Texas Hunting Forum

Any gunsmiths in Fort Worth that work with older double guns

Posted By: johnboy91

Any gunsmiths in Fort Worth that work with older double guns - 01/04/17 01:38 PM

Need a gun looked at before I hunt with it
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Any gunsmiths in Fort Worth that work with older double guns - 01/04/17 01:43 PM

TDK would have been a good candidate for a checkup, but he's moved out of the metromess and out to someplace fit for human habitation. You missed him by a couple of months or so.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Any gunsmiths in Fort Worth that work with older double guns - 01/04/17 01:51 PM

Euless Guns on Hwy 10 in Euless has a couple of great gunsmiths.
You can trust them to check it out.
Posted By: TDK

Re: Any gunsmiths in Fort Worth that work with older double guns - 01/04/17 03:30 PM

ADM in southlake. What are your concerns or questions?

Re: Any gunsmiths in Fort Worth that work with older double guns - 01/04/17 03:35 PM

I just picked up a Remington 1894 FE double barrel want to make sure it's ok to shoot steel shot threw it

Re: Any gunsmiths in Fort Worth that work with older double guns - 01/04/17 03:36 PM

The barrels are not Damascus and it's chambered for 2 3/4
Posted By: TDK

Re: Any gunsmiths in Fort Worth that work with older double guns - 01/04/17 05:14 PM

Absolutely not! You'll need to use another non-tox shot like bismuth, hevi-shot classic doubles, or RST non-tox loads.

The unfortunate thing about vintage doubles is the limitations on what you can shoot. That said I thoroughly enjoy shooting my vintage English doubles. The 1894's are a gem in the American gun lineup!
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Any gunsmiths in Fort Worth that work with older double guns - 01/06/17 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: TDK
Absolutely not! You'll need to use another non-tox shot like bismuth, hevi-shot classic doubles, or RST non-tox loads.

The unfortunate thing about vintage doubles is the limitations on what you can shoot. That said I thoroughly enjoy shooting my vintage English doubles. The 1894's are a gem in the American gun lineup!

Good to know, thanks for posting.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Any gunsmiths in Fort Worth that work with older double guns - 01/06/17 08:31 PM

Larry Pockrus
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum