much do you make an hour?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum