Texas Hunting Forum

Cheapest place to buy guns???

Posted By: Brock77

Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/23/12 03:54 AM

This post has nothing to do with new gun laws or any of that stuff...

Ive always just relied on cabelas and bass pro to purchase my guns but they charge for the connivence and i feel they over price all of their merchandise. Besides a gun show where is the best place to look for low priced guns?

(im looking for name brand guns)
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/23/12 04:04 AM

Gun show? Seriously? Seldom are you going to buy a gun from a gun show at a good price unless its from an individual.

And Cabelas does have decent prices but you have to shop? I go about every other week and check out their used guns. Most of the time I come home empty handed but I've found more than a few good deals there. As for Bass Pro...it's my experience that they really love their guns and think very highly of them.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/23/12 04:23 AM

New guns? Slickguns will have the best prices from various vendors.
Used guns? The classifieds here, or gunbroker.
Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/23/12 06:08 AM

Pawn shops and individuals. At least you can haggle a little.
Posted By: psychsurf

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/23/12 02:19 PM

I've never seen one of those mythical "deals" at a pawnshop. Around here they're selling used gun for new retail prices, no haggling.

Edit: that was before the scare, now they're double retail, lol!
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/23/12 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Brock77
This post has nothing to do with new gun laws or any of that stuff...

Ive always just relied on cabelas and bass pro to purchase my guns but they charge for the connivence and i feel they over price all of their merchandise. Besides a gun show where is the best place to look for low priced guns?

(im looking for name brand guns)

Some of the best deals I've run into have been right here.
Posted By: OJVZ

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/23/12 11:04 PM

Yes, it seems the forums have some good deals.
Posted By: Stoney

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/23/12 11:30 PM

Sportingarms.com is awesome on new guns.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/24/12 12:32 AM

This is the best place I've found for shopping. I search here, gunbroker and Tx gun trader when I'm looking for something specific. Right now I'm searching for a 20 ga dbl bbl. Still looking.
Posted By: TXHogger

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/24/12 12:33 AM

not the gun show for sure
Posted By: Scary Poppins

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/24/12 12:40 AM

budsgunshop online
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/24/12 12:42 AM

I'm going to disagree with the gun show comments. You CAN find some good deals at gun shows. I got my $800+ Kimber for $725 out the door brand new. It really depends. People with table are just stores too.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/24/12 12:46 AM

A broke friend.
Posted By: RussG

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/24/12 01:02 AM

I've bought a number of firearms through gunbroker, and think that's an awesome place to buy if the shipping is less than what the sales tax is to buy locally. You can usually find find better deals on current retail prices by up to 20% below gun stores, and find guns that some dealers can't get, or are on a waiting list.
Posted By: OkieDokie

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/24/12 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: procraft05
A broke friend.

x2 and better than loaning money eek2
Posted By: Bob in TX

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/24/12 04:13 PM

Usually Bud's Guns: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

I have purchased several handguns and rifles from them over the years.
Posted By: tuf-duc

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/24/12 11:05 PM

Gunbroker gets my vote as well.
Posted By: JGW

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/25/12 01:39 AM

I found a great deal on an beautiful old Fox Stevens SXS at Cabella's. It was about 1/2 what I saw them going for on Gunbroker and in great condition. I think there are deals to be had, you just have to look and be patient. Past that, gunbroker, THF, etc.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/25/12 01:56 AM

Cabelas used sometime ain't bad.

I found a mint condition remmy 788 in 7-08 about 2 years for $399. Not being familiar with the cartridge of model I called my FIL. He said it was too much and caliber wasnt that good. bang

I bet I could have got it for $350-$375 AND it had a cheap scope on it.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/25/12 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: psychsurf
I've never seen one of those mythical "deals" at a pawnshop. Around here they're selling used gun for new retail prices, no haggling.

Edit: that was before the scare, now they're double retail, lol!

I bought a remington 1100 in .410 for $325 tax included at a pawnshop. That was a good deal to me. You just have to be patient.
Posted By: K W C

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/25/12 02:14 AM

Pawn shop & here on THF.
Posted By: quackwacker58

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/25/12 09:00 AM

google viking armory... he has a shop in the colony and is usually cheaper than buds
Posted By: edin76051

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/25/12 10:30 PM

Doesn't look like Viking Armory's web page is working..
Posted By: brent1

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/28/12 02:19 PM

Cabelas is high on just about everything. I rarely buy without it being in the cave. If you buy from allen store they always have extra of the $25 off over $140 coupons at customer service. Just tell them you left yours from the mail at home and they will give you one. Walking the store yesterday i noticed that they marked up alot of handguns $20-40 bucks just from christmas eve. The crowds of buying guns is less as well.
Posted By: Satch

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/28/12 02:22 PM

I have used gunbroker and budsgunshop (which he has tons on gunbroker with a great buy now price) good deals up
Posted By: Smittyb

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/28/12 02:45 PM

Find an honest old fashioned dealer who will order for you at cost + x%. You can easily tell the good ones, cause they will let you see there wholesaler flyers/catalogs.
Depending on where you live, you can sometimes find deals on Davidsons using the Gun Genie, try using different zip codes to find new dealers.
Posted By: what

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 12/29/12 01:42 AM

Academy.....
Posted By: Brock77

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 02/11/13 01:44 AM

bump
Posted By: Scoutdog

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 02/11/13 05:56 AM

If you know exactly what you want, you can usually find it cheaper somewhere on the internet. Make sure to factor in shipping and FFL fees when comparing local price + sales tax.
Posted By: Texas Heat

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 02/11/13 06:36 AM

Support your local gun store as long as they are not gouging.
Posted By: b25wolfpack

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 02/11/13 01:05 PM

Went to Nagels Gun shop yesterday. Prices coming down. Brother in law picked up a LC9.
Posted By: centurion2000

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 02/11/13 05:59 PM

I have to say some of the best deals I have seen are on this forum. As far as gun shows, I use them for hard to locate items and window shopping. You won't find good deals at a gun show.

Local gun shops can offer a decent gunsmithing relationship (because eventually you will need one), but you do pay a bit extra. It's worth an extra few percentage to have someone I know and perhaps reasonably trust work on the weapons.
Posted By: theserxtremedays

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 02/11/13 06:09 PM

Unless your looking for an ar it seems everyone wants to sell theirs for far more than they paid.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 02/11/13 07:25 PM

New guns: Academy and Buds online.
Used: Right here.
Posted By: Esslmeister

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 02/11/13 07:31 PM

Take a look at grabagun.com. They have a store front in Coppell.
Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 02/11/13 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: brent1
Cabelas is high on just about everything. I rarely buy without it being in the cave. If you buy from allen store they always have extra of the $25 off over $140 coupons at customer service. Just tell them you left yours from the mail at home and they will give you one. Walking the store yesterday i noticed that they marked up alot of handguns $20-40 bucks just from christmas eve. The crowds of buying guns is less as well.

Cabela's will price match on their new guns.
Posted By: Loden

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 02/12/13 05:44 PM

local pawn shops around here are the best. I can typically purchase what I want $100-$200 cheaper than the "going rate" online.
Posted By: brent1

Re: Cheapest place to buy guns??? - 02/12/13 06:03 PM

Cabelas will match if you have a sales flyer and the store is within 100 miles and has it instock. Id rather just support the store with the better deal than go into that hassle. How often do you see the gun you want in a flyer.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum