Texas Hunting Forum

Rugar. All-American. Preditor, Rifle.

Posted By: Bittercreek

Rugar. All-American. Preditor, Rifle. - 01/13/16 05:31 AM

Anyone have a review; from here. On the Rugar. All-American, Preditor-Rifle?
Thank you.
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Rugar. All-American. Preditor, Rifle. - 01/13/16 02:37 PM

Nooooooo I have been debating buying one and I don't need folks saying how great they are because I am a weak weak Man....

Practical to get a 308 but man would it be fun to have the Creedmoor or dealer exclusive 260 Rem....
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Rugar. All-American. Preditor, Rifle. - 01/13/16 02:54 PM

I have the standard in 7mm-08 and if they made the Predator in that I'd probably swap in a millisecond. It is incredibly accurate. With Federal Fusion 120gr it will put 5 in .75" at 100 yards. I suspect with a Chad load and JG shooting it it would easily be under .5".
Posted By: Barcelona Rick

Re: Rugar. All-American. Preditor, Rifle. - 01/13/16 04:05 PM

My son has a Ruger American Compact in 308 that he loves. This year he used it instead of his Remington 725 280 for deer hunting. Darn thing is a real tack driver (I know this is a relative term but it is a little under 1" at 100 yards) with plain old Remington ammo. Papa (me) bought my grandson & granddaughter a Ruger American Compact SS left hand American in 243 for Christmas. They are working on a ring and scope combo now for next deer season. These seem to be good accurate reasonable priced rifles.

rick
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Rugar. All-American. Preditor, Rifle. - 01/13/16 07:13 PM

I have it in .308 and the rifle is awesome. compact, good factory trigger, smooth bolt, lightweight and will shoot MOA if I do my part. For the money, it's awesome. I've twenty pigs over the last two months with this rifle.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Rugar. All-American. Preditor, Rifle. - 01/13/16 08:39 PM

I've owned 3 RARs and liked them all. Never heard of any issues with them.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Rugar. All-American. Preditor, Rifle. - 01/13/16 09:39 PM

IMO, best rifle for the money bar 0. My problem is , I would want to send it to Kampfeld for a custom fluting job and some Cerakote, got to trick it out a bit, hell, I might just do it bolt
Posted By: dawaba

Re: Rugar. All-American. Preditor, Rifle. - 01/16/16 11:18 AM

Before Christmas, a local gun shop had a RAR Predator for $389 in .223. On a whim, I bought it. The barrel is twisted at 1:8" and is 22" long. The Predator is pre-threaded for a suppressor and comes with a little cap to protect the threads. The barrel contour is midway between a light coach whip and a varmint weight....call it a heavy sporter. It weighs 6.5 lbs, sans scope, and Ruger has reinforced the "Tupperware" forearm with X-bracing to stiffen the stock, which was a problem on the early RARs.

My early results are scanty, having only shot 50 gr Nosler BTs (fave PD load), but it flat-out SHOOTS. I want to try some 63 Sierras and 64 Winchester bullets too.....the 8" twist should stabilize the heavy pills nicely, I think.

I'm already thinking about getting another Predator in .22-250 (10" twist) or 6.5 Creedmore (8" twist). I admit these rifles aren't too pretty, but in these days of ARs, SKSs, and tactical rigs, define pretty for me. The price and accuracy are certainly right on the RAR, and that alone gives this homely rig a beautiful smile!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Rugar. All-American. Preditor, Rifle. - 01/16/16 02:43 PM

accuracy makes up for butt ugly
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Rugar. All-American. Preditor, Rifle. - 01/16/16 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45
accuracy makes up for butt ugly

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum