Texas Hunting Forum

Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions?

Posted By: Superduty

Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions? - 08/22/17 12:43 AM

I just bought the Maxus Golden sporting Clay....

http://www.browning.com/products/firearm...lden-clays.html

Please share opinions..have not had a chance to shoot her yet.

Thank you.
Posted By: danmac

Re: Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions? - 08/22/17 05:49 AM

I have a Maxus Sporting and really enjoy shooting with it. Had it several years now without ant problems...
Posted By: BigAL33

Re: Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions? - 08/22/17 12:09 PM

I thought about buying one but bought the new A5 instead.
Posted By: SpoonPlatoon

Re: Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions? - 08/22/17 12:19 PM

I have one and love it. Just make sure you liberally lube where the barrel ring is on the mag tube. Mine had started to rust together and it was a son of a gun to break down.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions? - 08/22/17 12:35 PM

I like them, really good gas gun. It fit me better than the Beretta Tekneys, so I bought the Benelli Super Black Eagle III. It fit me best.
Posted By: tx hunter

Re: Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions? - 08/23/17 03:53 PM

I have the 26" hunter model and the only thing i dislike about it is the quick detach forearm. When I first got it the forearm had the slightest amount of rotational play from side to side. I fixed that by adding some 1/8" felt spacers to the inside of the forearm. Awesome now! Just wish it had a traditional screw on magazine cap.
Posted By: C.K.

Re: Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions? - 08/23/17 06:53 PM

Love mine, shoots any shell and fits me perfectly.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions? - 08/23/17 07:36 PM

I've had a 3" stalker since 2011. Great shotgun. I like the speed forearm. I've shot the new A5. Maxus recoil feels lighter to me.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions? - 08/23/17 10:04 PM

Not crazy about the speed load switch on the side. My front hand hits it. Great shotgun though, congrats.

Re: Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions? - 08/23/17 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Judd
Not crazy about the speed load switch on the side. My front hand hits it. Great shotgun though, congrats.

No speed load switch on mine.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions? - 08/24/17 02:04 PM

I bought one for my son for Christmas a couple years ago, it's almost too pretty to shoot, which he did.

I will say we had trouble with Skeet/Trap loads cycling and bought a Cynergy for use there (he's on his HS Clay team). It cycled the larger stuff just fine. Without going to look, I think it's a 28" 3.5 chambered gun.

Re: Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions? - 08/27/17 08:28 PM

Update:

Took her out yesterday to shoot skeet. Could not get her to speed load,...did it about half the time,..very discouraged. I thought I would send it to browning for a look see. Shot 3 rounds anyway and got 6. 8 and 12. I am usually better than that. So I get home last night and google maxus speed loading, and come to find out I had to drag my thumb on lower insertion port for the speed load to work. So I did this last night and worked like a charm!

First thing I did this morning was go shoot 4 rounds with a piece of mind that it was not the shotgun and I didn't throw away 1500.00 bucks. Here was my result of the four rounds 14, 16, 20 ...21. Plus the learning curve going from a bps to an automatic. I noticed a lot less kick and very smooth.

I am very happy now.

Note: was shooting Remington low brass dove loads not one issue in 175 shots, minus the plastic separated from the brass and did not cycle the round. Just a bad shell.

Cannot wait till Friday!

Re: Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions? - 08/27/17 08:52 PM

Re: Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions? - 08/27/17 08:53 PM

Re: Browning Maxus. Anyone have one or opinions? - 08/27/17 08:55 PM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum