Texas Hunting Forum

Benelli Nova

Posted By: Don Dial

Benelli Nova - 11/06/13 12:12 AM

I've been thinking about getting a Nova Pump Shotgun for hunting ducks , I figured to get a used one as they seem to fit left handed and I don't want to take the hit on a new one. Thoughts on the weapon prices ect appreciated. Don
Posted By: TRoberts

Re: Benelli Nova - 11/06/13 02:12 AM

I've had one for about 10ish years. I love it. Kicks like a mule, but it is a workhorse. I've dropped it in creeks/lakes then picked it up, cleaned out the barrel, and kept on going. It's been a great shotgun. It's not fancy or expensive but it sure does work well.
Posted By: Ryan81

Re: Benelli Nova - 11/06/13 02:18 AM

I've got the Supernova. Had it since May of 2011 and love it. Do not plan to sell it. It's great. I honestly don't think I can remember a time where it has jammed on me.
Posted By: E-Tx

Re: Benelli Nova - 11/06/13 06:06 PM

I've got 2 Nova's. Both are the original Nova. 1 is the DU edition with the DU receiver, never used it. I've had the other at least 10 years. Those things are like tanks, even used it once as a paddle. Got it loaned out to a buddy who had his shotgun stolen and he absolutely loves it also. I'd recommend it any day.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Benelli Nova - 11/06/13 06:09 PM

I had the Nova 12 ga in a camo and used it around the ranch, shooting anything that needed to be shot. Carried it on the 4 wheeler, would get dirt, brush and weeds in it but always functioned. Only negative I had was the fore end was a tad noisy, so I was cautious when carrying it for turkey. I sold it for $325 but that was two years ago. I recently sold a 20 ga in black finish with 3 chokes, and this gun was 98%, and sold it for $330.
Posted By: janie

Re: Benelli Nova - 11/06/13 06:11 PM

Our son has the SuperNova and loves it. You can literally beat the hell out of these shotguns, and they keep coming back for more.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Benelli Nova - 11/06/13 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Dial
I've been thinking about getting a Nova Pump Shotgun for hunting ducks , I figured to get a used one as they seem to fit left handed and I don't want to take the hit on a new one. Thoughts on the weapon prices ect appreciated. Don

Don- you can't destroy one. It won't let you down, its a work horse for sure. With that said I sold mine way to heavy and the action is very stiff. I'd get a bps and cerakote it. 100x better smoother action.. my 2 cents
Posted By: PiePuncher

Re: Benelli Nova - 11/07/13 09:50 PM

The nova is an excellent pump shotgun and as stated, it kicks but all pump shotguns kick. If you are looking for a pump, I don't think u can go wrong with the benelli
Posted By: skeet...Skeeter

Re: Benelli Nova - 11/08/13 02:30 AM

Love mine duck and goose hunting there is not better pump in my mind. Hunted in the rain and snow plenty and never had a problem.
Posted By: Don Dial

Re: Benelli Nova - 11/12/13 03:19 AM

Thanks guys I'm a lefty and tried one at a store and it mounted well and looked stout. I had a couple of BPS Brownings and they'd jam occasionally . I will probably try and get a used Camo Super Nova if I can find one and like the price
Posted By: Old_Town

Re: Benelli Nova - 11/12/13 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Dial
Thanks guys I'm a lefty and tried one at a store and it mounted well and looked stout. I had a couple of BPS Brownings and they'd jam occasionally . I will probably try and get a used Camo Super Nova if I can find one and like the price

My BPS jams too. My oldest son has a BPS 20 that runs good. I have Nova that has been 100% reliable.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum